Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Saturday Hunt at Henry River Mill

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Saturday Hunt at Henry River Mill
July 16, 2012 11:48PM
Took a road trip and hit a area that was a Mill Village from the early 1900's. Tons of trash and hunted hard by others. 52D Rosie (50th for year), D Evans Great Seal Coat Button with loop still on back. Havent been able to determine if WWI or WWII. Bison is a vintage padlock and found some on ebay but no history of company that made them or when made. The silver object has globe 360 and the UL symbol. Then there is the copper V8 Gas Cap. It least I think it is. Ford used that version of V8 in the center in 20's and 30's from what I can find. The side view shows a tab that goes through the metal below. There are four tabs to hold it there. The wings I guesss were used to take it off. My best guess but hoping someone could shed some light on it. The spoon is from a 44' pattern from Easterling and sizes up to what they call a Sugar Spoon. 35.4 grams. Site had rain the day before and alot of it so diging was not bad. The owner didnt allow a shovel to be used so I was pretty lucky it had rained. I dug every coin signal including 19 Lincolns 1Dime and quarter all clad. I only had this one shot at hunting this location so I stuck with the Safari w/11" Pro coil. A great site for a fun hunt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 11:49PM by ShovelNose.
Re: Saturday Hunt at Henry River Mill
July 17, 2012 03:36AM
Cool relics,kind of stuff I like to dig.
July 17, 2012 03:48AM
A lot of great finds there....that site doesn't look like it was hit that hard
Congrats!
July 17, 2012 11:38AM
Guess I was hoping for more Silver. Very poor people but alot of gambling there.