Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out this Deus find!

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Check out this Deus find!
April 17, 2012 12:04AM
A Martingale!!!!

According to some othes, a Civil War relic. I am tickled!!!!
Re: Check out this Deus find!
April 17, 2012 12:14AM
So....you going to be selling the Deus soon?.......lol Fantastic findsmiling smiley
April 17, 2012 12:55AM
Good thing we talked you into keepin it....
CONGRATS!
April 17, 2012 01:07AM
I reckon I'll keep her a while longer, I guess. LOL
April 17, 2012 01:08AM
Somebody owes us a beer. Very nice. Every one I have seen on the net has the arrows in the other claw. But I did find this quote. Maybe this answers why.

These Eagle Martingale Heart were not issued by the military during the Civil War, but were privately purchased individually by the Officers. Martingales hearts were used to adorn the chest of a cavalry horse.

I saw some prices on these. You just might be close to paying for that detector if you find the right buyer. Yours is in just good enough shape to get attention.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 01:29AM by goodmore.
April 17, 2012 01:47AM
Yeah dude that's a Civil War treat. Have you ever dug a belt plate yet? Well if not, you just dug something a lot more rare than a belt or shoulder plate. Congrats! That is a very nice find.
April 17, 2012 01:56AM
Now how about the details....like depth ect.?
April 17, 2012 01:59AM
Wow, I am just coming to my senses. This find came out of the infamous bed of nails that I have mentioned so much on this forum!!!! There wer nails in the same hole as this Martingale. I kept them too, to use with my testing. Heck I didn't even know what I had!!! I just thought: It's agot an eagle on it. Must be something. I then went to the Huddle House and had the waffel platter. I am severely happy about my find. I shall pick up where I left off after my work is done tomorrow. Maybe life is ironic enough to have lightning strike in the same place twice. Who knows.
April 17, 2012 04:05AM
Pretty friggin cool bud!!!
April 17, 2012 06:03AM
Thats just super awesome Kevin!!!

I am awe struck to see such a find...

I know you are on cloud nine...I would be for a month after that...I have always wanted a martingale with an eagle...They are rare...You ought to be proud to be able to hold such a beautiful relic in your possesion...

I would stay on that site...Probably a spur laying around there somewhere...Most cavalry spot's I have ever hunted will have at least one spur...

Spur's are funny..they are weird shaped and they get in the ground 10 inches or more and they will sound like nothing especially around Iron...

Cavalry spot's are my favorite spot's to seek out...they have the best stuff...

Confederate Cavalry well that will keep you awake at night worrying about that..

But again I am happy for you to obtain such a artifact...

Keith
April 17, 2012 10:47AM
Kevin great find , thanks for posting.
April 17, 2012 12:38PM
BIG congrats Kevin. Looks loke you just paid for that Deus and it would be sacrilege to sell it now!
April 17, 2012 02:01PM
IT WOULD BE SACRILEDGE TO SELL THAT RELIC!

Get mounted and framed!
April 17, 2012 02:40PM
Oh, I keep my finds. I bought a whole box of glass fronted plaques at the onset of my addiction to this hobby. I am pretty sure that I was in Deus Fast but I very well could have been in my new 3 tone, Disc 0, program, My new program is a mutation of the +How to get more depth from your Deus" thread that started on another forum and that was also displayed here with a link to that program. I DID have it set at two tones but realized that if I am going to be relying on audio, I needed three tones to shorten the ranges so that I could identify better what I am hearing while not constantly looking at the faceplate.
So, in looking back to yesterday, I really think that I was in that program that I made/borrowed. But I switch between programs alot. As long as the program has a reactivity of two or three for good performance in nails, then that program is acceptable to me. All spoken like a newbie. Tell ya what, I will turn my unit on today after I tend to my mother, and whatever program pops up is the one that I was in. I MAY have even used Program number two (GMaxx?? power). Becuase it has a reactivity of 2 and gets sufficient depth in my infamous bed of nails.
In all fairness, I found this piece in a small spot of ground that I have only skimmed across with other detectors. It gave an initial reading in the 40's because I THINK that it was on edge. The plug fell to pieces when I dug it out so don't actually know it's orientation. I am sure that this drivel doesn't help anyone, but I wasn't being real mindful of programs because I was about to leave and go eat. I said to myself: if I find one decent relic of any sort, I will quit and go eat. I found this Martingale, saw the eagle on it, and declared it to be a good enough relic for me to call it quits for the day. I was tired. That was my third "old worn out site" for the day and I had dug alot of holes learning what each TDI reading meant. I DO know that I was in 12 khz frequency even though a couple of those factory programs presets to 18 khz. It's just been working better for me.
April 17, 2012 03:23PM
Stunning piece of history. And it ID'd in the 40's ..... due to iron in/at/around that target.