Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Biting the bullet a tad...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Biting the bullet a tad...
April 03, 2012 02:42PM
Will be selling my closet queen CZ6A that goes deep and also my real nice condition Golden Sabre 11 that excells on gold jewelry especially the small and chain varieties..

Any interest just PM with your tel. # and we can talk as my wifes cell has extra minutes on it..

Sorry my nice Explorer has found a new home with a friend so already started.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:05PM by Dan-Pa..
Re: Biting the bullet a tad...
April 03, 2012 03:18PM
Dan, sorry to hear about that sad smiley
I will be turning 65 later this year. Don't know about you but it seems surreal being this age. My mind still thinks like I am about 30 but the old body can't cash the check
my mind writes! I do a lot of detecting with my 30 year old son. He is like the Energizer bunny! He goes and goes and goes. Digs every foil signal looking for that gold.
As for me I move slow and analyze the signals. And takes breaks often. He loves hearing about how detecting was when I was his age. Oh, I still find some good stuff
but with my best days behind me nowdays thinking about the history I walk over intrigues me. Supposed to have a high of 62 today here today. What a beautiful day to
go detecting. So off I go shortly to that old golf course I posted about in an earlier thread. I've pulled almost 30 silver coins/rings out of there over the last 3 weeks. And
I finally managed to wrangle my 10.5" loop back from my son so today I'll try it.
I'd like to think of going detecting for a day is like this: I'm not as good as I once was... but I'm good once as I ever was! Gotta keep that positive attitude smiling smiley
Good luck with the sales Dan and God bless you.
Terry

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 03:42PM by Lipservice.
April 03, 2012 03:28PM
Thats a beautiful post Terry Godspeed 2 you and Dan*
April 03, 2012 03:38PM
Lipservice real hit the nail on the head and tack on about 10 more years and 35 years of Diabetes and you get the picture....Fortunately for me plan to be on the upside of the green grass for a long time so I guess you will have to put up with me on the forum and you local fellows will still have some competition locally.....as far as foil signals your Son is a bright guy as about 1/3 of the gold rings lost are thin womans and some with nice stones...and yep they hit on foil or foil to nickle bounce on a CZ...
CZ 6a air test
April 03, 2012 03:52PM
Dan how does the cz 6a air test on a dime with the sensitivity set on 5. let me know asap as i would like to have a cz again...thanks
April 03, 2012 04:04PM
Dan -- hope everything works out for you health-wise...sounds like you are managing but may have to cut back some; will pray for you.

Steve
Hey Sonny that CZ-6a He has
April 03, 2012 04:22PM
is as Hot as you will ever find and will airtest a clad dime on 6 at 12.25 "

And does not get EMI and can be run wide open also....

And look's awesome...

Rare find for 2012...Thats a 19 year old machine that look's like a 1 year old machine..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 04:23PM by Keith Southern.
April 03, 2012 05:34PM
Sorry to hear that Dan, your gonna have to take it easy for awhile and take extra care of yourself.
Take care,
Aaron
April 03, 2012 06:27PM
Dan,

You've been saying the same thing for over 12 years,if not longer.

Stay off carbohydrates, and get out there and hunt!

Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the last two weeks after seeing My Family,
> Diabetic,Kidney and Nerve Doc. my time in the
> field will surely be limited so:
>
> Will be selling my closet queen CZ6A that goes
> deep and also my real nice condition Golden Sabre
> 11 that excells on gold jewelry especially the
> small and chain varieties..
>
> Any interest just PM with your tel. # and we can
> talk as my wifes cell has extra minutes on it..
>
> Sorry my nice Explorer has found a new home with a
> friend so already started.
>
> I do have a mint XLT originally bought new which I
> can program for my limited field time and do not
> misunderstand not leaving the hobby as my problems
> just have me cutting down not leaving anywhere and
> expect a post or two on the forum.
>
> Nice bunch of guys on forum to give first dibs and
> classifieds and E-bay will not be my first
> option....so any interest let me know and we shall
> go from there...
April 03, 2012 06:44PM
Thanks for the positive E-mails guys but my health or lack of thereof is not an appropriate post for this forum and stand corrected so I deleted this info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:10PM by Dan-Pa..
April 03, 2012 08:13PM
Dan...you may be somewhat restricted from the field (I am truly saddened by that). But you better stay here with ussmiling smiley Your experience and well....just being the guy that you are...is not something we want to lose.
Last 2 yr's with my severely messed up back gives me experience of how health issues impact this hobby of ours. Monte over at FMall uses a cane while detectecting if I am not mistaken. He's been at this game about 45 yrs. You guys are hardcore....just a bit slowersmiling smiley As I am. Godspeed.
April 03, 2012 10:13PM
Indeed Monte has used a cane for years and certainly a knowlegable gentleman, heck I will probably be detecting from a golf cart some day as diabetes does a job on the legs.
Again in addendum we all have our crosses to carry and well how does one balance one on a golf cart....Honestly again thanks for the kindness and lets kill the thread and talk detecting....PS: CZ6A has been spoken for.......and going to a good home.....
April 04, 2012 05:20PM
Dan,
Sent you a PM about the GSII.

HH
Mike
April 09, 2012 10:20PM
HI Dan,
Just Sold my DFX and looking for something different. Heard great things about CZ6 how much would you like. I am looking at one on Ebay but it is not pretty. I like pretty. Let me know.

Bryanna
April 09, 2012 10:28PM
Sorry its enroute and will have a new good home in the near future.....yep you missed pretty for sure.....Dan