Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is your price limit??????????????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What is your price limit??????????????
May 24, 2012 12:50AM
As long as people keep paying ridiculous prices, they will keep making units that are priced through the roof. I think they are surpassing the limit with current technology... they need to come up with something different that actually works exceptionally well IMO to justify $2K.
May 24, 2012 12:41PM
It's all just money smiling smiley Can't take it with you when you go. Might as well spend it while you're here on something you enjoy doing. Some buy $40,000 bass boats. Some have thousands invested in RC airplanes or cars. I have a buddy that races drag cars on the weekends...he put $14,000 in his new motor over the winter and spends about $500 a race weekend, in hauling the car to the tracks, paying entree fees, then equipment costs and upkeep. He wins some and more often than not, goes home empty handed with a loss...but it's something he likes doing. I have the misfortune of having several hobbies....none of which are cheap. I'm into competition archery and have 4 bows right now, each one set for different classes of shooting...and each one having its own totally different setup. I could buy a Deus and CTX for what I have in my bows and equipment to work on them. But it's something my wife and I enjoy doing together and we do win a little $$ here and there in it. I never liked football or any other sports....hunting/fishing and archery were and are more of my speed...and digging is probably the least of my hobbies. I have less invested in it than I do the others.

A preacher friend of mine use to work at a funeral home as a funeral director. He tells a joke every once in a while about this old wealthy man had died and his last request was that ALL of his money be buried with him in his casket. The old man didn't have any family left and lived as a hermit and hated everybody and everything. So the funeral director granted his last request....and just prior to lowering him into the ground, they opened the casket, took all the money out, and wrote a check and put it in there with him.
May 24, 2012 11:18PM
reminds me of more than a few people i know!
so sad,and a "warning" to all of us to treat each
other with a measure of dignity each and every
passing day.

"for what does it profit a man,if he shall gain the whole
world ,and lose his own soul?" mark:

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 26, 2012 07:08AM
1000 euros is the top for me.
May 26, 2012 11:26AM
Great story Daniel, thanks for sharing!

"store up treasures in heaven where neither moth or rust consume..." - Mattew 6:19