Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Been a while since I've been out...( few pics )

Posted by yardhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Been a while since I've been out...( few pics )
November 16, 2012 12:49AM
Yes my friends, I've lurked some recently, but, it's been a while since I've posted here.

Here are a few pics of some recent finds I've added to my scrapbook:

Not much exciting to see in the above pic. It's miscellaneous targets found in various places around my hometown in recent months.

Recently...I had a friend call me wanting me to find a earring she lost while mowing. Hmmm, that was the same friend that lost a diamond ring last summer. I found that one in about 15 minutes. This one however, is pretty tiny. Fortunately, I had the other one to use as a guide with the CZ3D. Tom recently "tuned" this 3D & the other earring "pegged" the meter right on foil. I used the hockey puck & on the second trip to the house & 3 targets later, I found it. I couldn't believe I found that tiny target.

When I find a lost item, they are required to get a picture taken & it goes in my scrapbook. So, here she is.....

She was a very happy camper when I found that one...and..frankly, I was surprised when I found it too. I have permission to work her yard & I hope something good comes from there.

Working 6 days a week practically all summer, ( here's a pic of me working high on top of a hill just south of my hometown where I live & work in...)

It put the hurting to water hunting. I did manage to get the tigershark wet 7-8 times. Pictured are 2 gold, two .925's & other junk rings. 76 coins were found also.....

Now it's almost winter time here in midwest USA & my work hours are finally slowing down. I'm getting some private yards lined up, so, that means some more detecting time is in my future & and better finds. I've used this 3D for about 3 hours since it was tuned up. I'd have to say this baby is very accurate and my finds has increased since it came back from Tom.
That 3D has been spanking those coins right out of those private yards. Thanks Tom...you've done well.

So...when I find something worth posting, I'll post it right here.............see ya yardhunter
Re: Been a while since I've been out...( few pics )
November 16, 2012 12:54AM
Congrats on 2 golds in 7-8 water hunts, pretty good! Hope those yard hunts work out w your extra time this winter.
November 16, 2012 02:24AM
With your job........ you should have a tremendous success-rate opening doors to new sites...... of your choice!
Very nice personal 'touch'...... having found (and posting) that small earring.
May there be a silver lining in your pockets...... in the very near future.
November 16, 2012 04:17AM
Hello yardhunter nice story & pics lot's of history in that area is that the Simom Kenton memorial bridge? Read Frontiersman years ago ,hard to follow at first, then could'nt put it down! hh
November 16, 2012 04:33AM
rapidroy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello yardhunter nice story & pics lot's of
> history in that area is that the Simom Kenton
> memorial bridge? Read Frontiersman years ago ,hard
> to follow at first, then could'nt put it down! hh

You are correct. It is the Simon Kenton Memorial Bridge that links Ky with Ohio.
Great observation.................see ya yardhunter
November 16, 2012 01:57PM
I think you did very well in limited hunting...trying to squeeze in some time with long work hours and family has to be tough.

As far as CZ's go foil indeed is the hot spot for gold items even small ones and a depth demon when it comes to silver coins and you ought to do quite well in those old yards..