Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found a new Spot today at the head of a spring...Got a handfull of Civil War Bullet's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mostly .58 three ringer's....Did get one .52 Smith carbine bullet....and a chewed bullet...some call them pain bullet's...this one might be a medicine bullet teeth marks seem a little big for a Squirrel and it's mashed prety dang hard...Someone might of been in alot of pain...

DEUS was digging some at 11 inches deep!

Keith
Right on bud!
Lotta nice lead there Keith!
Good Job!!
7Congratulations Keith!!!! That is a great strategy!!! The "head of the spring" should be a great spot since water was needed. That is an awesome pocketful of Civil War bullets. Great job with the Deus.
Great finds Keith--from such a sad time in our countrys history.
Keith....great job of detecting....another 'pain' bullet fot the collection. Those things fascinate me. Must be my medical background....lol
I think most of the pain bullets are actually rodent or hog teeth marks. Or more commonly, just found in a gravel roadbed. They find a lot of the "pain bullets" around Civil War hospital sites, and the common thing people relate it to, is the "bite the bullet" thing seen in western movies. More often than not...if the site was indeed an after battle hospital site...it was due to amputations of the arms and legs, that were often discarded not far from the house/hospital site. Hogs would feed on the arms and legs and bullets were just part of what got chewed up.

Nice lead BTW...I got out for a few hrs myself but only got 6 bullets and a nice sunburn.
Very impressive results with your DEUS...