Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F 75 units for sale and I do not understand!!!!!

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F 75 units for sale and I do not understand!!!!!
October 30, 2012 10:39PM
I always thought that the F75 LTD and the F75 SE were the newer models with the Boost and Cache modes. but I see on F75 SE for sale and the seller states it does not have the Boost mode.
Can someone please clear up the different models and release timeline for me?

Thanks
Tom in SC
Re: F 75 units for sale and I do not understand!!!!!
October 30, 2012 10:43PM
The LTD and SE both have the boost mode, the only difference between it and LTD is the SE is not camouflage.
The SE came out a year after the LTD.
I had a LTD and still have the SE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 10:44PM by Aaron.
October 30, 2012 11:07PM
Fisher does make it more complicated than it needs to be.

When the F75 first came out it was a SE Special Edition.

The name was dropped later and applied to to SE with boost mode.
October 30, 2012 11:43PM
First there was the original F75, then they packaged the identical unit in a "Special Edition" box. Next FRL came out with 'boost' modes and called the unit the "F75 LTD" or Limited Edition in a camo paint scheme. Some called it a "LE". Now they sell the "SE LTD" or just the "SE", the same unit as the original camo "LTD" or "LE", but not to be confused with the original unit in the "SE" box.

There... got it?
October 30, 2012 11:45PM
holy smokes my head is spinning :-)
October 31, 2012 12:12AM
Thanks for clearing it up. I wonder if the range of serial numbers reflect the different models as well.

Tom in SC
October 31, 2012 01:35AM
Fisher just paints them and adds curb feelers and calls them a different model with a huge hype an advertising to get the customer all worked up. They actually get more money for that.
October 31, 2012 03:08AM
When the first F-75 came out it was called the Special Anniversary Edition...the 75 part being Fisher's 75th year...So it was labeled as Special...

The boost modes are only in the camo and solid black version's

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 07:05PM by Keith Southern.
October 31, 2012 05:30AM
They did something similar with the Gold Bug Pro. Can't wait till they come out with their next detector and see what they do to "improve" it after 6 months.
November 01, 2012 07:53PM
I have an early "camo LTD"... I never carry it as my only detector because at some places it works reat, at other places it is a "boat anchor".... but with the 5" coil it is KILLER. When I got it I took it to the east end of Brushy Mountain... up where they cut in the roads and installed the underground utilities before the housing bubble collapsed. I was using the small coil. I had it on disc=1 and the Sens=99. I swear... I had to check it now and then to see if it was on because it was so queit. I was about 15' from the underground electricity, if I got near it... it would begin to chatter. I was able also to detect the gravel road that the power company uses to service the high tension power lines. I was only trying it out and found a shotgun shell at about 6"... but it could have eassily been a button. So, iit is a good detector but not as good or as accurate as the ET, V3, or Sovereign GT on ID at depth. I have not tried the new Minelab and I probably wont considering the price and the comparability to the ET. I am really interested in the Deus though.

I think all the LTDs and SEs are the sae, just look different.

J
November 02, 2012 07:02PM
Speaking of mass confusion, I see Whites has a new machine out they are calling the "GT". Great, name it after a Sovereign so people get their wires crossed even more in threads.
November 02, 2012 10:10PM
jbow
I think all the LTDs and SEs are the sae, just look different.

New SE's and LTD's are the same.

BUT the F75 has always been sold as an SE - so if it's older, it will not have boost - only way really to tell form a distance is the upper shaft is brass colored (like Keith said).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 10:11PM by Shambler.
November 03, 2012 12:37PM
If its black or camo it has boost mode.

If it has gold shaft it does not.
November 07, 2012 04:57AM
What my wife and I call the handle part is indeed gold if you do not have the BP mode. I wish I had known that before I purchased the unit. But have found this site very helpful. My first year with the F75, and not missing the BP mode at all.
October 07, 2015 01:54PM
I have the camo edition that has been upgraded to DST and FA, as well as the new audio modes etc.
The upgrade robs you of the camo command module and replaces it with a black one.
Thats how you know at a glance if camo F75 has been upgraded.
Kind of silly to upgrade these units to such an odd-ball mismatch, but thats what the fine folks at Fisher decided on.
October 07, 2015 02:12PM
Its called marketing...they paint them, rename them and even add a doohickey etc. No expensive retooling and units still sell as originally did...
October 07, 2015 04:00PM
Early on Fisher asked the users what to do with new improvements to existing detectors. Just add them as they developed them or create a new model. I believe nearly everyone wanted a new model created so they could keep up with the improvements.

HH
Mike
October 08, 2015 12:40PM
I hope they have finished using the F-75 designations !! I had to go take a " Dramamine !"
October 08, 2015 10:33PM
My head is still spinning......To make it even more head spinning ......now they have the DST upgrade ..... which is very confusing, my understanding is you can not get the DST upgrade done anymore, unless you buy the F75 DST new from a dealer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 10:36PM by Rob in (ca).
October 09, 2015 07:26AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fisher just paints them and adds curb feelers and
> calls them a different model with a huge hype an
> advertising to get the customer all worked up.
> They actually get more money for that.

I notice that too Jack - I thought their three versions of the Tek Delta4000 to be a little over the top & confusing.....