Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I hip mounted the CZ-3D

Posted by pulltabMiner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I hip mounted the CZ-3D
May 21, 2012 02:18PM
I was afraid that the cord would be on my way but it wasn't at all. It was such a joy to swing the CZ-3D with hardly any weight on it. The only thing that I had to change was the manner in which I dug my targets. I had to get down on both knees for more comfort during the dig.

I was rewarded with 4 nickels, one of them a dateless Buffalo and a 1944D Mercury dime. Also, I turned down the sensitivity to around 4.2 and I had a noticeable drop on false high tones from nails.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
Re: I hip mounted the CZ-3D
May 21, 2012 05:02PM
Run some coil wire slack under your belt lest you jerk the coil and damage a coil wire solder joint or two causing problems...Indeed a different ball game hipmounting and don't try it in the woods as coil wire will snag constantly....they made a chest mount for the digital CZ's don't know if one available for analogs such as the CZ3D unless its a off brand...The hipmount bag for the older sov's work well for hipmounting to make them more weather resistant...if hunting perhaps a salt water beach or if a rainstorm comes up..
May 21, 2012 09:21PM
A pleasure to use when hip mounted. 3D use gave me tennis elbow due to weight.
May 22, 2012 01:31AM
I use the Fisher chest harness on my CZ-3D. The park I have been hunting lately is huge and my 10 1/2" coil and Sunray FZ-12 are getting used most of the time there.
The chest harness makes using the big loops a treat for this old guy.
May 22, 2012 10:24AM
I have my CZ's in an adapted tool belt pouch . Small hole in the bottom allows cord to come in & I have a loop of slack to avoid damage by jerking the cord. I can carry my finds, spare batteries , etc., in another large pouch that is on it.