Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another "FIRSTS" today. Confederate Staff Officer button

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another "FIRSTS" today. Confederate Staff Officer button
April 28, 2012 02:50AM
Man, am I loving it. I forgot to charge my Deus last nite so I grabbed my AT Pro this evening. I spent all morning on a Husky zero turn mower cutting weeds down to where I could hunt a promising area that I obtained permission to hunt. I found a wheat penny and shortly after found this button!!! The old AT Pro has still got it!

Re: Another "FIRSTS" today. Confederate Staff Officer button
April 28, 2012 03:15AM
That's a cool button! Is the shank steel? Just wondering cause it looks like rust on there.
Congrats!
April 28, 2012 11:00AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a cool button! Is the shank steel? Just
> wondering cause it looks like rust on there.
> Congrats!

I am assuming that the loop shank was made of steel wire but not sure. I found the button amongst some nails and debris. Nut i would think that the shank part is steel from the pic. But the back is brass.
April 28, 2012 11:50AM
Nice Button. My first, and only, droop wing eagle had an iron shank and no backmark. Congrats!!!
April 28, 2012 11:59AM
Congrats Kevin! Curious - Did the AT Pro add an iron sound into that signal as Aaron mentioned it looks rusted. I don't have an AT Pro but have a Deus and find it interesting how iron often adds a rumble sound to objects attached to it.
April 28, 2012 12:40PM
If the shank side was down I dont think it would have mattered.
April 28, 2012 02:54PM
Thats a Nice Confederate local button Kevin....

I like the Local compared to the English manufactured blockade buttons myself...they are more crude and made here in the South....

Your's was made like that with the Iron shank .....Depressed channel in the back ........with no backmark I presume?

Those are the Product of a New Orleans firm C. Rouyer Probably....

Seem's like you are in nice spot .

Hope it yields you some more treasure's...

Keith
April 28, 2012 05:58PM
Thanks Keith, for the info on the button. The more I know, the better. I could not find any backmark. The AT Pro sounded off good on it. I don't remember the TDI. But I have a Eagle I (Union) buried at 7.5 inches. The AT Pro hit on it much better than my Deus. That why I am hunting this site with both detectors. The Deus just gives an iron sound over the button in my test garden unless I circle the button while swinging. I can eventually get the Deus to start sounding a high tone every once and a while. But mainly, an iron tone. The AT Pro gives a much better signal on the buried button. It gives mid tos bouncing to hi tones. Definitely enuff to stop me and make me dig. Like it did yesterday. Hope this answers some questions. The AT Pro still has it's strengths.
April 28, 2012 11:41PM
Yes the AT-PRO is a very strong machine for sure....

What setting do you have the DEUS on to get the button to read iron?

Yes the blank back on the button with that wide flat area around the shank is the type Rouyer made in New Orlean's..

Keith