Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

hori hori digging tool...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
hori hori digging tool...
May 21, 2012 05:04PM
Anyone use one...pro's....con's....how long are they.....
Re: hori hori digging tool...
May 21, 2012 05:09PM
Never heard of it Dan.
May 21, 2012 05:13PM
Look like a treasure wise but with a wood handle. My only concern is the one I saw had no hand guard, flare out, or whatever you call it between the handle and blade. It also had some mean looking serrations so I would be afraid of my hand slipping and getting cut.
May 21, 2012 06:20PM
Is this it? [www.amazon.com]

Not sure on the quality but I would just say be very careful and make sure to where gloves, because when you don't have a lot of "lip" on the edges, it is easy for your hand to slide down. I had a similar Knife and it was fine but I was very cognisant of the danger. I did slip once but dropped my grip before contact with the blade!

Albert
May 21, 2012 07:49PM
I've been thinking for a long time about the FISKERS folding shovel, kinda expensive though
May 21, 2012 08:09PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been thinking for a long time about the
> FISKERS folding shovel, kinda expensive though

I have one Aaron. Excellent and relatively light, well built. Much better than those army surplus ones.

I'll tell you though, if you don't need the folding aspect, just get a shorter shovel with a narrower blade, as they go into the ground better.
May 21, 2012 11:40PM
I looked closely into this Hori/Hori tool...my opinion...it will never be able to take the stresses that a Lesche/Predator digger can.
May 22, 2012 12:04AM
No way would I use..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 22, 2012 01:53AM
Actually looks something like my original 3 in 1 knife...Heck its 20 years old as about 1/2 inch shorter from sharpening...From looking at it appears to be more of a garden tool
and imagine it would snap like the remake of the 3 in 1 knife with the red or blue handle...Some good input guys and indeed Lesche is the way to go....
May 22, 2012 10:05AM
check out the truetemper products from lowes. i use one and those things are root eatting machines