Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey there... has anyone seen Jim Pugh lately?

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey there... has anyone seen Jim Pugh lately?
November 01, 2012 07:31PM
I will be near his area soon and I cannot find a recent post by him anywhere. I hope he is OK, has anyone heard from him?

Also... is anyone in the Pensacola/Mobile (Perdido Key) area? I want to hunt some while there (and hopefully hit the Pompano run in the surf, lol). I know there are some places there that are "off limits" National Parks and such but I don't know if it is still OK to hunt the waterline or if everything on the points are off limits. It looks like there was a CW era fort on both ends of Perdido Key.

I am sure that there are some good places open to hunting in the area... there has to be, but I don't know where they are and DO NOT want to get arrested, pay a fine I cannot afford, and lose my detector and car. So.. I need advice if anyone has some and perhaps someone to go on a hunt with in the area. Perhaps I can return the favor one day. I live in NW Georgia, in Cassville. Right in the middle of the Campaign for Atlanta (though right now I am site poor.. I can usually come up with something).

Thanks for any help and have you seen Jim? I am going to contact my friend Glen in NOLA too. It should be a good time. I am going to take the Sovereign GT and either the T2 or E-Trac. I should take my V3, one of the dealers who updates to the V3i is not far from where I will be. I guess I will have to see how packed the car is... I am sure it will be full. I always want to take at least two detectors, three fishing rods, a guitar and small amp and maybe an acoustic... and this and that and the other. I have a tendency to think I need all my toys when I go off.... are you like that? At least I have most of my books on a Kindle now, laff.

I know I ramble so don't forget.... I am looking for Jim Pugh. I guess I could use the obvious and call him at Anchor Metal Detectors... but I am afraid if I go there I will end up buying a Deus. heh,..

Thanks and hello everyone, I know it has been a while. I tend to get on one track at a time and lately I have been spending most of my online time on the Cakewalk Sonar recording forum. I've been trying to learn multitrack recording... it is hard (old dog/new tricks). I think it is time for me to get back out and do some detecting. I do have a new site in Kingston that no one else has access to... I need to go hit it !!

Hello to everyone, especially Andy, DP, and Tony... I've been well, hope you have.

PS... should I buy a Deus??

Julien
Re: Hey there... has anyone seen Jim Pugh lately?
November 01, 2012 07:47PM
If you relic hunt or any hunting in iron, yes you should get a Deus or a GMP, nothing better at this time.
November 01, 2012 09:32PM
Yeah... I think the Deus looks good. I think I should get one.
November 02, 2012 01:21AM
I see his detector company with phone number under Fisherlabs and Teknetics dealer doing google.
November 02, 2012 02:54AM
Some new guy on findmall just inherited a Deus from someone in his family who just passed away and never detected before...go figure.