Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I broke down and bought a new toy.....

Posted by bigboar 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I broke down and bought a new toy.....
April 08, 2013 05:39PM
Have a new ctx on its way! I know its kind of a stupid post but I feel like a kid during christmas right now...lol
Re: I broke down and bought a new toy.....
April 08, 2013 08:36PM
Merry X-mas !!

What is life without a new toy now and again.

HH
Johnb
April 08, 2013 08:51PM
As a coin machine, none better..... You just need to get ready to dig deep. Loves silver coins

Tom in SC
April 08, 2013 08:57PM
Surprisingly good in iron with the 6" coil too.
April 08, 2013 10:07PM
Have a blast bigboar. It's nice to hear good reports on the unit, especially from seasoned detectorists.
April 08, 2013 10:11PM
thanks guys! I do believe I will get the 6" as soon as I get more funds. I am pretty sure my atgold will still end up being my trashy area machine though...
April 09, 2013 11:44AM
Correct.
April 09, 2013 01:12PM
Enjoy your new toy and the secret to the Explorer series is tonal recognition.

Fortunately this is one hobby where Santa can come more than once a year( are we having fun yet)?
April 10, 2013 12:13AM
bigboar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have a new ctx on its way! I know its kind of a
> stupid post but I feel like a kid during christmas
> right now...lol

Bigboar...you may not know me, you may not like me, you may have never even had a thought about me......but after sharing what you shared, I want to say that you , sir, are my kind of guy!!!!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! Good luck with that CTX!!!! Happy detecting!!!!
April 10, 2013 01:10AM
Congrats on your purchase BigBoar hope you make some great finds with it!!
April 10, 2013 02:10AM
Thanks all! I really appreciate it!
April 10, 2013 06:18PM
Nice!

2 of my Detecting buddies have the CTX and love that machine. They pull a lot of coins out of the ground that are laying on their side and having a water-proof machine is definitely a bonus.... I find it a bit hard to use in the water, but it's certainly worth it because of it's ability to Discriminate and hunt in the really trashy water covered areas (not a lot of 'recreational' water here anyway). I find that it's a bit like the e-Trac in Heavily Iron Infested areas, but is MUCH better at identifying targets when you go 'low and slow' and 'scrub' these type of areas. They've been very successful in a VERY hunted out park and have pulled quite a few coins out of this area at pretty decent depths. Both of them were e-Trac users previously and they both agree that even though the 'depths' are about the same (CTX may be a 1/2" deeper), the CTX is SO much better at ID'ing what's in the ground (at depth) VS the e-TRAC and recovery speed is 'vastly' improved.
Anyway, the CTX really shines, Congrats on your purchase!