Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

COIL INFO FROM FISHER

Posted by fishinmike 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
COIL INFO FROM FISHER
March 05, 2009 02:21AM
My F70 is at Fisher Labs for repairs and I told them I was interested in getting an F75 11" DD coil for it, they called me yesterday to say the repairs were done and ask if I wanted the DD coil, they said my machine would need to be calibrated for that coil, they say for that coil to work properly the F70 needs to be re-calibrated, I was under the impression it was compatible with the F70,so I decided to wait on getting it. If they calibrate my machine for the DD coil does it need to be done again for the stock coil?
Re: COIL INFO FROM FISHER
March 05, 2009 03:56AM
interesting let us know what happens

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 05, 2009 08:31AM
Mine seems to work fine...please let us know if there is a need for re-calibration. (although I can't imagine this detector working much better than it already does).
Re: COIL INFO FROM FISHER/ UPDATE
March 05, 2009 10:05PM
Called Fisher today and Felix had me talk with Danial, he is one of their techs. He said that the F70 does NOT need to be adjusted for the DD coil, he was not sure why that note was put on my machine and said he would talk with everyone there to make sure they are on the same page. He said the F70 and F75 could use any of the 4 coils available. I am now going to order the 11" dd coil! I also want to thank Fisher repair lab,they do a good.
Re: COIL INFO FROM FISHER/ UPDATE
March 07, 2009 03:55PM
On F70 ID is nearly 'spot-on' whilst switching between stock 9-3/4" stock elliptical vs. the 7"x11" DD.
March 10, 2009 06:11AM
It is my understanding that the difference between a DD coil and a regular elliptical coil is that the DD is like two donuts side by side and the elliptical coil is like a small donut inside a bigger donut.
Of course that is a exaggeration. But reasonably close. When you start talking coils and resonant frequencies then I could see some tuning if the frequencies were different between a F70 and F75. They are both 13Khz based on the spec sheets I have seen. So they should be fine.
March 10, 2009 11:20AM
On the f75 it is a DD and the small coil, the small coil is consentric and it will work on bough, I don't see why the f70 will not do the same.
March 10, 2009 10:35PM
Wingnut, your coil description is correct.
--- And all F70 & F75 coils are interchangable.