Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus 3.0 is now available (very fast and easy process) for me anyways

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus 3.0 is now available (very fast and easy process) for me anyways
June 17, 2013 05:46PM
nt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 05:59PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus 3.0 is now available (very fast and easy process) for me anyways
June 17, 2013 07:57PM
I wonder if this new update will make a big difference as to how the DEUS perfoms... It will be interesting to see if it surpasses the CTX in some areas with this new update.
June 17, 2013 08:29PM
For me, my CTX doesn't outperform my deus on low conductors or in heavy iron. I don't own the 6 inch coil for the CTX. Maybe in the worst of ground the CTX wins, but my soil doesn't quite fall into that department (t's not great though). I know for a fact my deus outperforms an etrac with sunray 5.5 coil. I'm finding too many finds at a site I pounded with just about all coils available for etrac but the 6 inch excellerator. And the white's V3i with stock coil with fast recovery doesn't run with my deus either. And the stock coil on the V3i aint much bigger than the deus' coil. Not even close in performance in my book. I have one of those too (V3i) in the closet. And that's where it's going to stay. Poor design in my book-pitiful. I think White's spent too much time and resources on the color screen and forgot about basics like coil footprint etc. Go and read the expected depth on the White's 6x10 coil while attached to a V3i. Six inches seems to be about it and that's in good soil. Throw a 6x8 sef on an etrac and run it over an 8 inch silver dime in moderately mineralized soil and listen. You will hear it. I have many times. Heck the 5.5 sunray on an etrac will run with a V3i with 6x10 coil, Hope I don't offend any White's folks. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
June 17, 2013 09:47PM
I agree, ver 3 was an easy upgrade. Now if I could just get time to check out the new features
June 17, 2013 09:49PM
I'm still debating on the 6" coll for my CTX. I've seen a lot of 'mixed' reviews (especially concerning depth) and am having a hard time pulling the trigger on the $300.00 coil (ugggh, that's damn pricey for such a small coil !). Damn Dutch Language on that DEUS I'm using is driving me up the wall! I think I'm just gonna' have to suck it up and send it back to France to have it re-programmed..

Yeah, my buddy has the V3i and he hasn't used it for over a year now.... He sticks to his CTX, ETRAC and DEUS.. (and his ATPRO on occassion).
June 17, 2013 11:02PM
tnsharpshooter - Yes, the E-Trac in moderately mineralized ground with that 6X8 SEF will hit an 8" dime (in my ground). I do think though, at least considering what Keith said, you might want to get that small coil for the CTX (if you are going to compare it to the Deus anyway.)
I did find the CTX much much faster than the E-Trac, so I can imagine there is something to that small coil in iron...

Looking forward to your reports on the Deus V3.
June 17, 2013 11:16PM
The six inch coil cost is way up there. It was deisigned for hunting in the junk. If you hunt in junk then the coil is worth it. You will get the most out of the CTX in that environment. The Deus is a great detector. No doubt about it. Seperating targets was never the problem with mine. Target ID reliability was my issue. I hope the new version makes the Deus better than ever.
June 18, 2013 12:48AM
tn,

I took V3 for a spin this afternoon. The Deus is noticeably faster and it goes deeper. Iron handling seems much better. Try full tones, I really like it!

Pinpoint twice, dig once
June 18, 2013 02:40AM
Forget using the CTX with anything bigger than a 6" coil in iron. It's the 6" coil that will make it shine.
June 18, 2013 02:44AM
Pulltabminer, I took my 3.0 deus for a spin also. Used 4 tone with disc of 6 on a site I've been hunting hard. The 3.0 version seemed quieter in the iron patch with same disc set using the 2.0 version to me. My echo sound with big iron didn't seem to have same echo though. I had my audio report setting at 7 then tried 6. It may have had something to do with the fact I'd upped my tone break to the 800 freq and brought my disc freq down to 100 which is now available with 3.0. Need more time and a few more hunts to hone her in. Did find 2 good buttons with 3.0 version in the worst (most iron) part of the site I've been pounding. I'm wondering if my control pad buttons will last for 5 years. I'm using my deus a lot. Figure I will order a coil battery when it gets real cold and remove and replace unless xp will do it under warranty.

Earthmansurfer- I compared my CTX with stock coil to my deus with stock coil. Nothing wrong with that. I never said the deus is inferior or superior to CTX with 6 inch coil. I'm not paying for a 6 inch coil for the ctx to find out. Plus I don't like the connectors for the coil on the CTX. They look a bit fragile and I don't want to tear mine up swittching coils. I'm finding more small musketballs with my deus than with the CTX. The CTX is finding more than the etrac did. Maybe attributed to coil size or target conductivity. These small musketballs do have inconsistencies with their material makeup. My ground around here is not gentle but not horrible either. I have been in a dig all nonferrous material mode at this 200 acre site for about a year and a half. All I can say is the nonferrous has been streaming in since I started using the deus. I used the ctx equally in 50 co and combined both with minimum disc. I would enjoy a good video comparing the CTX with small coil and the deus with the stock coil. It would be very interesting to say the least. A deus and a CTX make a real combo. I still have the F75se and I like it too with the small coil and one other detector but we won't go there again. Curious has anyone ever stated what they thought the deus reactivity equivalent is with the CTX?? Realizing of course this can be enhanced with small footprint coil like maybe the 6 incher. I would like to see the stock CTX setup compared to the deus with the large coil too. And maybe somebody will comment on how they compare speed wise. And no Albert I'm not buying the big coil to find out. lol I am interested in the 11 inch coil for the deus though if and when it becomes available.
June 18, 2013 06:28AM
CTX with the 6" coil in non-ferrous trash is easier than the Deus with the 9".
Simply because it has a smaller footprint and reads fewer targets under the coil at the same time.

I don't set up any of my detectors for depth when hunting trash, just enough sens to bring those older era coins up.
Amazing what the CTX can do only running at 50% of its range.
Even the Deus at 40% will find the targets I'm after.

TID on V3 has probably been improved, not as much drop down at depth I expect. But when other trash is present under the coil at the same time.
Well you're listening to multiple reports and things get mixed up.

Great thing about both Deus and CTX, you can program the unit to highlight the TID band you're after,.... fine tuning it to the extent of 1 notch in 100.
Or 1 notch in 50.
This variabel audio break on both the high or low conductors is what makes these machines great.

HH
Johnb
June 22, 2013 04:23PM
good on small gold chains with the gold prog ,need a comparison with other brands on this feature ,as there must be many unfound chains in the ground