Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For NASA Tom????? Bliss tool ltc64xv3

Posted by mountainjack 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For NASA Tom????? Bliss tool ltc64xv3
May 22, 2013 03:54PM
Mr. D. Have you tried one of these machines? If so. Curious as to you're views/opinion. I own one and I'm impressed. But at the same time dumbfounded. Thanks in advance. HH. Jack
Re: For NASA Tom????? Bliss tool ltc64xv3
May 22, 2013 10:14PM
198o's all over again.
May 23, 2013 12:54AM
Yep.
May 23, 2013 11:20AM
Yes. . . . . and yes, 1980's technology.......... resembles overdriven 1266-X.
May 23, 2013 01:06PM
Thank you for the reply. Mr D. I find it amazing that with all the hype and advertising. And the testimonials. That I spent 1300 + $. On. A. Relic to find relics! It works its as deep as my other machine. In the test garden. But I suspected. It might be a bit behind the times. Oh well. Live and learn. HH. Jack. Ps. At least the lipo battery is newer tech. Anyone want to buy a nice battery in an old package? Half the retail price!
May 23, 2013 03:54PM
Tom -- Did they ever send you a Blisstool to test out like they said they were going to? I wasn't around the forums for a little while but I do recall seeing that you were supposed to get one to test out. I'm guessing that never came to be.

If the Bliss was a rehashed 1266, I must have missed something with the 1265 and 1266s that I had...because none of them can even get near the Bliss in depth. From what I have personally used and saw in the field...the only machines I've seen that can surpass it DEPTH wise, are the pulse machines currently on the market. Not bad for 1980s technology. The only downside to it for me was the love for iron. Just when you thought you had the sound figured out between a non ferrous object and a goodie...you dig a hole 12 inches deep for a bent square nail. If the prices of them keep coming down, I will grab one up. It's the only machine besides the pulse machines, to be able to sound off strongly on a minie ball I have buried in my test garden over 12 inches deep. Most machines wont even make a sound on it.
May 23, 2013 04:13PM
Daniel, I think Tom's statement "resembles overdriven 1266-X" is the key to the extra depth. But we all know, you don't get something for nothing......... Stability may be one issue.
I am just guessing because I never purchased one. If the price was lower, I would have just to give it a try.

Tom in SC
May 23, 2013 09:11PM
Yes, I did have one to test. I did make a few small posts in regards to the Blisstool. Also........ the coil wire had bad microphonics issues.
May 23, 2013 09:49PM
My take is that Tom wasn't impressed. With all the hype and happiness going on with and about the Bliss, maybe he figured, why sour the occasion....'mums the word' comes to mind. I may be wrong.