Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus
April 13, 2012 05:07PM
It would be nice to hear more from the UK on what they are finding or have found out about some of the questions we are asking about on this forum...It is interesting that no machine is perfect but the V3i seems to have multy freq and a lot of ajustments so maybe in the right hands that machine can be tweaked to work better...but from what I have read the UK hunters like and use the Deus more.

So all we need is for Fisher to come out with their new machine for a grand or so and freq that can be seperate or run together and can unmask better is designed for our soils has boost and some new features that are not on the market and we can have our cake and eat it too...Is Nase Tom buying a Deus or is the F75 still is main machine and will be his main machine till he really trys something that he has to have??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Deus
April 13, 2012 05:40PM
Hey LowBoY,

From what I can gather in Europe, the V3i isn't that popular. The E-Trac is very popuar and so is the Omega. The Deus has really taken over a lot of E-Trac sales in the UK and XP detectors there are quite popular in general.

There are some forums in the UK, like Rogers Relics, but you have to be a member to read the messages (unless a google search might go around some of that.) It is really different hunting over there though. They mostly hunt plowed fields though some hunt pasture, which is close to hunting parks as far as the ground in concerned. They really like those small thin hammered coins. I have found a few but mostly they are battered looking and don't do much for me but to each his own.

Really looking forward to that new Fisher CZ. I'm planning on sticking with my E-Trac till then, unless my back can't handle it any more but that swingy thingy helps (though don't like strapping in in order to hunt!)

Regarding the V3i, I really wondered why the E-Trac and CZ's did well in iron mineralized ground but not the V3i. I came to the conclusion that the GB is super important with the V3i and even more than that I think the energy being used across 3 frequencies and not 2 affects it's ability in iron mineralized ground. The CZ has a regular ground balance as far as I know, so it can't just be the GB of the V3i that caused the results I saw, so I chalk it up to 2 frequencies and not 3... Hmmm, wonder if the DFX with 2 would be better?
April 13, 2012 06:53PM
It seems for as long as there has been detectors there have been questions on how to make them better. I know there are some old machines that do a great job and I know if you know your machine like the back of your hand it is hard to be out hunted...but our ground is changing a lot of the hard targets are masked or are near or with iron and after digging for a few hours the iron hits seem to be passed on in order to find some of the targets that hit better. I see that in iron a lot of guys pass it up if they are getting a grunt but is that maybe a deep target that can't ID?

And when you hit iron how do you know if it is worth digging or not. Don't tools come in as iron and you don't know what I have till I dig it...most of the time it is junk but there have been more then a few times where I have found some cool iron. So Iron does get in our way but it can be hiding a good target. The Deus from what I have read can see just a wisper of a good target and give you a hint that there may be more then one target in the hole. The G2 is a great detector for relic hunting. I like it was better then the omega and I have both and sold the V3 and the etrac. I am thinking fisher and tek will really spin our heads with a new machine and maybe make the ones that have waited say it was worth the wait. Of course they have to start on these machines a few years before they come out so what were they thinking about a few years ago. Coming off the great F75 and T2 and seeing what Minelab is doing with different freq what whites did and now the Deus were they thinking a few years ago how to take all these detectors and come up with a new idea that works...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

April 13, 2012 07:38PM
Lawrenzo wrote...Is Nase Tom buying a Deus or is the F75 still is main machine and will be his main machine till he really trys something that he has to have??

Not until the DEUS comes out with a smaller coil for the iron, for now comparing the two machines is a wash.
April 13, 2012 08:11PM
I recommend taking a look at this UK forum - this is the Deus section:
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
April 13, 2012 09:15PM
Looks like a good forum they are hard to find thanks...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 13, 2012 10:19PM
This is my favorite site in the UK. [rogers-relics-uk.com]

Roger is a great guy and has put out several DVD's on detectors and metal detecting.

There is a Golmaxx Power and Deus section, plus many others.

Tom in SC