Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Gold Depth Test (my first publised Youtube video)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Gold Depth Test (my first publised Youtube video)
February 06, 2013 08:16PM
So please be kind. Let me tell ya, it felt awkward just doing what I was doing. My hats off to people who can do live digs while holding a camera. Anyway. Subscribe and thumbs up. (I think that's what I'm supposed to say) I imagine, since the video is open for public spectacle, I will get some wild comments (hopefully not from y'all!).
I buried a nickel at 11 inches measured. I swept the place with my detector so it's in a clean part of the yard. After I dug the hole, I further sanitized the dirt with my rare earth magnet. I call her 'Maggie'. No, not really. Anyway...enjoy. I'm going on a real world hunt. I'll carry my camera, but I would expect any live digs. I will let you hear the signal, and then I'll dig it and show it. Question for you Youtube vid makers: when I turn my camera on and off for each dig, do I have to upload a new video, or can I upload the entire production onto one vid on youtube? Anyway, thanks for looking: [www.youtube.com]
Re: Vista Gold Depth Test (my first publised Youtube video)
February 06, 2013 09:05PM
Nice video Kevin wow it got that nickel no problem good test mate smiling smiley nice 1
February 06, 2013 09:22PM
Hey Kevin

Nice vid..

Yes they are harder to do than most think....talking is not one of my weak point's so I dont mind rambling on about whatever thought's are in my head at the moment LOL!!

Yes people will make rude commnet's and send you emails and such ...but Dont bother with those type's just ignore them...I let my 13 year old daughter show me most of the upload stuff....and she like to follow the hits...but one guy last week posted a negative comment and she read it...and he used the F word and it burnt me up that She saw it....I gave him a piece of my mind after that...but usually I just ignore them ...

You must have some decent dirt...My ground bal is about 2:30 I see yours about 10:30...

The start and stop on digital cameras do pose a problem...What you have to do is use a video editor and combine all the clips into one file...

once you get enough videos on you tube and they will raise your time limit from 15 minutes to eternity...dont know why they limit your minutes to 15 for awhile..?or at least they used to...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 09:24PM by Keith Southern.
February 06, 2013 10:02PM
Nice vid!
February 06, 2013 10:20PM
Kevin, I enjoyed the video and it's always nice to hear a southern accent,...kind-a cheers me up. Eleven inches on a nickle, that's a deep hole, detecting wise. Thanks!
February 06, 2013 10:44PM
Thanks guys. I'm gonna do some more. I need to complete my education in how to grow a thick skin, so I guess reading some of the comments will certainly give me lessons on how to let stuff roll off my back. That's not real easy for a guy like me who takes that stuff to heart. I guess I could shut off the comments if they get too bad, I'm not sure if I have that option yet.
February 06, 2013 10:55PM
There will always be mean and unkind people around, some are just plain lunatics. Don't let them raise your pressure.
February 06, 2013 11:10PM
Good video Kevin

can't wait to see a few live hunts from you,

gotta get out & put that machine to work for REAL now!

HH
February 06, 2013 11:11PM
The rude people are why I quit doing my videos. I decided that for me, it wasn't worth the trouble of carrying a camera, filming one handed, editing video clips, then uploading it all. It use to be awesome but then it got to where people were so negative and critical that I threw in the towel. They would even bash me for the way I talked!! BTW...you can disabled comments on YouTube...you can still read the messages but they don't appear for everybody to read unless you approve them.
Anonymous User
February 06, 2013 11:30PM
Hey Kevin - there will always be guys that will tell you this and that is wrong and you should of done it this or that way.
Or they'll say it's rigged...or you don't know what you're doing...

Have you ever made those types of comments yourself???? Hahahaha......if not - then grow the thick skin...and if so...it'sssss payback time.......

It's supposed to be all fun and games - people take this stuff so personal and serious...

As my wife reminds me everyday..."Hey stop it and shut up already - it's a freakin hobby".........

Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys. I'm gonna do some more. I need to
> complete my education in how to grow a thick skin,
> so I guess reading some of the comments will
> certainly give me lessons on how to let stuff roll
> off my back. That's not real easy for a guy like
> me who takes that stuff to heart. I guess I could
> shut off the comments if they get too bad, I'm not
> sure if I have that option yet.
wjs
February 06, 2013 11:32PM
Kevin. I use a program called Videopad to edit my videos. It was like Keith said you can take all the clips and drop them on the timeline of the video editor and then combine them. You do not have to make each clip a seperate video. I use a 640x360 format and that makes the widescreen. I have all my videos where people can comment but I have to approve of all the comments first. Every once in a while I will get someone that says something stupid or negative but I just delete the comment before anyone can see it and then block their username so they cant comment anymore. But about 99% of the comments are acceptable. I use a clamp called an articulating magic arm to hold my camera. They work great. If you need any help just let me know.
February 06, 2013 11:45PM
Good video Kevin. I subbed your channel so I can catch more. There is nothing better than a good southern accent...... And you will get a lot of "can you do this" or "that is not a real test" and so on.
Just ignore them all. If you are happy with the results then they are good....... good luck and I want to see some hunting videos.

Tom in SC
February 06, 2013 11:59PM
Hey all right Kevin you did great i've got to get a edittor for my vids also
February 07, 2013 12:21AM
Hey Kevin, thats a good video...nice and clear, good sound quality. Your accent makes me homesick. Honestly, there is nothing negative to say, you did exactly what you set out to do. Anyone that gives you grief, tell em Ill come kiick there a $$, lol.Ill be posting one from the California motherload as soon as it arrives. Ill first post a dime at depth in some of our bad soil, then Im going to see if I can pull some nonferrous from my hammered spot. Gotta love this forum and all those that contribute!
February 07, 2013 12:46AM
barryny Wrote:
>.
>
> Have you ever made those types of comments
> yourself???? Hahahaha......if not - then grow the
> thick skin...and if so...it'sssss payback
> time.......

As far as I can recollect, I have never made a negative post on Youtube. If I don't like the vid, I simply stop looking. I just cannot make myself be rude to people. Ity's not that I'm all noble and good hearted. It's just embarrassing to be mean to folks. I look at alot of Youtube vids. I like looking at ol Hank Williams Sr vids, Lefty Frizzell, etc etc besides the detecting vids. And I have never found it in my heart to imply that their video was awful. Even though I have seen some doozies.
But yes, you are very right in that I will need a thick skin. It's just in my nature to take offensive remarks to heart. As far as my video, I know that there are ALOT better vids about detecting. I just wanted to see what it would be like to make some. And to be honest, it's fun. I like the forum members to have a little glimpse into my world. Just like I like to have little glimpses into their world. I have watched ALOT of member "wjs" (Bill's) videos as he goes detecting in those parks. He is likely one of the first people I started watching because of the quality of material he puts out. I have also watched alot of DanielTN's. And Keith Southern's. And many English/Irish/ Australian etc etc vids. I just feel like it's time to pay back the guys who make all the vids that help us out so much, although my vid had nothing that would help anyone. I still can't believe that I sound like that though!!!! (I'm my worst critic)
February 07, 2013 12:18PM
Another great video!! Thanks Kevin................Mark
Anonymous User
February 07, 2013 01:11PM
Nice informative video Kevin... I'm loving my vista as when I walk over a nice coin it's mine.. :0) keep them videos coming and just ignore the muppets out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 01:13PM by Ziggyjinx.
February 07, 2013 03:50PM
Very well done video Kevin. Hope you will make many more.
February 07, 2013 03:57PM
Thanks guys, for your kind remarks. I think i'll do what Daniel said do and disable the comments if they start getting too funky, But, I realize that this world is full of different kinds of people. I have seen other detecting vids where someone makes an AWFUL comment to a fellow detectorists. I felt two feelings. Pity for the guy who made the video. And a feeling of wanting to take my predator shovel and whack the negative poster upside the head for having the evil inclination of talking to another human that way. I ain't no fighter. I'm a peaceable type. But when I see another peaceable type person being flogged with words, it brings the anger up in me. What I am saying now has nothing to do with the nice comments that every one of you have made. I am responding to something that hasn;t even happened with me YET. I don't know, I haven't even checked the vid this morning. But I ain't gonna let a few negative nellies keep me from making a few more....just for fun. I really want to do some like Bill (wjs) does and film the detector swinging over a target, and then film the digging. Bill has gotten that down to an art. I love to hear that wide bladed hand digger cutting into the roots as he circles the target, and then he whoops out the Sunray probe, or the Garrett Pointer, and finds his target. I have actually learned so much from his vids about non-destructive recovery technique, and even swing speed...etc etc. Anyway, I'm talking alot this morning. Y'all have an aweome day!!
February 07, 2013 04:29PM
Nice video and good information.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 07, 2013 04:47PM
Everyone knows those 2 old grumps in the balcony at the end of the Muppet Show.
Always criticising, always nagging,... but I like their humor.

First grumps says:"Just when you think this show really stinks,.... something amazing happens!"
Second grump replies:"What do you mean something amazing??"

First grump:"IT ENDS,.... Hahahahhaaaaaa!"

Same with youtube vids, always a few grumps in the woodwork nagging and preaching.
Just enjoy their sense of humor.

HH
Johnb
February 07, 2013 05:17PM
Good vid Kevin. Looking forward to more vids on that Vista Gold.
Keep up the good work
cd
February 07, 2013 05:54PM
Seems we are talkinh more about the the by product (video) than the product (GOLD),,,Just kidding Kevin LOL!!!

Whats your take on the Gold Kevin if I might Ask

Keith
jrk
February 07, 2013 06:00PM
Your test was invalid, thus proposed results cannot be believed. How do we really know the target was that deep? How do we know it wasn't a coke can 4 inches below surface? Bottom line...my machine is best and cannot be bested!!!

winking smiley

Only kidding Kevin. Enjoyed watching, as I do other vids from the members of this forum. I find it interesting associating some voice/faces with some of these screen names I've come to enjoy and know. When I read Southern's posts now, I "hear" his voice as I read.

Anyway...keep up the good work!
February 07, 2013 07:46PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Seems we are talkinh more about the the by product
> (video) than the product (GOLD),,,Just kidding
> Kevin LOL!!!
>
> Whats your take on the Gold Kevin if I might Ask
>
> Keith

Well, I welcome a critique from you guys. I actually have been the one placing most of the emphasis on the vid, but that subject is about burned out now. The Gold.....so far, it is everything that you have stated it to be. And AMC Javelin. My trips into the woods are on hold right now due to my lack of a sitter for momma. I;'m working on that part, because I have several acres with old unhunted homeplaces everywhere. I did take it to a site in town yestersday and dug quite a bit of can slaw that were giving powerful signals!!!! But that happened with the G2 as well when I first got it. Ask me in a few more days. They even sent a Deeptech cap!!! I was impressed with the way they boxed up everything. Didn't care much for the packing peanuts LOL. But right now Keith, I haven't formed a solid opinion. That will come. Stay tuned.