Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP GMP Vs XP DEUS

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP GMP Vs XP DEUS
June 06, 2012 02:33AM
After using the DEUS for awhile now I can say that the DEUS is a fine machine with lots of fine tunability BUT the GMP Program on the DEUS is not quite up to the standalone XP GMP unit...

They are very close but the GMP has a little extra umph to it in depth and in unmasking...And I believe it comes form the coil being tuned for exact freq.. not manipulated for the freq...Its not alot but its noticable..Or it could be the 12 volt Vs the 3.7 volt's? ?????????????I still think the DEUS coil is centered on 12Khz and switched from there..I may be wrong but the 12khz seems to flow better..

Now you say we cant get GMP here in the states...

Well I think that might change very shortly....The reason they cant sell the wired big box versions in the states is becasue of the Wireless headphone transmitter in the boxes being non FCC compliant...the DEUS is FCC compliant...

I see they are having limited time sales out the wired XP's over seas ...Why?

I have heard that the wired models will become wireless model's...

The GMP will probably become a wireless version locked into 18Khz...And I hope it will be better tuned than the DEUS on 18Khz...As the GMP standalone is now a little better tuned...

Something for us to consider...

The standalone GMP will be the supreme Unmasker as it is now in the XP line...I hope anyway's...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 02:56AM by Keith Southern.
Re: XP GMP Vs XP DEUS
June 06, 2012 05:33AM
Maybe with a software update they can tweek the Deus????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 06, 2012 11:48AM
Keith, , , , , this is congruent with my findings.
June 06, 2012 02:56PM
UK users generally agree that the GMP has a tad more power than the deus GM equivalent prog
June 07, 2012 05:24PM
I have verified this with:

Air-test
Test garden
Real world
April 15, 2014 12:23AM
Do you two guys test about every unit on Earth?
April 15, 2014 12:26AM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you two guys test about every unit on Earth?

LoL

is Mark "new"!?
April 15, 2014 12:28AM
How do you guys get a hold on a machine that is not sold in the states?
April 15, 2014 02:10AM
Keith or Tom, what are we talking about here in terms of depth and target separation,1/2",1",?. As far as masking ,Keith or Tom , how was this determined?

Thanks you,

El
April 15, 2014 02:43AM
Head-to-Head.......... real-world measured results.
1) Hunting behind DEUS
2) Hunting behind GMP
((( and back-and-forth between the units for aggregate averaging measurement )))
Comparing exact/specific targets and signals between the two.

Yes...... I tested via test-garden; yet, more accurate resultant was found in real-world.
April 15, 2014 03:35AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Head-to-Head.......... real-world measured
> results.
> 1) Hunting behind DEUS
> 2) Hunting behind GMP
> ((( and back-and-forth between the units for
> aggregate averaging measurement )))
> Comparing exact/specific targets and signals
> between the two.
>
>
> Yes...... I tested via test-garden; yet, more
> accurate resultant was found in real-world.

I can validate this as he used my DEUS! : )

Aaron
April 15, 2014 03:34PM
Not new, just missed that one
April 16, 2014 12:17AM
I agree the GMP is superior to the GMP program in the Deus. If this is the program you are using to get the most out of the Deus your not going to get it. There is much better ways to set up the Deus, 12 kHz is better than the 18 kHz on V2. This issue is much less obvious in V3.2. I would love to know you guys opinion of the Deus since the recent updates.
April 16, 2014 12:54AM
Let me preface this post with this statement: I DO NOT have anywhere NEAR the experience that Keith S. or NasaTom has. Not even CLOSE!!!! But in my test garden, my XP Deus, in the second mode (GM Power) with the ground balance properly adjusted, would hit civil war bullets that the GMP had trouble acquiring. I owned the XP Deus earlier than I owned the GoldmaxPower. So I didn't have the chance for a side by side. But here in my West Tennessee Dirt, the Deus was deeper. Now, when I was trying the GMP I adjusted every parameter....and then tried it. Silencer on 0. 1, and 2. Sensitivity maxed out (no EMI trouble).
Now there could have been MANY variables that caused this. I was actually expectinng the GMP to be a bit more deep, having read the findings. So I was biased in it's direction. This was my experience.
In NO WAY does this mean that I think that my findings where contradictory to NasaTom's and Keith's. There IS an explanation. I have since sold both units. So it's a moot point now. But I thought that I would bring up. NOT TO STIR THE POT. I have better things to do with my time than to be contrary. Besides, I like, very much, both both of these gentlemen. And if I was going to purchase either unit, I would take THEIR word.......even over my own.......even after experiencing what I saw.
My XP Deus (I have owned three,.......yes....I am OCD......VERY OCD) has sent many a visitor away humbled. One case in point: A guy brought by his brand new Whites MXT (?) Pro. Not sure what coil was on it. It was round and looked to be about 11 or 12 inches. That unit couldn't hit my 8 inch bullet. My XP Deus was sounding off (but with no numbers) on my 12 inch bullet. (Ground was damp).
I really don't know why I responded. I ain't trying to start a pi$$ing contest. Not at all. I'm just bored and want to talk I guess.
Right now (off subject) my Teknetics G2 is sufficing as a good ole utilitarian unit. I need me a 13" Ulitmate coil for that sucker. And a 5x10. I need the money to buy those coils. lol Anyway.............Happy Detecting!!!!!!!!!!
April 16, 2014 01:11AM
It very well could be deeper Kevin..

My main thing about the Goldmaxx power is the unmasking in iron..

I think the GMP in iron on 18khz is better than the DEUS on 18khz ...

I knkow theres more to the DEUS than that one program...But I use the machine to unmask to find the lowest fo conductors in nail beds the high freq is what I want...

I actually found the 4khz on the DEUS to be insanely deep in my dirt on silver...but then I had some serious problems with digging deep iron to..I could never tell them apart....I have a quarter burried out in the wodds in a spot at 16 inches the DEUS on 4khz is the only machine to hit it in disc mode...

But im not sure the DEUS is supposed to be run on 4khz with the 9 inch coil??

Keith
April 16, 2014 07:30PM
Hello Keith,

Although new to both the GMP and Deus, The Deus can be setup equal or a tad better than the GMP.

I found this out when I was comparing the GMP vs. the Deus GMP preset program, Made a couple of changes on the preset Deus GMP program and it did have slightly better separation with the same square nail nickel test you used with the GMP and T-2. I believe in time XP will reprogram the Deus GMP preset program with an upgrade so the Deus GMP preset will better match the standard GMP, My take of course but for now one only needs to make a couple of changes and resave the program if they like.

The GMP is an outstanding machine and so glad to have one, Same goes with the Deus another XP winner but if it came down to the two would choose the Deus. The Deus has so much to offer so many different ways to tweak for different types of hunting, Keep kicking myself for not getting on the XP wagon years ago.

Paul (Ca)
April 16, 2014 07:31PM
Wish someone would send me one of those machines to see how it does in bad ground. Especially in the coal waste areas.
April 16, 2014 08:56PM
Hey paul good info!!

I have never used the 3.? whatever it is now .And yes there veryw ell could be a better unit in the field..

When i had the 2.0 I could aslo get ti to do better on the nail Vs Nickle against the GMP unit..

Especailly by staying on the 18khz and adjsutingt he reactivity to 3 and above..

yet inthe field the problmes arose...above 3 the depth drops off and the audio becomes TOO fast if that makes sense...a spit froma nail fasle is about the same as a legitimate hit from a good target..what i eman its so fast theres no more nuance...

I found above 3 to work mainly on exposed iron debris...not at depth..

Keith
April 17, 2014 05:00PM
Hello Keith,

A couple of settings to help the Deus operate in the preset GMP program more like a GMP is to lower the Deus GMP program preset Silencer from 2 down to -1 and Discrimination from 6.8 down to 5, These two changes will enhance the Deus GMP preset to operate more like the GMP and of course increasing Reactive up to 3 if one likes but running with preset 2 is ok.

Noticed this right away iron discrimination is set too high with the Deus GMP preset, Dropping disc down to 5 creates that window between 5 & 6.8 allowing good conductive signals to be more crisp when iron falls within this range. What this does is create the larger pieces of iron signals that fall between disc 5 & 6 to sound like a good conductive signal and so does the GMP but with the Deus it will ID as 5 or 6 and most likely it will be iron. The GMP allows iron to bleed through which is what takes to get masked signals, So one has to set the Deus up with same like settings iron needs to bleed through to get masked targets.

The Deus GMP Preset Silencer of 2 is too high dropping it down to a -1 brings it more in line with the GMP, Others may see different results but for me on my turf these work well have to hear the iron to get those masked targets.

So much to learn with the Deus and GMP, Still a lost pup believe me but enjoying every bit of the XP series smiling smiley

Take care Keith smiling smiley
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 05:01PM by Old California.
April 17, 2014 05:27PM
Sooooo how does one ensure both those machines are tuned properly?

Dew
April 17, 2014 06:05PM
i found these videos very informative..

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 06:06PM by liaso.