Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wet salt sand hunting

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wet salt sand hunting
April 06, 2009 02:37PM
Tom, what are the best machines that you've used to hunt in the wet salt sand at the beach and why?
Re: Wet salt sand hunting
April 07, 2009 01:36AM
I have one critical criteria; How well will a specified detector detect a very small womans gold engagement ring that is buried in the wet salt sand (air-tests do NOT count). So far...... other than PI units, the original CZ-20 and Explorer are tops....... followed by the Minelab Excal/Sov.
When I get to the beach
April 08, 2009 12:21AM
When I get to the beach I'm going to tie a mono fishing line to a small gold ladies ring and bury is at different depths in both the dry and wet salt sand and see how my F75 does with different settings. Hey, by September, someone (hint Tom)might figure out the best settings to beach hunt with the F75.
Tom I noticed you said "the original CZ-20"
April 09, 2009 12:06PM
Can I take from that the CZ-21 is not equivalent??

Tom Z
Re: Tom I noticed you said "the original CZ-20"
April 10, 2009 11:54AM
It "should" be..... but I have 'concerns'.
March 08, 2010 10:31PM
Trying to read through the many pages at this forum. Hate to dig up an old topic like this, but it is relevant as it pertains exactly to the type of hunting I want to do.

Tom, I have read that the CZ-20 is basically a water-proof CZ that is locked in Salt mode. Is that a fair statement? My real question, should my CZ-6A (in salt mode) be able to detect a small gold engagement ring in wet salt sand? Or is there something about the CZ-20 that makes it more suited for this type of hunting?
March 09, 2010 01:19AM
When ANY of the CZ-series units are placed in the 'salt' mode (some are locked in that mode).....they all perform identical. No difference between CZ-6a in 'salt' mode.....as compared to CZ-20.....coil-for-coil.....as long as both units are performing per design.