Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Managed to dig a unique first today....Video 3/14/2013

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Managed to dig a unique first today....Video 3/14/2013
March 15, 2013 05:51AM
Managed to dig a first for me today....I have dug countless sad iron's ..but this is the first coal iron.These are between the sad iron's and the electric iron invention in the late 1890's or so.. I believe its about an 1870's model..Also show what happens when the batteries go low alert on the DTVG...

Hunted till about 4 p.m. then the batteries cut me short,,,,but with this time change I got tired of setting at the house so headed back out ...found another house site close by after walking through the woods for awhile....found a carved bullet in the house but its so dang hard to hunt full of briars and young pine.....might have to put this one on hold for awhile...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Managed to dig a unique first today....Video 3/14/2013
March 15, 2013 12:00PM
That is a cool iron Keith. The amount of knowledge you have on the relics amazes me. I have a buddy out here (goes by Kuger on forums) whose same way...I can send him a pic of some obscure hunk of metal, and he will tell me what it is and how it was used.I love to learn this stuff, so thanks for posting with the full description. Ray
March 16, 2013 12:16AM
Keith, that is a cool iron, I have dug a few of the other ones, but I never knew that type exsisted , now I'll dig more iron to find one, great video
March 16, 2013 12:32AM
Neat find Kieth...now do you have a cold or allergies? I kept hearing the sniffles...lol.
March 16, 2013 07:11PM
Thanks for the video Keith, I never knew those kind of irons existed.
Neat find, congrats.
March 16, 2013 08:53PM
Keith on that little brass screw all you need to take it out is the point of a pocket knife if you do not have scredriver with you, works for me! Good hunting!
March 17, 2013 04:24AM
You always seem to find the most peaceful areas to hunt!

Just you, the woods and a detector & trowel!

I don't get that perk around here - too urbanized...

Cool digs Keith :-)

HH
March 17, 2013 08:51AM
I never have the screw in there, no real need for it especially if the protective cover is on.
March 19, 2013 12:42AM
Hey Keith, glad I got a chance to meet you today. Really enjoyed the video and what a great find! Maybe we'll get a chance to do a hunt together before it gets too hot.

HH
Sandy
March 19, 2013 02:22AM
Yes Was nice to meet you too Sandy!!

Maybe we can hunt together Soon...

Thanks

Keith
March 20, 2013 11:50AM
I always enjoy your videos on this forum but don't have any idea how to upload videos here. Could you give me the information on how to get my videos on this forum or where I can get the information. I just got a video camera and want to show some videos. Thanks in advance.