Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEW Software Update For The CTX

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEW Software Update For The CTX
October 31, 2012 03:14AM
I havent did the the update yet, however the new Seawater mode is supposed to work better in salt and the one feature Im excited about is the pinpoint. You now will not have to hold the button down (like the ETRAC), which was a real pain in the butt and it wasnt to ergonomically comfortable. Its pretty cool how MineLab is able to improve the function of the machine just through the computer now.

I wonder what XP has planned for their v.3 DEUS update coming end of year?

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 03:18AM by Aaron.
Re: NEW Software Update For The CTX
October 31, 2012 08:07AM
That is sure exciting for existing CTX owners. I checked the link and they don't talk about the "whole host of system upgrades". Unfortunately, an iron audio volume control is not possible I was told. But, they can really do a lot with that architecture.

And yes, I am excited to see what the Deus V3 turns out being. Hopefully they stabilize (or add an option for that) for targets at depth - instead of the VID cutting out.

Albert
October 31, 2012 10:05AM
Yes really interesting news w the CTX. I think the new pinpoint feature alone is great news, Ive always had issues w that trigger button, keeping it squeezed, it's never been the easiest to use.

Regarding the Deus, I'm hoping the iron wrap around is addressed as well too.
October 31, 2012 10:46AM
"Find more buried targets at maximum depth with the NEW..." Wow, maybe in a few weeks we'll all (finally) be eating crow???

Tom, did you ever get your hands on a CTX for test?
October 31, 2012 11:16AM
Yes, but for a very limited period of time. Not enough to generate conclusive results/claims.
October 31, 2012 06:50PM
Earthmansurfer, two of the software updates I'd like to see would be the ability to go into "Explorer mode" in terms of re-assigning the VDI matrix to that. The Explorer's VDI makes much more sense to me and I feel I can get more "hints" to potential target ID via that then I could with the Etrac IMO. One of the reasons why I loved the smartfind screen on the Explorer.

Another feature I'd like to see is VDI # normalization so that if you change noise bands the target ID doesn't slightly shift, which then renders learn accept/reject pretty much useless without such a feature.