Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sad news

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sad news
April 25, 2012 01:19AM
Wally Swartz (Suncoast Wally) ................ one of our active forum members..... has died. Wally was a retired Marine, retired police, President of the SouthEast United States FMDAC, President of Suncoast Research and Recovery Club, the one whom produced the seminar 2-DVD set........... and a host of other things in his life. He was born in Chicago and died in St. Petersburg, FL. March 29, 1936 to April 14, 2012. His funeral was this past Saturday. What a spectacular human. Well beyond the norm. Wally was a very strong christian.

REALLY going to miss Wally!!!!
Re: Sad news
April 25, 2012 01:24AM
very sorry to hear that tom!!!! my prayers go out to his family members and close friends!! very good to hear that he was a strong christian!
chuck.
April 25, 2012 01:24AM
Wally was a real good guy. Last time we talked he was very up beat and optimistic.
Very sorry to here that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 01:31AM by Aaron.
April 25, 2012 01:25AM
This is sad to hear. Sympathy and prayer extended from me to Wally's family and friends.
April 25, 2012 01:34AM
I met Wally when I purchased the last set of DVD's. Now they mean even more to me. No doubt, he is swinging the perfect detector now. Tom, please give his family our best and thank them for sharing him with us.

Tom in SC
April 25, 2012 01:42AM
Oh my goodness, so sad. Thoughts and prayer to his family!
April 25, 2012 02:00AM
Prayers for his family and friends.
April 25, 2012 02:06AM
Rest in peace Wally. Thank you for all the things you have done to help our hobby.
April 25, 2012 02:12AM
Hate to hear this...Sounded like a nice gentleman...

Will keep Him and his family and friends in my Prayer's..

Keith
April 25, 2012 02:43AM
So sorry to hear that Tom.---He sounded like a fine gentleman.----My wife & I will hold up his family in prayer------------Del
April 25, 2012 03:13AM
Thanks, NASA-Tom, for sharing. So sorry to hear...Wally's family and friends will be in my prayers -- good to know he's "present with the Lord."

Steve
April 25, 2012 04:24AM
Sincerest condolances to Wally's family. The angels in Heaven were singing joyfully April 14th when Wally arrived!
April 25, 2012 04:44AM
When one walks streets of gold, where do you go to metal detect? Wally now knows. May the great Comforter bring peace and joy to his loved ones in their loss and his gain. The race is run and the wreath is won. Well done, Wally.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 25, 2012 06:45AM
I had some email correspondence with him back in 2010 to order Tom's DVD's and he was a nice guy. I actually forgot to do the ordering and he got back to me to remind me! Sorry to hear of him passing. All the best on your next venture Wally,

Albert
April 25, 2012 08:47AM
It was about 7 years ago when I met Wally. I was stationed in Wyoming and had a temmporary assignment to McDill for 3 months. Looking for something to do with my spare time, I contacted Wally and became a member of SRARC. Wally and the club took me in and made me feel like part of the family. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Wally you will surley be missed.

Tom
April 25, 2012 10:17AM
Shocked by the news, wasn't expecting that this morning. I'm very sorry to hear that.
April 25, 2012 11:25AM
Sounds like he was one of those people who really stood out and
made you take notice that you have met someone special.

At 61 I have only met 3 such people in my life.
Wish Wally would have been #4.

My deepest prayers are with his family & friends.
He has made the ultimate find. No need to hunt anymore.

God Bless.
April 25, 2012 04:46PM
Sad news
He'll be missed.
He is on anther great spin now
April 25, 2012 05:13PM
For sure
April 25, 2012 06:50PM
Riposa in pace - and condolances to his family !
April 25, 2012 11:11PM
You will be missed Wally but remembered in the hearts of many many people you helped. In Peace.
April 25, 2012 11:50PM
RIP...prayers are with him.
April 25, 2012 11:54PM
Sad news indeed. Sorry Tom.... friends are hard to come by seems i get fewer every year.

Dew
April 26, 2012 12:11AM
My blessings to his family and friends

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 26, 2012 01:08AM
Sorry for the loss Tom. It sounds like he paved the way on many roads of life. My best to his family and friends.
April 26, 2012 01:24AM
Sad for your loss. Eternally excellent that he was a Christian!
Wally was a super guy and will be missed. condolances to his family.
April 26, 2012 08:59PM
I've known wally for A long time, and a nicer guy hasnt been born yet. The detecting world will sorely miss him. May he rest in peace............
Re: Wally was a super guy and will be missed. condolances to his family.
April 27, 2012 03:16PM
Rest in peace Wally, strength for his family and friends to carry their pain.Never heard him complain or talk down to people. Bailed me out of a bad post or two I think he's found the greatast treasure ever found his Dearest friend Jesus

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 03:20PM by rapidroy7.
That's terrible news. I only knew him from the internet but he was truly an asset to this MB. He will be missed.