Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHAT HAAPPENED TO TESORO & THEIR nEW mACHINE

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHAT HAAPPENED TO TESORO & THEIR nEW mACHINE
May 21, 2012 06:24PM
Wow that was short lived...they have been a company that took a long time to come out with a new machine and you don't read much if any on the new machine...Did they lose out by waiting so long and only have a small segment that buys their detectors...With some of the new stuff that hit the market and all that is posted you would think that Tesoro would have tried to come out with something very new and a bit different maybe hook some of us but for me I am still waiting to see what Fisher and Tek are coming out with...Are we at the point that we can't make a giant leep forward. I know we have moved forward but I still have not heard anyone that has found the newest detector that blows the others away...Deus and Minelab have gotten some good press and interest in their new machines that are offered in the States...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: WHAT HAAPPENED TO TESORO & THEIR nEW mACHINE
May 21, 2012 07:47PM
Tesoro I believe was never known for being cutting edge though they do make good products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 09:26PM by Aaron.
May 21, 2012 09:19PM
I understand the Outlaw to have better depth and sens. than other machines they have produced with same features.
May 21, 2012 09:54PM
I still see no info about the Outlaw on their website even though you can pre-order it on K.co.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
May 21, 2012 11:32PM
This release was rushed because of a leak of information. It started off horrible and just turned into a nasty shouting match in the forums. Threads have been deleted. The Tesoro people themselves have been on the forums trying to clean up the mess. And in the end nobody actually knows if this new detector is a winner or not. They also had the misfortune of following the Minelab release of the detector to end all future detectors. Personally I have never owned a Tesoro. But they seem to make good enough detectors to have a loyal following. If I had to make a personal guess I would say Tesoro is having a tough time in these bad economic times. I hope they hang in there.
May 21, 2012 11:36PM
The Tesoro Tejon is a killer relic machine. It is their best unit.

Tom in SC
May 22, 2012 06:56AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This release was rushed because of a leak of
> information. It started off horrible and just
> turned into a nasty shouting match in the forums.
> Threads have been deleted. The Tesoro people
> themselves have been on the forums trying to clean
> up the mess. And in the end nobody actually knows
> if this new detector is a winner or not. They also
> had the misfortune of following the Minelab
> release of the detector to end all future
> detectors. Personally I have never owned a Tesoro.
> But they seem to make good enough detectors to
> have a loyal following. If I had to make a
> personal guess I would say Tesoro is having a
> tough time in these bad economic times. I hope
> they hang in there.

yess! unfortunately i sense this to be true too!
they have not introduced a true new detector for years now.
hope they can overcome the difficulties,and forge ahead.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 22, 2012 11:44AM
Light weight, does well in competition hunts, and has really good depth for relics.... but they may be loosing a fan base.

Dew
May 22, 2012 12:26PM
Good solid detectors with tech from the 80's and great prices. Can't they make a detector that uses a DD coil?
May 22, 2012 01:16PM
Having used at least a Doz. Tesoro models over the years they build quality units at affordable prices and service after the sale is second to none.

I will say they do like gold jewelry have audio variances not found in even the big buck units without all the bells and whistles and sort of March to the beat of their own drummer creating their own fan base.
May 23, 2012 02:25AM
Tesoro builds very solid, very usable, well made, user friendly, reliable, metal finding hawgs,,,,, they always have stood behind they're MD with a LIFETIME warranty,,,,,, they never have been interested in the bling and bells,,,, just solid affordable working machines,,,,, for allot of us that's all we want,,,, good quality and service,,,,,,, that is what you get with Tesoro,,,,, want/need more,,,,,, shop somewhere else,,,,, it's that simple,,,,,, it's a mom and pop company not a wally world,,,, JMHO
May 23, 2012 03:34AM
wurthless Wrote:
> Tesoro builds very solid, very usable, well made,
> user friendly, reliable, metal finding hawgs,,,,,
> they always have stood behind they're MD with a
> LIFETIME warranty,,,,,, they never have been
> interested in the bling and bells,,,, just solid
> affordable working machines,,,,, for allot of us
> that's all we want,,,, good quality and
> service,,,,,,, that is what you get with
> Tesoro,,,,, want/need more,,,,,, shop somewhere
> else,,,,, it's that simple,,,,,, it's a mom and
> pop company not a wally world,,,, JMHO

well said! they are NOT interested in what the other guy is doing!
they do it their way,and make "crackerjack" detectors! outrageous service,
and the warranty speaks for itself!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 23, 2012 08:07AM
My first detector was the Lobo ST. Found nuggets with it here in Alaska, and silver hammered coins and relics in England. A quality machine that I still use for nugget hunting. Equiped with a 10" elliptical DD. Also own the Vaquero which has netted me some nice Mercs and a silver Denarius. Had a Tejon and Cibola, but prefer the Vaquero. Tesoro has a plethora of coils to choose from and a language all of thier own. Thier customer service in my experiance has always been top notch.
May 23, 2012 02:47PM
everyone loves Tesoro machines , good quality inside and sturdy .they just seemed to have dropped the baton on R&D over the last ten years .they need a few gizmos to give them a kick .wirless headphones would be a major selling point IMO.
May 23, 2012 04:40PM
Like an good made ole hand saw. Good steel, stays sharp, cuts great, teeth stay set, you can even play a tune or two with them. Will always be in the tool box,... takes more effort to cut with one and it's only used occasionally when a power saw won't do.
I'd like to see Tesoro come out and surprise us with a unit that will drop jaws, that'd be cool.
May 23, 2012 08:14PM
Tesoro builds good quality detectors to meet the needs of a LOT of people at a low price point .......They never build all the features into one detecotor though .......SMART MOVE on their part !!....... This leaves Tesoro owners to buy more than one Tesoro !! .......Just about anyone who has a Tesoro , has more than one Tesoro !!......Lifetme Guarantee is GREAT , but they are so simple , what can really break ? ....... I have my brothers Silver Umax, and wouldn't think twice about buying a Vaquero or a Cibola and modding it ...... KISS !!.....Throw it behind the seat of your car, or strap it to your motorcycle , and leave it there till you stumble on a new spot that looks good, and have at it !!..... Jim
May 24, 2012 01:49AM
diggers Wrote:
> everyone loves Tesoro machines , good quality
> inside and sturdy .they just seemed to have
> dropped the baton on R&D over the last ten years
> .they need a few gizmos to give them a kick
> .wirless headphones would be a major selling point
> IMO.

wireless? naaaah! not buyin' it! they need more than that!
"tonal id" on their "hot" detectors might give 'em the kick in the
a** they need!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 24, 2012 01:52AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Like an good made ole hand saw. Good steel, stays
> sharp, cuts great, teeth stay set, you can even
> play a tune or two with them. Will always be in
> the tool box,... takes more effort to cut with one
> and it's only used occasionally when a power saw
> won't do.
> I'd like to see Tesoro come out and surprise us
> with a unit that will drop jaws, that'd be cool.

i believe they got some fight left in 'em! proud company!
wonderful product!

(h.h.!)
j.t.