Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

vista gold results in the Motherload so far

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
vista gold results in the Motherload so far
March 08, 2013 04:10AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.usHit an old minearea that had activity from 1850 up until 1950 or so. I have hit this area a lot with the bandido, gb pro and at pro. The vista still got a decent number of good targets, including a semi-key date wheaty...couldn't make that vdb appear though!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us the soil in this atrea is not to bad, not really a test of the gold. The gold ran flawlessly, was easy to get used too, but I really would like a smaller elliptical coil for it. Big iron was easy to pick out, but this site isn't as packed with it as some of my spots. Dug a couple more horseshoes, but was pretty sure that's what they where before digging. I did get 2 signals that sounded sweet...no iron tone, although that may be what they where...but gave up after digging 15 inches down and still not finding them. I need another pinpointer! We haven't had rain, and the ground is already getting hard. It was a beautiful day in the motherload, and I'm hoping to get more time on the gold this weekend... thinking of hiking into a mining camp I found last year...soil is red and junk everywhere...should be a good test. Ray
Re: vista gold results in the Motherload so far
March 08, 2013 06:23AM
Hey that's a good looking place to Hunt Ray,..

good looking penny...

Glad you got some diggable target's in the iron...

right tool for the right site is important...

Keith
March 08, 2013 12:12PM
Ray,
Looks like a great spot is right !!.....A little rain will liven things up a bit for you , and make digging a lot easier too !!.....Cool Penny !!.....Jim
March 08, 2013 01:18PM
Thanks... I think its my fourth 1909-s, but never that dang vdb, lol.
March 08, 2013 01:27PM
Thanks for the update Ray. Keep us up to date on how the Vista Gold does as a prospecting machine.
March 08, 2013 04:18PM
When I use to relic hunt we would find camps and then realize that these miners were really poor the iron was fun to find but very few coins. Do you have access to a lot of land would love to hunt with you when I get better?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 09, 2013 02:51AM
Hi Lowboy, my private sites I can't bring anyone. But I do hunt a lot of public (blm) land. The biggest obstacle with those is it often involves a rugged hike. Get in touch when your up for it and keep your eyes peeled for demos, etc.