Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ok ALL, I need some HELP ( AT PRO )

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ok ALL, I need some HELP ( AT PRO )
June 02, 2013 02:05AM
How Would You rate the AT PRO, for deepth, for coin huntting in trash, just over all detecting. Has anyone had good luck with this detector? OR should i go with something else. I don,t water hunt much, but could hunt in the rain. Thanks Flintstone
Re: Ok ALL, I need some HELP ( AT PRO )
June 02, 2013 04:25AM
Hey there I've pulled silver dimes at around 9" using the 5x8 coil in thick iron it separates iron very good put a 5x8" coil and it's even better! In regular aluminum trash listen for those high tones that have a very repeatable dig me sound pull your coil up off the ground around 6-8" if it's still loud pass it up it's the top or bottom of a aluminum can.
June 02, 2013 05:13AM
GREAT MACHINE!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and it is EASILY the best bang for your buck for any detector available today... I keep up easily with my Detecting buddies who use far more expensive machines and I couldn't be happier with it. Sure, the CTX and DEUS are better detectors, but for Price / Performance ratio you just can't beat the ATPRO. I paid mine off at least 4 times over in the first season alone and we can only detect for about 6 months out of the year. It's a phenomenal GOLD sniffer and hits hard on Copper, Bronze and Silver as well. You certainly won't miss clad either, especially when you adjust the Iron Audio properly.

Iron and Trashy areas:
The Stock coil is great, but the 8x5" REALLY shines in heavily trashy areas and in Iron Infested sites.

Depth:
The depth of the ATPRO is actually quite good as it is, but when you run the machine 'Hot' (Negative bias or Positive Bias with the Manual Ground Balance) you can REALLY hit on some DEEP targets. Not to mention that hitting 'small targets' is even easier in this mode. Running at 15Khz certainly doesn't hurt either.. If you're in the US, you'll notice that you can pull out those 'Cupronickel Coins' (Quarters, dimes and nickels) at excellent depths.

Other Features:
Some of the features of the ATPRO are pretty phenomenal and I find myself digging a LOT less trash, especially with the Tone-Roll feature and Seperate Iron Audio button.
Other features include the ability to change frequency (4 of them) and that comes in handy in really bad places or around other detectorists, even though the 'shielding' around the ATPRO is EXCELLENT, especially when compared to Fishers, Bounty Hunters, and DEFINITELY Teknetics machines...
The quick on/off Iron Audio button is REAL nice and helps a ton when hunting in trash and identifying targets.
The Battery life is CRAAAAAZY GOOD with this detector and I find that the Energizers work best in my detector with an average of 24-30 hours of detecting with a mere 4AA batteries!
Now add the fact that it's Water-Proof and it's really a no-brainer... Being able to water hunt is wicked, but not having to worry about the odd rain cloud or 'extreme downpour' is the icing on the cake. Cleaning up the machine after a messy day out in the field is a 'piece of cake' and I just 'hose it off' either outside or down in the Basement sink.... (It's just too easy).

Couple of things I wish were different;

-The VDI is a bit small for my liking and I think it would be nice to have bigger numbers
-The screen gives off some nasty glare sometimes, but I find polarized sun-glasses fixes this.
-I think a slight redesign of the grip to more of a 'pistol grip' would certainly reduce fatigue and make the machine a LOT easier to swing, (even though I can detect for hours without stopping). The key is to get the length 'just right'.

I probably missed a lot, but out of the many machines that I've played with, this machine is far and away the best of the bunch under $800.00 bucks!

You can't go wrong with the ATP and I highly suggest it!

Cheers,
June 02, 2013 10:25AM
I'm keeping mine. The 5x8 coil is a must in trash. The super Sniper works closer to iron poles ans fences then anything else I have. It's a good compliment to my other machines.
June 02, 2013 10:42AM
It's in the top 10% for adjacent target separation capabilities..... especially iron.
Follows K.I.S.S. principle.
Average depth performance.
Of all the 'iron hunting' units....... it's the best bang-for-the-buck.
June 02, 2013 11:32AM
The AT Pro with 5X8" coil is great in iron, the other machine I have that will trump it is my Vista Gold but only has iron disc., but doing cellar hole digging anything that is not iron I dig it. For park hunting in heavy iron I find the AT Pro is the way to go. Also still testing my Tek Euro Pro which is the way to go if you have limited funds to spend.
wjs
June 02, 2013 01:07PM
Depth is good and like some said probably the best bang for the buck. But for hunting in trashy places like public parks or places with a lot of aluminum trash I would take an Etrac or Omega. You did not say how much you want to spend......;o)
June 02, 2013 08:42PM
There not the deepest but they work well..I like the At-PRO as well as the T2...depth is comparable..with a slight edge to the T2 of you can but up with some extra gain noise...

It can have some added depth in bad dirt eeked out with some ground bal manipulation...while still being stable...

Good solid machine..

Not sure why they choose to use those coil connectors though..can mess them up ...I know from the Infinium and the Pro...but their managable with care in inserting...

not sure why they stick with those...

Keith
June 03, 2013 02:33AM
Thanks All, I might just stick with the T2se, and see how it will do in trash with the small coil. Flintstone
June 03, 2013 02:35AM
I dug a Large cent next to iron, that I went over many times with my other detectors and dug fifty buttons last spring in a field, it locks on to buttons nice,in the same field , I dug about 10coppers, one 1802 LC and another 1804 half cent