Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Once in a lifetime detecting opportunity!

Posted by TheOtherLeggoHead 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Once in a lifetime detecting opportunity!
February 13, 2013 05:38AM
How much would you pay to do a natural hunt for a full 10 hour+ day on pristine, undetected private plowed fields and large multi-million dollar private estates or historically significant public areas (that are totally off-limits to ANY detecting) on significant Revolutionary era locations (items already found dating to early 1700's) with FULL PERMISSION and fully sanctioned under a local Historical Society on eastern Detroit , MI? $60, $75, $100????

All payments would be tax deductible contributions to the non profit Society (that gets you tax savings of around 35 cents per dollar). Prizes, raffles and refreshments included - only small groups (10-15) of serious hard core hunters allowed on each hunt. Multiple weekend days will be available this spring and fall.

This exact program is being finalized right now. Our goal is to create the most prestigious and exciting land detecting opportunities in the country culminating in the most exclusive annual hunting event, each fall, that there ever was here in the US...

What could possibly be more exciting than finding items such as 1700's era Spanish reales or (ca. 1750's) Georgivs III large copper halfpennies or Revolutionary War soldier buttons in all their historic glory???

Most of you have spent upwards of $1500 for your detectors plus accessories - why not utilize your equipment in the search for real treasure?

Email me to receive more info and latest updates to this exciting program.

This project is not just for "serious hard core hunters" - it's available to anyone interested in finding Revolutionary/Colonial era items.
What I really meant to say is that we don't expect the hunts to be social club gathering type of events.
Re: Once in a lifetime detecting opportunity!
February 13, 2013 11:07AM
Sounds like a blast. With the Historical Society involved, do all items have to be turned in? Small groups are a plus.
Do you recall the depth the items were found?
February 13, 2013 12:32PM
"Hey wait a minute......this sounds like some kind of scam......or worse yet SCAMOLA!!!" - Homer Simpson
February 13, 2013 02:13PM
Poster is a longtime respected member of the hobby and have heard of pay to hunt before.Doubt if its a scam from the poster but if he is not associated with the hunt one never knows..personally not for me but might contact the poster for further details.Common practice for permits to hunt deer and small game in Pa. and years ago heard of similiar situations but never attended any of them...We all at one time or another run out of new hunting ground and certainly an option for certain individuals with limited time and extra cash.
February 13, 2013 02:22PM
" on pristine, undetected private plowed fields and large multi-million dollar private estates"

In Detroit? No such thing....c'mon Leggo, you're kidding right?
February 13, 2013 02:23PM
I was about to ask about if you get to keep anything. People go to England all the time to hunt..... why not do the same here where Arcs and us can work together? I was confused to about you wanted hard core hunters..... then restated it. I think a lot of hunters would be interested to hunt with a historical Arc team.....lot of information one could gain. Odd they would be in MI unless they are from a college who has access to the sites in other states.

Aaron are you saying someone is using his sign on....?
February 13, 2013 02:38PM
No Dew, I'm saying that property doesn't exist in Detroit.

This has to be some kind of prank.
Anonymous User
February 13, 2013 02:54PM
This exact type of event has been done before very successfully if executed and managed properly: www.artifactdetectingteam.com.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 11:47PM by barryny.
February 13, 2013 03:03PM
Another thread goes to hell.
February 13, 2013 03:18PM
Good eye Aaron rel the area....Posters name is similiar to a fellow from New England area but indeed may not be the same fellow...so indeed at this point not sure legit or not...have seen names similiar or stolen in the past which may or maynot be the case...
February 13, 2013 03:23PM
good grief.
February 13, 2013 05:19PM
yaaaaawn
February 13, 2013 05:32PM
Will someone drive a wooden stake through the heart of all the drama? Then maybe follow up with a silver bullet just in case? This is a great forum with lot's of good info. The drama queens just detract from it all.....
February 13, 2013 06:10PM
jrk
February 13, 2013 06:20PM
Concept sounds great to me.

Randy
February 13, 2013 06:56PM
Let us keep our minds open and not jump to conclusions .

Dalpal
Anonymous User
Copied that right off my post from 2010...
February 13, 2013 07:01PM
why recreate the wheel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 11:50PM by barryny.
February 13, 2013 07:51PM
All unmoderated forums eventually self-destruct. Nature of the format.
February 13, 2013 08:54PM
Won't happen Steve H.
Lot of guys stuck inside for the winter and getting rammy.
A nose out of joint now and then.....no biggie. It will smooth back out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 08:55PM by ozzie.
February 13, 2013 08:57PM
I've been a forum mod before. No matter what you do, someone gets upset when you enforce the rules. Some people just can't be civil or mature.
February 13, 2013 11:43PM
I can't take this anymore!

I hear the Findmall Views calling me back. There's always some old racist over there itching for a fight...

[www.findmall.com] (...or how Admin gently keeps things under control)
February 14, 2013 12:16AM
JJ........ interesting 'tie' via the link.
February 14, 2013 12:29AM
If they are "pristine, undetected private plowed fields and large multi-million dollar private estates or historically significant public areas (that are totally off-limits to ANY detecting) on significant Revolutionary era locations"

then how have "items already found dating to early 1700s" been found??

Totally off limits means "off limits" and if they're UNdetected - they how have items already been found on these undetected totally off limits lands??

Sounds like a scam to me too

it may not be but it sure SOUNDS like it...

PS

I've got to agree with Aaron on this one,

I'm FROM Michigan (born in Detroit) lived/worked there for many yrs and I've NEVER seen any land/s like what this guy is talking about! There's nothing but concrete and buildings for a 40/50 mile radius of the city of Detroit - there isn't a farm field OR "public land/s" for 60/70 miles in any one direction and at that point - you're not IN Detroit anymore (or even close)!
February 14, 2013 01:00AM
Historic Ft. Wayne is the only place (in Detroit) that fits that description and to try hunting there would be big no-no!
Anonymous User
February 14, 2013 01:31AM
Guess what Tom.....................
Nothing "interesting" about any "tie via a link"

My ADT program has absolutely ZERO to do with this program.
He lifted my words from FindMall without my permission.
I don't know anything about whether or not there is the opportunity for great detecting in Michigan

But I can tell you one thing:

My Artifact Detecting Team program was the most prestigious and successful not-for-profit detecting program ever executed in the USA.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JJ........ interesting 'tie' via the link.
February 14, 2013 01:53PM
Barry, my link was meant to show Tom one manner to deal with rogue posters. It is not the only method nor the preferred method here on Tom's forum.

Anyway, I received a strongly worded PM reinforcing the rules on this forum... and any other metal detecting forum... anywhere: [www.findmall.com]
February 14, 2013 02:17PM
I think barryny was referring to an earlier link by jummyjivers that Tom referred to...

go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Barry, my link was meant to show Tom one manner to
> deal with rogue posters. It is not the only
> method nor the preferred method here on Tom's
> forum.
>
> Anyway, I received a strongly worded PM
> reinforcing the rules on this forum... and any
> other metal detecting forum... anywhere:
> [www.findmall.com]
February 14, 2013 02:37PM
You mean rules like these?

Ever read 1984?

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 02:43PM by Aaron.
February 14, 2013 10:29PM
It is interesting the OP hasnt said much since his post. Most would try and explain the posting and where he was going with it.