Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I would like to thank Tom for making this site available for us

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I would like to thank Tom for making this site available for us
October 19, 2012 12:16AM
To talk freely amongst each other without any overly abundant restriction's being in place..Except that you tell what you believe to be the truth...

I enjoy coming in everyday if I can for reading and fellowship....Even answering a question or two when asked, and being able to learn....

Also would like to thank the site administrator .. I know it's no easy Task...and something that is completely alien to me....You get my admiration...

Keith
Re: I would like to thank Tom for making this site available for us
October 19, 2012 01:36AM
Yeah, me too!

THANKS TOM!

Also thanks to you too Keith, our resident historical artifacts expert!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 01:38AM by Aaron.
October 19, 2012 01:51AM
Very addicting site feel, like i"am missing something if i dont visit, thanks to Tom & Wally & ALL who post or help with forum!!
October 19, 2012 02:08AM
I second that!
Mal
October 19, 2012 05:46AM
Ditto,,,, addictive
October 19, 2012 08:17AM
There is quite an array of diversity on this forum...... that ALL can learn from. Although I may be conservative in my opinions/views........... I must say that I 'bite my tongue' plenty of times with some of the posts................... but.................. yet................... is that not what this 1st Amendment 'Freedom Forum' is based upon. And the natural progression self-policing on this forum is superb. In life.......... there is a MUCH greater/faster learning-curve; (subsequently, a more rapid advancement of humankind)............ IF more emotions can be put on the line,,,,,,,,, more opinions can be shared............ mild-to-wild brainstorming thoughts can be expressed................ and all without fear of retribution.
October 19, 2012 09:03AM
While I'm fairly new here I do find it a refreshing experience. Having been a mod on a forum covering a different subject I also appreciate the behavior here! Thanks to all who make it possible.
October 19, 2012 11:24AM
I also thank Tom for providing this site. I come here quite offten and do a lot of reading. I have been detecting for over 40 years but I can still come here and learn new things. We are lucky to have someone like Tom that has the tecnical no how to explain things.
October 19, 2012 12:41PM
This is the best forum for direct and specific direction. It is the respect that I like the most. Even if a new member ask ( and me) a question that is somewhat misdirected, it is answered with respect and simplified terms.
Most of the forum members elsewhere will bash a new member for asking simple questions.

As far as Nasa Tom having to " bite his tongue" , this is often easy to see when he answers with short, quick responses. Always with respect but direction to the correct path.......

It has to be gratifying to see someone who was new, start to answer questions that other have. Shows a continuous flow of infomation.......

Tom in SC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 10:46PM by tmanly.
October 19, 2012 01:44PM
Amen: Dealing with individuals and an ever learning hobby is quite a chore and Tom handles it well.
October 19, 2012 04:19PM
Here here! Although I'm a new poster here, I've spent the last 6 months going back and reading posts and enjoying the insights and thoughts of many. I'm also impressed with the respect shown here, you don't see much brand or machine bashing. Strengths and weaknesses are discussed, usually with supporting testing. My thanks to Tom and the entire community. Refreshing.
October 19, 2012 04:47PM
Indeed!!! Thanks and thanks for answering my questions.
You guys have already given the points that make this a great forum. One other I would like to add. On other forums I see posted finds and I have to scratch my head, I never have coins come out of the ground looking so pretty. Granted, most silver is ok,dirty but everything else is usually in sad shape. This forum, I have a lot of faith in you guys that hang around here.
Thank again,
John
October 19, 2012 04:55PM
In today's vernacular: TRUE DAT! (meaning, I agree wholeheartedly with what the original poster has said) This is my GO TO detecting site. I feel like I am among buddies when i come here. I feel like I am accepted, even with all of my defects, foibles, ideosyncrasies, OCDisms, etc etc. I have begun feeling very comfortable sharing questions here that I feel trepidation sharing about on other forums. A forum is a place a man or woman should be able to go and expect to be treated like he or she treats others. With civility. And even with the vast expance of knowledge here, I don't ever feel like I am being talked down to. I just like it here. And I appeciate the fact that nasaTom keeps it available for us. Many thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2012 07:37PM by Kevin B.
October 19, 2012 10:23PM
I fully agree with all said here. This is a top-notch, respectful, extremely educational and refreshingly "free" forum -- free to brainstorm, free to openly and honestly discuss "pros and cons" of any given unit, free to post without fear of ridicule...and obviously with a most respectable, knowledgeable, and passionate gentleman at the helm. The amount of knowledge here is simply top-notch, and the way it is shared is equally top-notch.

Steve
October 20, 2012 12:59AM
Man, you guys are good with words, all well said and agree.
October 20, 2012 01:14AM
I must agree this is one of the most informative sights around!
October 20, 2012 03:59PM
we are very lucky,,, THANKS TOM AND ALL INVOLVED !!!
October 22, 2012 05:10PM
It is an awesome site.