Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm waiting for MY XP Deus to be delivered. Bought it today,

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm waiting for MY XP Deus to be delivered. Bought it today,
April 05, 2012 02:33AM
As always, I am anxious to get the new detetcor and learn it. But what I Really want to know is how wll it performs in red dirt. My Test garden has some targets in it that the top of the line detectors wouldn't touch. We'll see what happens, Perhaps I have stumbled acoss a piece of art that is purely designed for red dirt. If not, one of y'all may not be paying top dollar for a slightly used XP Deus. (Not presently accepting offers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 03:03AM by Kevin B.
Re: I'm witing for MY XP Deus to be delivered. Bought it today,
April 05, 2012 02:36AM
Hope it works for you...
I'm sure you'll let us know.
Re: I'm witing for MY XP Deus to be delivered. Bought it today,
April 05, 2012 03:04AM
l will sure let inquiring minds know how it performs in Tennessee red dirt,.
Re: I'm waiting for MY XP Deus to be delivered. Bought it today,
April 05, 2012 03:26AM
I doubt that it will be much better than the other good detectors you're tried in your dirt. However, I would be interested in how the 4Khz mode works. Some folks have found that the Fisher 1280, due to its low frequency, works in Alabama red dirt better than most.

Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As always, I am anxious to get the new detetcor
> and learn it. But what I Really want to know is
> how wll it performs in red dirt. My Test garden
> has some targets in it that the top of the line
> detectors wouldn't touch. We'll see what
> happens, Perhaps I have stumbled acoss a piece of
> art that is purely designed for red dirt. If not,
> one of y'all may not be paying top dollar for a
> slightly used XP Deus. (Not presently accepting
> offers)
April 05, 2012 03:46AM
Looking forward to reading about your unvarnished field experiences Kevin. Work that puppy hard!!!
April 05, 2012 04:18AM
Way to go Kevin. Hope it works out for you my friend.
April 05, 2012 05:56AM
I call dibs on it first :-) And have a nice eTrac here with two coils (stock and small) that I would trade with cash :-)
April 05, 2012 06:45AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I call dibs on it first :-) And have a nice eTrac
> here with two coils (stock and small) that I would
> trade with cash :-)

Hey Daniel--he ain't even had it two weeks yet! ha ha----Nothing like putting your bid in first though--beats the Christmas rush, I'm jokin!--------Congrats on the Deus purchase Kevin, hope you like it.
April 05, 2012 12:15PM
I have test garden that it should shine in IF red dirt is not going to be an issue. Thanks for all the replies.
April 05, 2012 01:32PM
Seriously...good luck with it. Give us a good run down on it. I'm hoping it will be a machine to be the best of several different worlds...especially the freq shift feature, and the ability to work good in iron. We are about to stick a fork in our relic season here...so I will have all summer to stew over the info as it comes out about them, and maybe any other new machines that come along.

Numero-Uno for me right now...is chasing ole Tom Turkey around the woods. Hoping to get a love sick gobbler in scattergun range. Most all my relic sites could already use a cutting of hay.
April 05, 2012 06:22PM
Man, I got permission to hunt a yard that is within talking distance of the Cherry Mansion: Grant's headquarters just before the Shiloh battle. So Far? On beat up three ringer. I'm not finshed hunting it yet as I have been more or less cherry picking the hi signals in the 70;s and 80's for bullets and buttons. (AT Pro) I am thoroughly surprised at the lack of relics. I have been trying all summer with this woman who use to be a school teacher. I am really hoping to run across a tent location before I finish out her lot. Most of the isgnals are can slaw on top and tangled in the roots of the sod! But when I got that bullet signal, I knew that I had a good one from the way it BLEEPED!
April 05, 2012 11:16PM
Some iron info for the Deus.

[www.findmall.com]
April 06, 2012 12:35AM
Ray is a good hunter. I follow his threads over there. If he says that the Deus is something different believe him.
April 06, 2012 01:03PM
Hello Kevin I used to live a hour or two north of you in Kentucky, a little place called Aurora,then for awhile in Hardin , now back in Illinois.I did'nt detect then but there was red dirt there to, and a lot of i think it's called pig-iron? I have heard of Georgia dirt is hard to detect in also, how far would you have to drive east or west to get out of the red-dirt? HH rr7
April 07, 2012 03:05AM
I don't know how far one would have to drive to find good dirt to hunt in. Maybe across the Mississippi River, but that's just a wild guess off the cuff. Heck, I'm getting used to it. Most, if not all, the stuff I find is well within detection range. Even little 22 rifle casings and bullets. But I do know that there are good places that have about 3 inches of fill dirt on top that is making coins and/or relics too deep for me to hit. For some reason, around here, the first thing people do when they buy a piece of property is to haul in a dozer and a dump truck and screw everything up.
Back to the Deus. I am realistic enough to know that it probably will be about the same....depth-wise, in my dirt. It seems that the dirt around here levels the playing field of every detector that I have tried. Past a certain depth, EVERYTHING sounds like iron. I see videos of folks getting those real weak hi tones on deep silver dimes. Say, 10 inches. But here, you may or may not hear an iron grunt. May not hear anything. And I assume that there is only one kind of electromagnetic energy used in all detectors and my dirt will treat it all the same. But remember, what I just said was said by a newbie who very likely doesn't have a clue how this stuff really works. But it does instill confidence when I can run a detector thru my test garden and the majority of the targets get hit with at least some mid tone/hi tone sounds. And right now, my hot AT Pro has been leading the pack. I have sold the others to fund the Deus. And if it doesn't produce after a season of learning, then it will go to the selling block.....for cash. (I had the E-Trac experience last year. It would barely make a one way sound on an 8 inch silver quarter. At many different settings. But there is proff all over the Youtube that they reach deep for some folks. But MAN, I'd need a back brace to swing that thing around for any length of time.
April 07, 2012 05:06AM
The Omega you sold me is hitting an 8" Quarter every sweep now with the DD coil and in disc mode, red dirt ;-) And correctly IDing a silver dime and correct VDIs for a minie ball at 6 inches every sweep. It now air tests a minie at 13.5 inches and a eagle button at 12 inches....in disc mode with sens on 90 (can't run it any higher due to EMI noise). Interested to see how the Deus compares to that with similar frequency to the Omega and gain cut back 10%.

If similar results...then the Deus would have the upmost advantage for versatility for mid-high conductors...and then changing to upper frequency for low conductors and or cherry picking in iron sites.
April 07, 2012 05:18AM
Thanks for the post Kevin i watched Keith"s(thank's Keith) video today that Deus looks light and sparky,hope it works for you.HH
April 07, 2012 06:44AM
That is awesome performance compared to other detectors you've tested. I have an Omega on the way with both the concentric and the DD coil. Out of the three I have coming, it may be the one I keep.

Daniel Tn Wrote:
> The Omega you sold me is hitting an 8" Quarter
> every sweep now with the DD coil and in disc mode,
> red dirt ;-) And correctly IDing a silver dime
> and correct VDIs for a minie ball at 6 inches
> every sweep. It now air tests a minie at 13.5
> inches and a eagle button at 12 inches....in disc
> mode with sens on 90 (can't run it any higher due
> to EMI noise). Interested to see how the Deus
> compares to that with similar frequency to the
> Omega and gain cut back 10%.
>
> If similar results...then the Deus would have the
> upmost advantage for versatility for mid-high
> conductors...and then changing to upper frequency
> for low conductors and or cherry picking in iron
> sites.
April 07, 2012 12:20PM
I look forward to your results too. My concrete driveway is stained red from a session of yard work yesterday. Red clay is all around me.
April 07, 2012 05:18PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> The Omega you sold me is hitting an 8" Quarter
> every sweep now with the DD coil and in disc mode,
> red dirt ;-) And correctly IDing a silver dime
> and correct VDIs for a minie ball at 6 inches
> every sweep. It now air tests a minie at 13.5
> inches and a eagle button at 12 inches....in disc
> mode with sens on 90 (can't run it any higher due
> to EMI noise). Interested to see how the Deus
> compares to that with similar frequency to the
> Omega and gain cut back 10%.
>
> If similar results...then the Deus would have the
> upmost advantage for versatility for mid-high
> conductors...and then changing to upper frequency
> for low conductors and or cherry picking in iron
> sites.

I probably sold the best detector (for my dirt and purposes) that I had when I sold you that Omega. I just didn't think that changing from the concentric stock coil to a DD 11 inch coil would make that much difference. But I see now that it does. De pending on the outcome of your results, I can always sell the Deus (lol which hasn't even got here yet) and fund a new Omega and DD coil and STILL come out cash ahead!! But when my detector dealer emailed and said "Deus's are here!" I just went into "gathering funds quickly" mode. Now I'm having to cut some serious corners, financially speaking. But I'm still looking forward to my new toy. I wonder, sometimes, if I'll EVER be satisfied. My AT Pro is doing everything that I want a detector to do. It's reaching the bullets at the skirmish sites in the woods. It might not reach them if they were plowed under 12 inches, but in the woods, with minimal disturbance, the bullets and buttons just aren't that deep. I'd say 9 inches at the VERY most. I dug an Eagle I cuff button the other day that was so shallow that it triple blipped when I swang across it. You know, like a coin that is real close to a DD coil will do. I thought it was trash. Rang in at around 57. Nice button in perfiect condition with the shank standing proudly.
April 07, 2012 05:46PM
" I wonder, sometimes, if I'll EVER be satisfied."
We have all asked ourselves that question. I currrently have the E Trac and to be honest it is just wonderful to use. I clicked with it very quickly. My Deus arrives Monday as well. I sold my AT Pro to help fund it. A very good detector. And a fun detector. So it seems you are not alone. My wife thinks I'm nuts. But she didn't hear that iron chatter that I listened to on one of my hunts. I hope the Deus helps cut through it. Either way I'm done buying and selling for the year. I want to devote my time to learning the detector and finding new places to hunt. I said that before though. If I enjoy the Deus as much as I do the E Trac it will have been worth it.
April 08, 2012 03:55AM
I just went ahead and bookmarked my UPS Tracking page so that I can watch the Deus as it CRAWLS towards me. Reading posts about it and watching videos of it just makes it worse. I really do think that I have a detecting addiction. Or else, I'm addicted to buying and trying the latest detector. I have got a 58 cal Minie Ball buried at 10.5 inches just waiting for it. So far, nothing has reached it. Maybe the Deus will sound off on it. But even if it's depth is limited due to my red dirt, the Deus's unmasking quality deserves attention as well. And man, I have got a site that should be tailor made for it. Several actually.
April 10, 2012 04:56PM
XP Deus has been delivered and has been charging for a couple of hours. How long is this gonna take!? LOL I'm ready to hit the test garden and then my classic square nail site.
April 10, 2012 05:04PM
Kevin B Wrote:
> XP Deus has been delivered and has been charging
> for a couple of hours. How long is this gonna
> take!? LOL I'm ready to hit the test garden and
> then my classic square nail site.

When the coil is fully charged, the light will start to slowly flash and make sure the remote and headphones are also fully charged..LOL
April 10, 2012 05:26PM
Everything is charged and I took it out to my test garden where, after I groud balanced, it hit everything there. So far it has got my attention in a positive way. I am heading to one of my sites now and see if I missed anything. I'll be using one of the factory programs.
April 10, 2012 05:43PM
Kevin B Wrote:
> Everything is charged and I took it out to my test
> garden where, after I groud balanced, it hit
> everything there.

What coins do you have in your test garden and how deep?