Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

$$$$Any Speculation Why Gold & Silver Is Dropping?$$$$

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: $$$$Any Speculation Why Gold & Silver Is Dropping?$$$$
April 25, 2013 10:58PM
The Japanese are waking up.

Today a legend in the business told King World News there is a continued massive run on physical gold and silver. Keith Barron, who consults with major gold companies around the world and is responsible for one of the largest gold discoveries in the last quarter century, spoke about this remarkable situation and what it means for investors. Below is what Barron had to say in this extraordinary interview.
Barron: “I was just asked by one of the major brokerage houses in Toronto to give a presentation on what has taken place in the gold market. Many people inside the firm simply could not understand what happened with gold. I told them what we had just witnessed was an orchestrated takedown.
If the Dow, Nasdaq, or the S&P had tumbled in the same manner as what the gold market experienced, there would have been trading curbs, enquiries would have been made, etc. In contrast, all we saw in the gold futures market were more and more margin calls. But what is cleaning up this mess right now is the enormous physical demand.
We spoke last time on KWN about the tremendous demand at Scotia (Bank) in Canada and UBS in Switzerland, but the Japanese are coming in to the gold market in a shocking way right now....
“One of my colleagues, who was in Tokyo, just told me there were stunning $500 premiums on one ounce American Gold Eagles, and there were none to be found anywhere in Tokyo. So the Japanese were taking advantage of the price drop to buy seemingly everything available in terms of physical gold in the entire country.
They were dumping their yen and other currency positions and putting massive amounts into physical gold. This was happening as fast as the Japanese could do it, and they did not mind paying quite a premium for physical gold. What we have seen around the world has literally been a run on physical gold. People all over the world are simply turning in their fiat money for physical gold, and silver as well.
What we have seen recently was a manufactured, but complete capitulation in the gold market. This may surprise KWN readers, but I firmly believe that gold will break to new all-time highs this year. I also believe that we will continue to see a split between the paper market and the physical market, and it will be the physical market taking gold to new all-time highs.
There may be a paper market that trades virtually every second, but if you want real physical gold it is becoming harder and harder to come by. This will just translate into people paying higher premiums for the physical metal.
I would also add that right now if you want brand new Silver American Eagles you are going to have to wait two months for them to be delivered. So the retail physical market for the metals is on fire right now, and the same thing is true for the big money buying the 400 ounce fine gold bars as well.”
April 25, 2013 11:42PM
[www.thetreeofliberty.com]

[www.marketoracle.co.uk]

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 12:25AM by Keith Southern.
April 26, 2013 12:46AM
Hey Keith
Clive Maund is a pretty good technician. I subscribed to him about 5 years ago. Chart reading can be quite telling, but its always good to understand the fundamentals of any given market you are studing as well. The big boys can manipulate the markets short term, and flush out the technical traders, but the fundamentals win out long term. We will not see $1000 gold any time soon. Just too much buying demand out there. If you cant afford gold, load up on silver. It too will fly!
April 26, 2013 12:48AM
Hey Albert I hear you on the Syria situation........

Wait till you see the front page of the The Times U.K. for 3/26/13....

I dont want to post it here but its not a pretty site as far as chemical weapons go....I think this will get the World outraged at what is going on..

Things can spiral out of control quickly ..

Keith
April 26, 2013 12:51AM
I cant afford metal's Possum!!!!!!

too much tied up in detector's....

Oh I have a Eurotek pro on the way LOL!

Keith
April 26, 2013 08:30AM
Keith - Thanks for that Clive Maund post. The name sounded very very familiar - when I was trading as a part of my living he was someone I followed quite a bit. The article is from April 14th though, but I'll keep an eye on him.

Also, regarding Syria and chemical weapons, it is Iran all over again. They have been talking about Iran having nuclear weaps in 2 years for what, 10 years now? The US wants Assad out and they will say anything and do
anything they can to get him out. It is now mainstream news that the US has troops on the border. Please don't go in there... The US needs to try to put it's dollars in as many countries as they can to have a chance, but I
just don't see it working.

Amazing point in that treeofliberty.com article:

"Comex gold depository update for April 25. Moments ago we finally got it, and it's a doozy.
Because in just the past 24 hours, from April 24 to April 25, according to the Comex, JPM's
eligible gold plunged from 402.4K ounces to just 141.6K ounces, a drop of 65% in 24 hours,
and the lowest amount of eligible gold held at the vault on record, since its reopening in
October 2010! "

People are just buying up gold and silver as the prices drop. Not everyone but too many people obviously (not to mention China and Russia!) as the reserves are drying up. This was predicted to happen years ago by the guys over at Gata. The reason it lasted so long is pretty clear now. They had to have also been "leasing" gold stored in America from other countries, at least in part.
April 27, 2013 06:12AM
Very interesting thread.

Precious metals prices up or down, we can all keep mining thanks to this great hobby.

Keith, hopefully you'll never go to rehab for your new detector addiction...I always enjoy your detailed observations and I'm looking forward to your insights on FT's latest.
April 27, 2013 08:46AM
I am just continually more amazed at what these crooks (banks) are doing. I had a feeling they were funneling newly created money into the stock markets and that is why the markets have been going up and up while productivity, employment, etc have been going down. Well, it only takes a little digging but it is true. Just search this on google: "fed putting money in stock market".

[www.forbes.com] Forbes, yes Forbes - How The Fed Is Helping To Rig The Stock Market
[www.moneynews.com] Strategist Peck to Moneynews: Fed's Money Printing Sends Stock Market to Record High
[www.commercialappeal.com] Fed powers up the stock market
[www.foxbusiness.com] (note - I do not support FOX news but I find it intersting that they would even say this.)

So, another small summary of what the criminal bankers are doing (for starters):

1. Fed/Large banks are shorting digital gold to keep the price of gold down (selling "Puts"). They are doing it at record levels, more in two days during the last big drop than physical sales are allowed in the EU in ONE YEAR.
2. Bullion banks are "leasing" gold (really selling it) to make up the difference between the supply and demand differential. They have been doing this during the WHOLE GOLD bull run. This helps keep the price of gold down. See gata.org
3. Fed is buying their own bonds - since buying for the bonds is drying up, they then print more money and buy those bonds (endlessly) with it. Think about this. This is like a one man Ponzi Scheme.
4. As the articles above state (as well as countless other articles if you just google it) a fair amount of money the Fed creates goes to prop up the markets.
5. Syria? - Yeah war is funded by banks. (Why a decentralized, no state controlled money system will help us stop wars, albeit it will take time. Hello Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.
6., 7., 8. add here.

This my friends is called reality creation. Trying to give the sense that gold/silver is weak while the rest of the world is buying it up. Google that if you don't believe me. Just look at the amounts China and Russia are buying up.

Pop goes the the weasel.

Albert

ps - Yes, I really do need to go out and detect winking smiley
April 27, 2013 12:07PM
Kinda makes you feel helpless . Thanks EMS.
April 27, 2013 12:27PM
deathray, I am trying to find more and I have -

This just keeps getting more and more interesting the deeper I go.

Watch from the 13 minute mark on, absolutely amazing and this guy (Andrew Maguire – whistleblower) knows his stuff. [www.youtube.com]

A Gold default has happened. Andrew Maguire is an independent bullion trader and whistle blower who told United States regulators that fraud had been committed. He actually told regulators on what day gold would go down due to what JP Morgan was doing with the gold puts. He was correct and they found that interesting. The investigation is ongoing. Maguire and his wife were injured in a hit-and-run accident a day after he was identified as the source of the allegations. [en.wikipedia.org]

So, what I suspected was happening and mentioned in this thread is essentially true. Physical gold from all holders (individuals and probably countries) has been, at least in part, leased out or sold. So, if anyone has physical gold bars being stored with the large banks, it is probably gone. Many have asked for their gold and have been told that their accounts will be settled in dollars! (in the video).

Mints, Refineries, Brokerages Out Of Stock – COMEX Gold Inventories Plummet [maxkeiser.com]

Albert
April 27, 2013 03:35PM
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

[s474.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 03:40PM by TheOtherLeggoHead.
April 27, 2013 05:24PM
actually, price dropping or not, gold have the same value than thousands of years ago.... always the best way to trade

[coojing.net]
my private website, have a look and share
smiling smiley
April 28, 2013 02:40AM
Hi, If I'm decoding all of this information correctly,this is good news, especially for anyone finding gold rings and silver coins....The key would be to find all you can and hoard it, because physical gold and silver is really getting hard to acquire at any cost.....JJ
April 29, 2013 07:47AM
You just gotta love these criminals......er....... bankers

Eric King: “Jim, we now know the answer to the ‘Cyprus Solution.’”

Sinclair: “Yes, Cyprus depositors have now been flushed. The Bank of Cyprus, the island’s largest bank said it has converted 37.5% of deposits exceeding 100,000 euros into a Class A share, with an additional 22.5% held as a buffer for possible conversion in the future.

Another 30% will be temporarily frozen and held as a deposit. So the amount of money that has been taken from the Cyprus depositors is in all practicality almost their entire accounts. Major depositors funds have now been taken in grand style.

Depositors everywhere are now defined as lenders to the banks. Today is a day of financial infamy. History will see this event as serious as the flushing of Lehman Brothers...

“Lehman Brothers was flushed to create a flow of huge funds into the financial system.

The flushing of Cyprus was done to steal massive funds from depositors. The major percentage of their funds taken were replaced by worthless stock in a bankrupt bank. Up to now everything in Cyprus was speculation as no definitive action had taken place. Now it has.

Are you a depositor in your bank? Then know you are now lending your money to that bank with virtually no return. So the bank earns big money and you get none of it, but assume all of the risk. If the bank goes broke because of their criminal activities, you lose your money.

They’ve taken an accounting title of ‘unsecured creditor,’ and now converted that, in the elites’ best interest, to ‘lender,’ for which there is no supporting case law whatsoever. Get out of the system now or you will pay the penalty. Depositors everywhere will have their money stolen at some point.

Gold is for saving. Gold producers with low cost and low overhead are the only holders of the new supply of physical gold. The price of gold will not only reach our original target of $3,500, but it will greatly exceed that level as the fires that are burning in the financial world turn now into an inferno, but physical gold will allow you to survive the massive blaze and financial destruction.”

Eric King

KingWorldNews.com
Another far right-wing fear mongerer -
April 29, 2013 10:48AM
Eric King... really? This nut-job is another far right-wing fear mongerer.

Here he states that the fluctuating price is a result of the physical movement of gold. [kingworldnews.com]. I thought we all agreed this was a Fed induced drop?

Apparently Eric knows better...
The take from a pair of gold fund managers -
April 29, 2013 10:59AM
A good read here from a pair of gold fund managers: [www.news-journal.com]

Not unbiased but interesting nonetheless.
April 29, 2013 11:26AM
I am glad they chose the word investors. Big difference between those who invest for the long term, and those who speculate daily.

As far as the KWN article, it has to concern everyone that what happened in Cyprus can happen anywhere. And the rules can change whenever necessary to benefit the banks. I think here in the US, with a percentage of people unemployed, a percentage on food stamps, a percentage high in debt living pay check to pay check and a percentage with very little money in the bank, when they do come to confiscate the money over the FDIC max ( which I bet very soon they will lower), there will be very few who get affected, hence very few who scream and yell.

Having some portion of your net worth in tangible assets is not a bad idea.
April 29, 2013 12:40PM
Dont sell your mercury dimes just yet!

Today billionaire Eric Sprott told King World News that the price of silver will soar into “the hundreds of dollars.” Sprott also warned KWN that the central planners’ recent actions will lead to disaster for the global economy. This is the third in a series of written interviews with Sprott that has now been released. Below is what Sprott, who is Chairman of Sprott Asset Management, had to say in part III of this remarkable series of interviews.

Eric King: “Eric, what has you worried going forward?”

Sprott: “These policies of supporting the financial system or the banking system are not going to work. QE1 didn’t work, QE2 didn’t work, now we’ve got QE3 and Japanese money printing. Central banks are (also) now buying stocks.

How much lunacy do we have to have? Just think through it a little. It has to stop some day. We just can’t keep accelerating this without one of two things happening: You are going to get a financial collapse, or you are going to get hyperinflation....
“If you get hyperinflation you are going to have a financial collapse anyway because interest rates have to go up and it’s all over for governments because their cost of interest skyrockets and they are all broke anyway. So it will not end well, one way or another.”

Eric King: “Eric, where do you see silver headed? Give me a number.”

Sprott: “If gold goes to a new high this year, I think silver is going to a new high, which means above $50. Where is it ultimately going to go? I think it will be in the hundreds of dollars. If gold goes to $3,000, silver is (already) going to be (trading) $150 to $250.

That’s a big, big gain from here. You are not going to get those kinds of gains in other instruments. You are not going to get that owning bonds or (general) stocks. The metals are the place to be. It’s so unfortunate that we’ve had this ridiculous selldown here in the face of all things that are great for gold. But there are reasons that people, the central planners, may have wanted to have it down.

If it was the central planners that knocked it down, man did they lose that game because it just ignited the interest in (physical) gold and silver. I just think we are going to be many times higher than we are today. It’s going to be a long-run, we are going to have this bull market go on for another 5 to 7 years.

I just don’t know how high the price is going to be (for silver). There is total insanity going on amongst the central planners right now. You tell me how desperate central banks are going to be and I can tell you how high the price is going to go.”

This is the third in a series of interviews with Sprott that has now been released which discusses the massive surge in demand for physical gold and silver. Sprott also gives some extraordinary price projections for both gold and silver, and spoke about his recent activity in the silver market and more.

%%%%%% Hey Go rebs, ya think Sprott make his billions from some government handout , or did he possibly make good investment decisions thru the years?? Keep readin and learnin.
April 29, 2013 03:15PM
Go-Rebels - The numbers he gave regarding the Cypress article that Possum posted are true numbers (that I am aware of). Also, you attacked Erik King and left out John Sinclair who answered a question and took part in the talk. So, instead of attacking Erik King's character (or finding him guilty by association with some of his ideas), why don't you just tell us what is false about his Cypress comments? I don't see the point in name calling - "This nut-job is another far right-wing fear mongerer." That is like character assasination and totally avoiding what was said.

Regarding the physical movement of gold bringing the price down, I'm a bit perplexed on that comment because just a bit further down in the article that you linked to John Sinclair said this:

"Physical gold will be the primary beneficiary of the ‘Great Unwind’ that is still in front of us. This is why the latest attempt to smash gold in the paper market was met with one of the most ferocious physical buying sprees the world has ever seen. "

The only thing I can think of is that there actually was some physical selling due to the 500 ton gold put option sell off. Remember, it triggered programmed selling and was followed by hedge funds getting out. I imagine some of the hedge funds own physical gold.

Albert
April 30, 2013 01:59AM
April 30, 2013 10:56AM
Rover, with all the hard times around us and everyone living hand to mouth, who has so much cash sitting in banks in excess of the FDIC max? Will the troops wearing blue hats take away our guns or money first?

But I agree with your statement: Having some portion of your net worth in tangible assets is not a bad idea.
April 30, 2013 11:15AM
Albert, this is a classc line; I may have to turn it into a sticky:

... or finding him guilty by association with some of his ideas.

Why would we ever criticize someone based on the basis of their ideas? I need to give Hitler a fresh look...

---

There is a big difference between Cyprus and the United States. We can print money and regulate the money supply through the Fed; Cyprus cannot. As to Sinclair, he states that gold will rise to $3500. Sure... someday. And of course as a gold broker he has some gold shares to sell you. I put Sinclair in the same boat as Glenn Beck... a snake oil salesman who earns a good living peddling fear.

I think I'll stick with the Dow. Eventually that market will surpass 25000...
April 30, 2013 11:37AM
Go-reb...you are so right. Hence why I posted about a large percentage of people that would not be affected by that. BUT.....I would think the first shot over the bow would be lowering the FDIC Max. This is just my opinion.

The only reason it was raised was due to the bail-outs. Now, the operative word is 'bail-in', and after what happened in Cyprus ( which MSM is not covering even a little bit), I think that may be a blue print for more European nations in the Euro-zone, which would boil over the the US. Don't think they aren't mulling this over as an option. Never say never.

Lowering the FDIC max would just allow them to rob more money.

As far as printing money goes, that is why PM's are a valid option as part of ones portfolio. The fly in the ointment is when will China make the push to knock off the dollar as the worlds reserve currency. Right now they are doing it clandestinely via trading with other nations in their currency or gold. Will they continue to buy physical gold in large amounts over the next 2-3 years and then make the big push ? Guess the good thing is, they have lots of problems over there as well.

The entire stock market is inflated. The Fed is creating the wealth affect, yet there are trillions of derivatives out there that when they unwind or implode ( whichever is the catalyst), it will be a quake in the market that will evaporate all that so called 'wealth'.
April 30, 2013 07:32PM
Go-Rebels - Funny you should choose Hitler as your example:

[carm.org]

"Guilt by Association - Rejecting an argument or claim because the person proposing it likes someone whom is disliked by another.

Example: Hitler liked dogs. Therefore dogs are bad.
Example: Your friend is a thief. Therefore, I cannot trust you. "

How about we analyze numbers and facts and not rely exclusively on attacking the person? Is that fair, to look at both? I think so. Go through his numbers and pick out the mistake instead of attacking his character (excusively at least). You jumped over the numbers and just attacked the person. In the case of Hitler, yeah, a crazy man, but I'm sure not everything he said was crazy. Otherwise a nation wouldn't have followed him. I don't mean to get off topic here, but why not look at the numbers, again?

Regulate the money supply through the Fed? ehehehe, that is an interesting choice of words. The Fed REFUSES an audit, which is interesting since they are private. They print money near endlessly and buy back the bonds to back that money with more money they print (A one man Ponze scheme if we look at the definition). They take a lot of that money and inject it to their friends at the stock market, helping to artifically prop it up. They sell tons of gold shorts. They assist in the selling, I mean "leaseing" of gold out of the bullions banks to make up the supply/demand difference to help the dollar appear stronger than it is. Yeah, "regulate money"... Business as usual for criminals in suits.

I thought Sinclair said the price of gold adjusted for the inflation rate should now be 5,000 - 10,000 dollars or was that Gata? Regardless, I think only 10% or so of the price of gold is for it's actual use and the rest is just another value we give it. I don't put people in boats, really, I listen to what they have to say. If it means seeing the truth in the false then so be it, but very rarely is everything a person has to say wrong. We have to learn to discern. Though, I'm no Glenn Beck fan either winking smiley

What Rover said is true, keep an eye on the FDIC insured amount. I know I heard an economist in the last week say the same thing. Keep an eye on the derivative bubble which is again bulging. Keep an eye on the inflation rate. The list goes on and the word "recovery" nor "regulate" does not come to mind...

Albert
April 30, 2013 07:42PM
Check it out. Some good, interesting points of view.

[www.professorfekete.com]
April 30, 2013 08:55PM
May 03, 2013 07:50AM
Federal Reserve Refuses to Submit to an Audit of Germany’s Gold Held in U.S. Vaults [nsnbc.me]

"Dr. Long Xinming (4M),- The German government has been storing about half of its gold supply with the US FED, apparently in the NYC FED vaults. Germany decided to bring home all its gold, but the FED has said that isn’t possible to do, and it would need until 2020 to be able to accomplish the transfer."

Well, does anyone now question that the FED doesn't have the gold anymore? They need till 2020 to return it!

Hard to imagine that a private company (FED) will not allow a customer to check on its gold and refuses to an audit. Is this a move? This is like a DieHard movie, and they probably will Die Hard...

Albert
May 03, 2013 09:31AM
Wow! earthman, that's big. How can this private company get away with that, without the highest backing?
May 03, 2013 10:00AM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! earthman, that's big. How can this private
> company get away with that, without the highest
> backing?

Ozzi - I don't think people really can comprehend this. These banks profit from wars and "leasing" the gold is not a big deal. We are talking about American Hedgemony being at stake here. They must, at all costs, protect their currency. AT ALL COSTS. Manipulating the price of gold and "leasing" gold from the "government" and other countries is a small price to pay, no? I'm sure they will come up with something. But the question is, will the people believe it? Or will they do what Iceland (I think it was them) did and put some of these guys in prison?

Regarding the highest backing, yes, they are back by the military, which they in part control. Further I believe a few of the alphabet agencies are under their control. It doesn't sound so crazy once you start to see how the system works. It actually is the missing piece when you start to connect the dots. A heirarchical structure only needs a few key people for it to fail. There are many many good people in the military (and government, CIA, FBI, etc.) that see what is going on and have for a while. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. They have probably less than a few hundred people (if that) in key positions in the world who are able to sort of direct agendas. But they are not at all in control imo. Time will tell.

Yeah, I admit that last part sounds crazy, but when you start to connect the dots, you are led to the banks and when you start to see who they control... shhhhhhhhh...

Anway, it is going to get really interesting the next few months imo. I expect a few more countries to by "Cypressed" but if that were to happen they might really lose control of things. Bitcoin started rocketing up when Cypress happened. There are currencies just waiting in the wings to take over if these criminals make a wrong move. And they are barely holding on imo. The system is hanging by a thread. They are losing the information war as well. Things are looking good for the good winking smiley

Albert
May 03, 2013 08:58PM
WELL AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS A FULL TIME JOB!

Today Egon von Greyerz told King World News that Swiss refiners are still unable to keep up with the massive global demand for physical gold. Greyerz stated that Swiss refiners are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but simply can’t keep up with the massive orders for physical gold. Below is what Greyerz, who is founder of Matterhorn Asset Management out of Switzerland, had to say in this interview.

“Since we know continued money printing is guaranteed, so is a higher gold price. Because of the exponential increase in government debt governments are desperate to keep interest rates at virtually zero. This week the ECB lowered their rate to .5%.

So now all of the major economic economies of the world, the US, Japan, Europe, all have negative real interest rates. Take US short-term Treasuries, they’ve been at zero since the autumn of 2008. That’s 5 years that short-term Treasuries have been at zero percent.

But these low rates are not helping the real economy. The only beneficiaries are the capital markets. Now rates can’t go lower and so governments are pushing on a string since these rates have absolutely zero stimulative effect. Of course governments couldn’t afford to pay a real market interest rate or a non-manipulated rate on their debts.

So as Mark Twain said, ‘I’m more concerned about the return of my money than the return on my money.’ Well, if you look at government debt today there is no return on the money whatsoever, and there is no guarantee of the return of the money since the value of the money long-term is guaranteed to go to zero because of the continued deficits and money printing.

This is why you have to ask yourself why investors buy non-yielding instruments which will never be repaid in today’s money? Instead, they could own real money, which is debt-free and can never be printed. That is of course gold. This is exactly what is happening right now, Eric, in the precious metals markets.

While the mainstream media focuses on the paper gold price, savvy investors around the world are now buying all of the physical gold that is available. In country after country we hear about how sales of gold are absolutely booming and everyone is running out of stock. Gold dealers and jewelers can’t keep up with demand, to the point that some of them have empty shelves.

People are queueing up to buy gold. Look at the Swiss refiners, they are continuing to have major delays in delivering gold. These delays are several weeks and this is in spite of running at full capacity, 24/7. Refiners’ premiums for prompt delivery right now are around $6 to $7, and it’s been as high as $20 recently.

At some point this extraordinary physical demand will result in a massive surge in the gold price. What will happen to the gold price when the world financial system comes under real pressure again, and money printing has to accelerate?

There will only be physical gold available at massively high prices at that time in order to compensate for what will be a total lack of supply. So investors must not be concerned about the correction in the gold price. It has nothing to do with reality.

Gold will continue to reflect the destruction of paper money. Even with the pullback in the price of gold, over the last 12 years gold has produced a 16% compounded annual return. That gain will only accelerate in the next few years. So investors should just focus on buying physical gold and storing it outside of the banking system.”