Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found a few relics today with the AT Pro

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found a few relics today with the AT Pro
April 09, 2012 10:27PM
A detecting buddy and I went to some property that borders a major battleground today. Like all other bordering property, this place has been picked over for years and years. As soon as we cranked up our detectors this morning the action started. I ground balanced my machine (85) and started swinging. I hadn't gone 5 yards when I hit a signal that was among some iron signals. It hit around 55 to 58 but would jump to the seventies. I dug it up and it was the Eagle I coat button. The rest of the items came along as the day progressed. I'm tired! I walked along way today as we scouted the battlefield in case I get to go myself sometime. Found my first Civil War percussion cap today. Even though it's a small find, and probably common, I felt really good about it. It was a great day. I was grateful that my buddy took me to his site and gave me the go ahead to hunt there myself if I want.

Has any of you CW relic hunters ever seen a 69 roundball with a wide band on it like the one in the pic?
Re: Found a few relics today with the AT Pro
April 11, 2012 12:32AM
Okay guys. I know that I admitted to being an exaggerator on the mend the other day, but I really found these and am proud of them. It's not often that I get to go and hunt on a hayfield and woodlands that was also a battlefieild. It was private land owned by a farmer who is sympathetic to our cause. Many acres of heavily hunted acres but there;s still some goodies out there. The Deus will go back with me. And sometime soon I hope.
April 11, 2012 01:25AM
Very nice.
April 11, 2012 01:38AM
Congrats especially on the sweet buttons!
April 11, 2012 03:14AM
I've found many(15-20) .69 cal. round balls. never one that had a band on it like yours.