Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

decided to pull the video

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: I felt the need to share this video
June 28, 2013 01:11AM
Hey Charlives, this is a detecting forum. We are talking about our rights as detectorist. But if you wanna go there, my oponion is screw your anti gun retoric bs. You liberals are the demise of this once great nation. Who are you to say I can't own an AR ? Ill try to stop right here, but be ready for it if you wanna stray into the bleeding heart zone. Ray
June 28, 2013 02:43AM
I think we should make fisher cz-3d get a permit to bring this discourse to Tom's forum---maybe even ban him or at least limit him to 10 words or less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 02:44AM by shoveler.
June 28, 2013 02:45AM
I could agree with a reasonable Fish & Wildlife fee for the state to manage their wildlife and fishing stocks, as all states have charged for the last 100 years. I can't see what benefit the state receives for charging a detecting license fee? Will they be managing the unfilled holes? In other words, the state charges a fee to cover the bureaucratic cost of requiring a license that provides neither the state nor the detectorist any advantage.

If the license opened new areas to detect then there would be an advantage and it might be worth doing. But I cannot conceive of local bureaucrats opening closed areas currently off-limit, since the original concerns they have of damage to plants and grass, unsightly holes, loss of historic artifacts, etc. still exists. And it wouldn't make the already legal hunting areas any more legal.

Currently you might get "hassled" occasionally by someone when they see you detecting, just to ask what you are doing. But with a state mandated detecting license you can bet your bottom dollar everyone will make it their business to ask to see your license to detect (and of course the state will impose a "fine" for not having it on your person). You can't avoid being hassled by the man if you give the state the authority over you to do exactly that.

Lastly, one of the easiest ways to differentiate between wildlife uncovering a plug and the illegitimate detectorist leaving open holes: this generation of boorish, undisciplined youth will leave the junk target still in the hole rather than recover it. The armadillo, raccoon, and skunk will leave small divots with dirt scattered about but will recover their meal: grubs.

Animal holes could be confused with the damage done by that other rodent, the dim-witted punk with a detector. However, the holes left by animals usually aren't as deep and may be grouped together in one area with dirt splayed in one direction. The other species of rodent "Hellion imbecilious" usually leaves gaping holes widely scattered about the park with dirt kicked about and trash left in the hole or lying nearby. These same dim-witted creatures may be seen, when fully grown, inhabiting their mother's basement. They can often be identified by their nasal whining sound. you will notice that they become easily bewildered and confused by simple tasks, and are often seen struggling to form coherent thoughts.
June 28, 2013 03:08AM
Spot on Keith & Ray, hellion-imbecilious that's a good one Johhny hope this is not to far off topic?How many are members of the FMDAC ive looked into it would have to join as independent ,no clubs close to me. Would it be advantageous to join couldn't hurt?What about starting another one just a thought or two! HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 03:10AM by rapidroy7.
June 28, 2013 05:17AM
charlives Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope Roy, as I stated, I'm not fighting. I am
> participating in public discourse.
> I assume you didn't want to add anything to the
> gun debate, but instead wanted to start another
> discussion - "Here's something to ponder how does
> between 2&5% of the populace wich claim to be gay
> make so much noise and get so many rights?" To
> this I would say that when any one group is
> treated unequally, we are all diminished.

I would say that the pro gun advocates are a group are they not?
June 28, 2013 09:27AM
Roy, I'm not a politician. Also, I disagree with your statement that there is no firearms debate going on. People are talking about it at every level.

Keith, I agree with everything you said.

Deathray, Tom started this discussion on guns.
You ask, "who are you to say I can't own ab AR?" Can you own a nuclear missile, or a death ray? I believe we already disallow individuals to own certain things, or put limitations on them. I think we only disagree on where to draw the line.

Godigit, pro-gun advocates are indeed a group. Nobody is saying that we take guns away. Guns are important tools...like a car, and like a car must be regulated for the good of all.
June 28, 2013 01:39PM
Is that you MOMMY? LOVE YOU
June 28, 2013 01:52PM
Guess you missed Toms point Charlives.
June 28, 2013 02:05PM
Nope, not your mommy Roy. What point is the one I missed Deathray?
June 28, 2013 03:10PM
I don't think any government should have nuclear weapons! Its way too much power and too easy.
Of course its too late for that now!!
My problem with new regulations is almost always you never get things back.
Roads closed off for the seasonal breeding of the mule deer for three months of the year. Now the road is never open in the summer even though the sign says it should be.

I think our government has a agenda is why they want to take our defenses away from us. My girlfriend is pro Obama and gun control. I told here when he was elected the last thing he will do is push for gun bans as the democrats always do. And they wait for the second term after reelection then try to push their will on us over gun control.

We need to enforce the regulations we have not make new ones!

Best
Jim
June 28, 2013 03:52PM
Jim,
Thank you for your clear response. As a member of the "duck and cover" generation I absolutely agree with you on nuclear arms reduction. I also agree with you that, in a democracy, once given something it is difficult to take it back. I guess it is one of the problems with majority rule. What's the old saying about democracies not being very good but the best system we've come up with? I understand your fear of governments because I share it. Instead of buying guns though I have decided the best way to keep us safe is to get as many facts as I can and make informed choices in the voting booth. Thanks again!
June 28, 2013 05:46PM
charlives Wrote:
> Jim,
> Thank you for your clear response. As a member of
> the "duck and cover" generation I absolutely agree
> with you on nuclear arms reduction. I also agree
> with you that, in a democracy, once given
> something it is difficult to take it back. I
> guess it is one of the problems with majority
> rule. What's the old saying about democracies not
> being very good but the best system we've come up
> with? I understand your fear of governments
> because I share it. Instead of buying guns though
> I have decided the best way to keep us safe is to
> get as many facts as I can and make informed
> choices in the voting booth. Thanks again!

A democracy is three wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner!---We live in a Republic, charlives
The ignorance (not stupidity mind you) you display in this post indicates you need to first secure an education before any reasonable discourse can resume.
June 28, 2013 07:08PM
Hello Charlives you rember the good "ole" days when you used to talk about your love of exploring cellar holes and the T2 and NasaTom was nice enough along with some other nice members here helped you also? HH
June 28, 2013 08:23PM
Tom - I can appreciate everything you said and Thanks for weighing-in on this topic.
I didn't say . . . should . . . has to . . . or must. I just said it woildn't hurt my feelings
. . . " if ". . . it would help to open up those areas that have been taken away.

Rights, priviledges and all that . . . the world has moved on and this country is nothing more
than a shattered wreck of what it once was. It has gone backwards in just about every respect.
Hard to imagine how much more she can take . . . what a cluster.

I do not expect to ever see this county become again what it was in my fathers day.
There are just too many of the wrong kind . . . especially holding office.

Metal Detecting will probably be the least of your problems in the future.
They already take $6 of every $10 you make now. Wait til you see the next Pres.

Then when you drop dead they want to rob your family for 40% of what you leave behind.
Taxing the DEAD . . . see what you can do about this Rambo,

So Now I read we are up to Nuclear Power and Gun Control ???

It's only metal detecting.
June 29, 2013 01:51AM
mcgov51 Wrote:

> So Now I read we are up to Nuclear Power and Gun
> Control ???
>
> It's only metal detecting.

I understand what you are saying about opening up some places but once you give it up, you don't get it back. Tom was making the point that this society as a whole wants to ban or regulate everything instead of fixing the problem.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
June 29, 2013 02:05AM
I vote straight ticket

I believe in Jesus

I love to metal detect

that's enough to start alot of argument's ... LOL!!!

I am just glad we dont get banned for Our views!!!!

I see the world in black and white so my wife says....not alot of gray area's in my views on thing's...So I stay quite ....rights right and wrongs wrong.

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2013 03:01AM by Keith Southern.
June 29, 2013 04:57AM
Hey charlives,

I really do love this country but we were designed for corruption!
Sure we have a vote but that is where it ends!
It all comes down to who we elect and weather they really vote what the people want or what their backers ( special interests) want. Or for who's making the biggest noise!
We have Bills and we can vote on them and when we vote against them they piggy back them onto other bills and sneak them in the back door! (politicians or any group who does this should be banned)
We really have no control we only get to pick the puppets.
Everything is open to debate.

I'm from Nevada and some might consider me a hick and for the last three years I been on the road mostly in the SF bay area and the political views I've experienced make me proud to be that hick.
Most people here are asleep at the wheel and only driving on three. LOL

We don't as Americans have to yield our sovereign rights to the agencies who serve us YES IM TALKING TO YOU forest service, park managers or you crooked politicians anyway!

Ok I'm done
Be Well
Jim
June 29, 2013 08:17AM
shoveler, I understand the minutia of the terms. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson referred to it as a "Representative Democracy." I must say, your moniker is apt.

Jim, I agree with you, I hope we can clean up the issues in our country. Take care Jim, I'll be done too.
June 29, 2013 11:23AM
Yeah, please be done.
June 29, 2013 11:55AM
Keith Southern
I vote straight ticket ....rights right and wrongs wrong.

Keith, I'm like you, nearly always voting straight ticket, only the other side of the ledger, for the same basic reason.

But living in the Bible Belt makes the choice easy for me. Too many religious zealots that have forgot the Golden Rule...
June 29, 2013 01:05PM
What an array of opinion. All are due to somewhat differing backgrounds. Which one(s) are correct/incorrect? All emanated/initiated from freedom.......... and.......... all are expressed due to freedom.

It is not a matter of who is 'wrong' in this thread......... or who is 'right' ; rather, the bigger picture is: it is the higher understanding that ALL of us (((with all of our different opinions))) (in the end) want the exact same end-resultant. (((((Most folks do not realize this))))).
June 29, 2013 03:05PM
Why do I feel like we are an experiment for the mad scientist (Tom) , lol!
June 29, 2013 05:36PM
shoveler Wrote:
> I think we should make fisher cz-3d get a permit
> to bring this discourse to Tom's forum---maybe
> even ban him or at least limit him to 10 words or
> less.
Whaaaat!!!?............ :-/ ...I wanted people aware of other peoples actions and to see how people feel about the video....I think Wild Bill was angry, he has a right to vent ..just like we all have a right to an oppinion........and yes Ive had racoon and such pull up my plugs.....but I always go back esp if on a public park or someones property.....Thank You for all the comments, Happy Hunting... Dont forget to fill in those plugs... smiling smiley
June 29, 2013 06:00PM
Thats very true Tom!

I think alot of times if my 'Right' Ideas are really 100% right or are they partial wrong or wholly wrong...

But thast the beauty of living in a free land...I have my own free will to make those decisions...

I can vote when I want and I dont have to vote when I see the need not to...I can have religiuos freedoms to worship whatever I like...

theres alot of places in the world where the basic freedoms of choice are not allowed...

Do you think In iran on election day your vote really count's....Do you think you can be a open Christian in North Korea...

One thing I find fascinating and I mentioned it earlier is the things that can cause an argument....

2 are a no brainer...but the other is the metal detecting....its one of the few hobby's I know of that people can become so passionate about that it can lead to quarles..AMAZING theres so much passion for the the metal detector among us as a group of like minded people...

Keith
June 29, 2013 06:41PM
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams
June 30, 2013 02:58PM
In regards to this topic . . . I think for a comprehensive State-By-State & County-By-County
spreadsheet to be assembled for all to see . . . would be a real eye opener . . . as far as what
rights have already been taken away . . . long before I ever came along vs. what little is left.

Except it would probably prove to be next to impossible to accurately assemble . . . depending
on who you talk to and the vagueness of the rules, laws . . .

Guess it all goes back to one of the favorite quotes used on this forum:
You don't know what you don't know . . . do you ?

But if we all pool together . . . we could try.
I know it won't promote MD sales but . . .

AND

I guess there never has been a " National MD Association " ? I don't understand why not ?
This hobby certainly deserves one and its members have spent enough money to have one guide
them with accurate infomation instead of blindly trying to excercise their rights and enjoy the hobby
. . . if great care is used.

Isn't it about time to walk-the-walk ???

I vote for Tom D.

Tom how much of Fla. is open / is closed to MD'g in your estimation . . . 25% / 75% ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 04:40PM by mcgov51.
July 01, 2013 02:58AM
I speculate that approx 20% is closed to detecting.
July 01, 2013 11:18AM
I think everyone has to admit the internet has dramaticly changed what we see and what now becomes a way to move people in a certain direction. It determs whats socially popular and just another way for a small amount of people with personal agendas to monipulate the masses. If we can get something socially unaccepted .... now how can we use that.... and in most cases it seems they justify it by it being unpopular or in some case people dont care one way or the other so they dont take sides..... leaving a small group to change laws and slowly erode our rights. Now days if you dont like these something you put up a Utube with graphic photos and start a cause. We form our likes and dislikes now it seems from the views of other people..... maybe more to be accepted. I guess before this we lived sheltered lives..... but it did keep a lot of Americas values in tact and rights in tack. The world has srunk..... all our rights are now out there for viewing and they have a way to attact them in every home. People faround the world weigh in on our laws much like we do on theirs now days and we see the political pressure from everywhere not because its not popular..... but maybe because its not understood. Are we that irresponsible that every little thing needs to be controlled and eventually money made? If we are.... then i guess the internet is one heck of a tool.
July 01, 2013 12:29PM
Thank You Tom - I was surprised at that number . . . assumed it was much higher.
Compared to my our state of Maryland that's actually encouraging.

Dewcon - I have had a lot of the same thoughts you expressed above.
You have to be very careful when traveling todays mis-information hwy.
Days gone bye were simpler times indeed.
I welcome a better idea or higher understanding but I avoid and reject manipulation
at any cost. Inevitably though you will be duped, there's no avoiding it.
July 01, 2013 04:04PM
I think the shame is being about to see the masses moved in a certain direction do to manipulation or just following the other sheep just because they dont believe it affects them. It may well not THIS time.... but watch them whine when it does.... by that time its to late.

Dew