Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT-Gold finds me my first seated coin!!

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT-Gold finds me my first seated coin!!
March 29, 2013 11:23PM
Well I took the AT-Gold out to a spot I've hunted a ton with Etracs,T2Se,CZ-5,CZ3D,and I pulled 3 great coins a 1890 Seated Dime,1907 Indian Head Penny, and a 51 Roosevelt. I also have hunted this site with the AT-Pro and don't see how I missed these coins using it. I was using the AT-Gold with 8.5x11" coil hunting in disc 1 iron disc at 30 and sensitivity at 1 bar from max. I am really liking the AT-Gold this detector is a great machine and it's getting the job done for me!! These coins were all in the 7-9" range and the AT-Gold screamed out that dig me high tone on all three.
Re: AT-Gold finds me my first seated coin!!
March 30, 2013 12:22AM
Good for you...
Different day...different machine...different approach...could have been same machine...different approach...
You just never know...
March 30, 2013 12:48AM
congrats junior!!!! good to hear the gold is already producing for you.
March 30, 2013 01:40AM
Good deal - sounds like a fun time to me!

HH and post some pics if you can!

MRH
March 30, 2013 01:46AM
Seated coins are great, great start with the Gold!
March 30, 2013 02:23AM
Seated coins are always fun to dig...Congrat's...

Nnd in dense nails high freq will unlock better in certain circumstances...

Again no one machine will get it all at every site...fact's of Life ..

Good to keep an arsenal of machine's...for eye opening result's...

I had hoped the DEUS would be a multi machine replacer yet TO ME it is not...to many other uncontrolled variables in detector design than just freq and reactivity to emulate a standalone...

Glad you have the AT-PRO and the AT-GOLD in field eye opening results will soon follow,good and bad for each...

Keith
March 30, 2013 02:45AM
Congratulations! I'm sure this is the first of many!
April 02, 2013 04:22PM
Congrats on your first Seated,they are awesome to pull out. Wait till you find your first Bust.
HH
April 02, 2013 10:35PM
ghello there 88junior what do you think of the at gold so far and what are you getting depth wise out of it?
April 03, 2013 12:11AM
Since getting the AT-Gold I haven't used my AT-Pro it seems to be a little better in nails and it's depth is very good I have dug coins in the 9" range, the soil in my area is moderately mineralized. My soil has topsoil that's usually 9-10" then you hit clay which doesn't allow coins to hardly sink there fore I think the reason why I have seldom found coins over the 11" mark. The AT-Gold is a awesome machine and it separates targets very well in iron. I am going to keep my AT-Pro as a back-up loan a friend detector it's a great machine but since getting the AT gold I have found more silver than I have had in 3-4 years of hunting using other brands of detectors.
April 03, 2013 12:28AM
how would you compare it to the g-2?
April 03, 2013 12:56AM
It is very similar in target seperation in iron but with more depth, I loved the G2 but it just didn't seem to hit on the higher conductors as well as the AT-Gold does.
April 03, 2013 03:17AM
Good going 88junior!!!! Well done!!!!
April 03, 2013 05:27AM
Thanks Kevin it was a very good hunt for me. I had never found a seated coin in my 20 years of detecting and was beginning to wonder if I ever would!!
April 03, 2013 07:02PM
thank you for the update on that may just have made my decision right there
April 04, 2013 01:11AM
Brandon if you get one you will wish you had got one when they first came out I know I am now!!
April 04, 2013 02:29AM
well I 'll be honest with you I've never been really a garrett fan but I know the at line up is different from the green machines so who knows I just wish it would handle the salt water better
April 04, 2013 04:37AM
Brandon if your hunting salt water get a AT-Pro it will handle it will handle salt water better and the AT-Pro is a very good machine as well.
April 05, 2013 09:33PM
Ahhhh really I've had my fortey of beach hunting and it doesn't do much for me I usually find enough aluminum to start my own recyclry shop I've found more rings on fresh water beaches and farm fields than I do the ocean so I think i'm going to try a gold just as soon as I sell the gti 2500 garrett