Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How would you like to see THIS where you live?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How would you like to see THIS where you live?
February 27, 2013 02:55AM
This REALLY blows the big one - it's making me want to move someplace warm as it seems I'll NEVER get to detect ever again!!

There's at least 12" (an entire foot) of this xoxo on the ground currently and it's still coming down!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 02:59AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: How would you like to see THIS where you live?
February 27, 2013 03:00AM
I have to agree. The long term isn't looking great either.
February 27, 2013 03:20AM
Yeah the winter blows up here in Mi. All the machines are doing is collecting dust!
Last winter was so mild I had some great detecting days.
February 27, 2013 03:40AM
ROAD TRIP! I call shotgun! Pack your speedo's?
February 27, 2013 04:00AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah the winter blows up here in Mi. All the
> machines are doing is collecting dust!
> Last winter was so mild I had some great detecting
> days.

I hear that - I was detecting in Jan, Feb and Mar last yr (March had record highs in the 80s)! Where did that go!?

They almost had me believing in "global warming" for a minute there but looking outside rgt now?? = "Global warming my Azz"!
February 27, 2013 04:10AM
It was actually perfect in the park hunting last winter because there was no one there, no bugs and the ground was soft!!
February 27, 2013 04:10AM
Yep I looked in my journal I was diggin in January last year. A year ago today I dug a sweet 49 o half dime. This year I've been out once and that was a cold wet day. Aaron what part of MI are you from?
Not in South Texas...
February 27, 2013 04:12AM
Looks like you might consider a move. It was 73 today...and a bit dry. Pretty much year round detecting.
Then again the slightly cooler Summers you have sure would feel good when it's July down here! Get out when you can!!
February 27, 2013 04:31AM
No way !!!

I could not take that...

Of course the summers here in the South will down right take a toll on you heat and humidity combo are rough....but we can still hunt in it..you are house bound in that white stuff...

Right now we have it perfect here...I have been enjoying myself for the last couple of month's, though we are having a wet winter...

Keith
February 27, 2013 04:36AM
Man, I do not like snow. Dont mean to rub it in, but it was a perfect 70here in NoCal.
February 27, 2013 05:06AM
SE Mi, right by Detroit
February 27, 2013 05:14AM
I'm sw lower. South of kalamazoo about 10 miles north of the border.
February 27, 2013 11:25AM
I feel your pain MI boys were going to get another 8 to 14" in maine where i live 20 years ago when i usee to snowmobile i couldn't get this much snow up here then if life depended on it!
February 27, 2013 11:55AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No way !!!
>
> I could not take that...
>
> Of course the summers here in the South will down
> right take a toll on you heat and humidity combo
> are rough....but we can still hunt in it..you are
> house bound in that white stuff...
>
> Right now we have it perfect here...I have been
> enjoying myself for the last couple of month's,
> though we are having a wet winter...
>
> Keith

Yeah - it's like take your pick - freeze in the winter in the north or fry in the summer in the south - there's no getting around some sort of weather related issue no matter where you go/live!

I used to live in FL (Clear Water area) and I spent 2 months in Houston & Galveston Texas during June/July once too so I know all about the "heat" and you can keep it! FL was mainly mid 90s and I was on the gulf front so it wasn't bad but TX was 105 and up every single day I was there pretty much and it was way more humid... Although last summer here in MI it was 110 degrees for a few days and above a 100 for a few weeks (which is not typical)... Mid/upper 80s is more avg. here in MI with a few days here & there reaching the 90s but it does get seriously humid too.

My wife went to Alabama last July for a week to visit her daughter and it was hotter here than it was there for the entire time she was gone!

Like you say though - I'm home bound and this sucks as all I can do is look out the window and dream!
February 27, 2013 02:37PM
I know what you mean about Houston, TX MR, lived there and worked outside for 8 years.....never got used to it and moved back to PA.
Some good memories though, especially the fishing, salt and fresh.
February 27, 2013 04:26PM
Yep those Southern fellas sure get more swinging time in...Indeed travel is an option and if you have a saltwater beach fairly close...remember salt water sand never freezes...

Imagine some summer days may be too hot to hunt not to mention the skeeters and such but all in all they are subject to less cabin fever....
February 27, 2013 04:35PM
Lots of snow up here in northern Michigan. I'm 30 miles south of the Mackinaw Bridge.

Last summer I managed to find a 10th regiment foot soldier button in great shape up near a fort in Mackinaw City.

Rick N. MI
February 27, 2013 05:03PM
Hey Rick that's a awesome button find! Can you please post a pic?

I used to go up to Mackinac Island, I love that place. I've always wondered if anyone has been able to detect on the Fort up there.

Good grief....the history up there is sooo rich with the British and French, I forgot how many times that Fort was captured and retaken by the Americans and British....
Anonymous User
February 27, 2013 07:17PM
Looks like a picture perfect Christmas card to me!
March 01, 2013 01:18AM
Dan-Pa.
Imagine some summer days may be too hot to hunnot to mention the skeeters and such...

My "winter" in SC runs from May through September... 95F and 95% humidity. No hunting during that season.

The worst mosquitos I ever experienced was within a mile of Lake Erie. Unbearable w/o chemical protection and worse than anything I've ever seen in South Carolina.