Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Skullies upgrade

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Skullies upgrade
June 05, 2013 07:54PM
I had a broken wire on my up graded headphones for the Xcal. Joe fixed um and added some more mods to include a volume control on them. Ive never had such a clear and loud pair of headphones on my head. These babies put the black widows to shame and will flat blow your ears off. You can set the volume control to your hearing in disc because you are basicly just wanting to hear a beep/threshold change. I believe these will shine thou in PP mode. You can adjust the threshold down a bit and still crank up the volume on the phones and machine listening to those weak threshold changes. A big difference out there i believe especially over the muffled yellows.

Dew
Re: Skullies upgrade
June 05, 2013 08:21PM
Be careful...Dont damge your hearing...sounds like the limiters are out of them...

Of course underwater phones should be louder than the land counterparts for obvious reason's...

I know the BBS machines can get crazy loud on the right phone's...a high silver hit could hurt LOL!!!

Keith
June 05, 2013 08:32PM
Keith.... you can turn them down/off at the headphones..... but you are right about your hearing and any headphone. I use the Pro Gold on the Sov........ and yes they can be loud to, but at least there is a limiter switch as you say. Keith i dont know if you have ever used a water machine..... but most have really crappy phones. These use the same speakers as on the Pro golds.

Dew
June 05, 2013 08:38PM
Hey Dew I have used water machines but never went under water...LOL!!

But it does sound like you have a good setup and glad they are what you like...

I have alway's wanted to try some water hunting yet have never done it...

I have the spot's to get in the water yet they always are on the back burner,,,

Sounds Good Dew!

Keith
June 07, 2013 03:50PM
great to hear that dew. im sending mine back soon and cant wait for the new pair!!!!
chuck.
June 08, 2013 10:29PM
Seeker.... you are going to like the volume control..... makes a huge difference in getting a conforable volume without having to turn the volume down on the machine. Joe's trying to get me to send in my Xcal for the PP mod this fall as well. Had a old timers moment with them today. I was hunting and noticed more volume coming from the left side. I checked wires turned it on and off several times and did the usual messing with the knobs. After a while i got out of the water to see if it was that. Welllllll seems you have to have your headphones on properly over your ears. Keith ive not been under water out there excepth a couple of time......had a couple of HIGH waves i just couldnt get away from. Hit me so hard it knocked my weight belt off, headphones off and the scoop out of my hands. Thats when you are glad everything it water proof.
June 09, 2013 01:47AM
yea, I have about 30% hearing loss so as of yet I have never had to turn the volume down!!!! joe's an awesome guy and has done me a lot of favors!!!!!
lol about the headphones not being on your ear properly, I have done similar things!!!!
chuck.
June 09, 2013 11:15AM
Joe is just a great guy. Hes really learned to take that Xcal apart and does some great repairs for people when he can get his hands on the parts. I like that he can now make his own end caps. Works out great for his PP and headphone mods. Like Tom has said..... the next great machine may well come from someones garage.

Dew