Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GOLD by Deus!

Posted by DrJoeprime 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GOLD by Deus!
April 11, 2012 07:28PM
I tested out my Deus on a handful of gold rings...from 2g to almost 9g. The 18K Hz is the best overall depth and tone response ...with the smaller rings showing VDI's of about 45 and the larger ones about hi 60's to low 70's.

Using a modified DRY SAND program I hit a Wopper Gold ring on the beach on Easter afternoon. Not terribly deep at about 5" but a really nice strong signal. I rechecked the VDI the next day and it was about 75. It's a university school (of accounting) ring from Sinaloa Mexico. It's 14K and my heaviest by far gold ring yet at 12.64g (..2nd place was 8.8g).

I'm thinking of setting up a GOLD RING program with high tones covering the 45 to 75 VDI range ...skipping 77 - 88 (cent range) medium tone for over 90 (dime and quarter and silver rings). Any opinions?

And..how it looks in my ring case:

HH Joe
Re: GOLD by Deus!
April 11, 2012 08:00PM
Wow nice bling...congrats!
April 11, 2012 08:21PM
Very nice find. I already have the Deus so you won't sway me with any answers, but I was wondering how the Deus performs on the beach. Did you hunt wet sand at all? I realize the coil communication problem in water, but I would like to know if hunt the towel line and maybe into the wet stuff.

I just did read Tom's beach report on the Deus. Like I said I already own one , and beach hunting was not ever my intent. I just like to know if I have contingencies for break downs and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 08:33PM by goodmore.
April 11, 2012 09:31PM
The WET SAND program is good. I generally have the GB down around 2 to 4. Therer is a lot of falsing but they are clearly falses and the REAL signals come out super evident. I don't go into the water at all and just do the wet sand. The Deus really shines (but is probably overkill) in the dry sand. I've dug some of the whisper signals down to 18"+ but they have never (yet) been anything good. It's really too exhausting for me to dig that deep repeatedly unless a certain percent are good stuff.

For wet sand and water I prefer the PI's that I have, Sand Shark my latest (I'm trying to love) as well as the older Surfmaster PI+ (which I am in love with).

Regards, Joe (California)
April 12, 2012 04:54AM
Dr. Joe.....see post
XP DEUS - Real World field-test
I have a request...thanks.
April 12, 2012 08:26PM
Awesome ring!
April 12, 2012 08:44PM
Congrats - Looks like about $400 worth of gold in that ring! [www.silverrecyclers.com]