Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3x18 big foot coil,

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
3x18 big foot coil,
April 29, 2012 02:36PM
Hi all, I see these coils going for a high price, so i had to have one. Do these coils need to be moved fast? I have one for for Whites 6.59 detectors, that fit XLT, QXT, Classic, i am useing it on my Eagle II sl,and it seams to do a good job. Is it just to cover more ground, or will it go deeper than a 12" DD ? It looks funny out on the end of your rod, but it will cover alot of ground. Thanks for any help. Flintstone
Re: 3x18 big foot coil,
April 29, 2012 03:07PM
It acts like a windshield wiper and made for coverage and is a medium depth coil....Matter of fact banned at many planted hunts and many moons ago was probably one of the first to use one at a planted hunt and did very well..XLT has a facet when used in pinpoint half of coil goes dead making it easier to pinpoint....Basically pinpoint it like a double D and with practice you can pinpoint dead on.....Haven't used one in years but it sure covered a lot of ground fast....Pricey new and pricey used as don't believe Jimmy Sierra makes your type anymore...They made 3 one for early whites, one for newer whites and one where you could use on either by switching contact on coil....
Don't remember how they were marked but Sierra Industries can tell you and don't confuse with one that is made for the MXT, DFX which has a different frequency...
April 29, 2012 08:13PM
A moderate swing speed will suffice and no depth demon but sure covers a lot of ground quickly..

When I say old whites talking about the units that originally came withan 8 inch coil not the large coil...if your thinking of buying one contact Jimmy Sierra and he can tell you exactly how to tell which type it will fit by the designation number on it...The dual one that I had may have been a prototype of sorts as never heard of anyone else owning one...
In other words know which one you are buying lest you buy the wrong one....
April 30, 2012 04:33PM
I love these coils. I wish I could get one for all of my detectors. Right now I only have one for my Tesoro. I'm waiting hoping that a aftermarket coil comes out in this size for the AT Pro. And I'm hoping BIGDAWG coils makes one for the F5/Tek series.

Like Dan said, they don't go deep, maybe 6" on a good day, but they sure can cover the ground.

HH
Mike
May 01, 2012 03:28AM
Thanks guys, I have one, that i have been useing on my Eagle II SL, seams to work ok, air test about 5or 6". Going to take it to the foot ball side lines and go around it to see what if ant thing i missed. Thanks Flintstone
May 01, 2012 04:26AM
Any of those really big coils out there and made for the CZ series?

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
May 01, 2012 12:35PM
Sorry no bigfoot type units out there for CZ series to the best of my knowledge...