Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I guess the Nokta is next ,,,,,,,trying to decide on the Golden Sense or the Velox 1

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Too many detectors not enough time...

anyone got any info on one yet?

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 07:52PM by Keith Southern.
Hello there Keith, George Kinsey had a velox one for a while and kept a vista smart over it, but he did say it was good machine but wasn't all that hot on silver
Golden Sense Keith

watch the vids on them - seems like a great machine - really deep!

Let me (us) know how it/they work!
Thanks for the info Brandon and Michigan...

Not being hot on silver sort of sounds good for relic's...

Anyone looking for a minelab let me Know...I might let one go...MIGHT...

Keith
Hey Keith,
Have you tried out that new 5 x 8 coil on the vista gold? Shes a hot one in my soil.
Keith, you might need a 12 step program, haha. I'd love to buy that ctx off ya, but gotta move 3detectors first, which takes time.
Not yet Possum...

I am working on getting one though...

too many irons in the fire LOL!!

I still think the Gold is an AWESOME relic detector..when used with purpose..

I am sure the small coil in iron sites ups the ANTE...

Hopefully before to long I will run one...

Thanks for the info

Keith
i have one for my relic Keith and done a lot better in pounded sites, picked up a lot more buttons that's for sure I really want a gold again with this coil I think now you would do very well in sniping!
Hey Keith there's a Nokta Golden Sense for sale on Friendly detecting forum, may save you a buck or two!!
Does anybody have info on the AKA Signum 7272 ??
Los Alamos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anybody have info on the AKA Signum 7272 ??

Yes all the menus are in Russian so it will be hard work to figure it out
I don't think you will ever find that 100% detector. But I think you will have fun trying.
Post removed.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:07PM by BeeMan458.
Beeman, the operator is the most important aspect. Get an f2and go have fun..sheesh
deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 11:04PM by Pimento.
Re: I guess the Nokta is next ,,,,,,,trying to decide on the Golden Sense or the Velox 1
July 14, 2013 02:51PM
Ha Ha Ha !! BeeMan wants to get it exactly right when he buys. Some shoot from the hip, some take careful aim.
Post removed

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:08PM by BeeMan458.
Post removed

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:08PM by BeeMan458.
Beeman: regarding quality tools, your previous experience is relevant here. It's worth you spending money on good quality digging tools. They take a beating doing MD work, and tools that look like they would be long-lasting when used for gardening will break in weeks when used for MD.

And regarding extreme depth claims by manufacturers: VLF detectors have fundamental physics to contend with. The ground gives a signal. A shallow coin gives a signal much larger than the ground, so it can be detected easily. A 6 inch deep coin gives a signal similar to the ground, but with care, it can be discerned reliably. At 10 inches, its signal is 1/10th that of the ground, and reliably and repeatably giving a dig-tone is a challenge, and this is where the best machines all have the same problem. Getting ANY more depth is difficult, you just run into issues like unwanted false signals, inconsistent tone ID, sensitivity to EMI / general noise. Any claims of target depths over 12 inches always means LARGE targets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 11:09PM by Pimento.
Additional reply (sorry for dragging this off-topic)
Firstly, beware air-tests. My previous post explained the ground problem. It's possible to make just about ANY machine give great air distances, just up the gain anywhere in the signal path (transmit more signal / use more receiver amplifier gain / fit a bigger coil etc). But it won't get you 1/16th inch (1.6mm) deeper in the ground, if your ground is anything like 'typical'. As an example, the Tek T2-LTD and Fisher F75-SE have a 'boost' mode, that basically increases the system gain, and it gives +40% extra air-depth. Tom D has posted on here somewhere about airtesting a US gold 1 dollar coin at 20 inches (50cm) with these machines. But in the ground, I would be very impressed if anyone has dug one of these coins from more than 9 inches.
All detector manufacturers use some kind of 'spin' in their advertising, but some are worse than others. This is why the advice of detectorists re. what actually works well in given real-world situations is worth listening to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 11:08PM by Pimento.
Post removed

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:09PM by BeeMan458.
Beeman, for some reason you don't like what I'm telling you. But for what its worth, I may be the only one that knows your area...and I AM a contractor, btw, lol. Depth is not your biggest issue. Seperation in iron is...and you overanalyzing everything. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just blunt. The two detectors you picked are perfect...I use a gb pro myself. Now pull the trigger, and find something!
Post removed

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:10PM by BeeMan458.
BeeMan.

In my opinion you will get screwed buying a GoldenKing.

You are much better off with a Fisher GB pro

Maybe you know something about a different Turkish detector. The Biohunter. It can tell the difference between old and new gold. Sold by Kellyco to.

How is this possible ?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 07:15PM by frnifo.
Alright ill focus on your Nokia...it is NOT the detector you want to start out. Ill let others explain why.
Post removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:11PM by BeeMan458.
Post removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 10:11PM by BeeMan458.
T2 not a good choice for wife, imo. Go gb pro, at pro, tesoro, the 705. Gonna be very blunt again, been trying to convey this to you. You can read all you want, but you really don't understand it. This is making your decision MUCH more complicated than it needs to be. I don't know why I keep trying to help you out. You can get a ctx, and someone with experience using a 10 year old Tesoro will do better...you gotta just get out there and detect. Heck, you might die before you ever pull the trigger. One more thing, don't worry about ground balancing with the newer detectors... most have a push button type of gb...very easy. If you want my honest oponion on the best detector for you guys, get a garret at pro. Can be set up in a variety of modes, handles our soil well, exceptional seperation in iron, has accurate I.d., push button g.b. and won't break the bank. I love mine.
Yes dont buy the Golden King LOL!!

I like to try detectors out that have copied the GMP......someties a copy can do more than the original in certian thing's....

Dont look for alot out of a turkish company though..And I dont mean that in a rude way but the lower end units would be my limit...and then I dont want to spend the 1000 to get one...I hope to find a Velox one for about 500 or so used and then see what its about...

Detector manufacturer make alot of claims..espeacially the ones overseas...

It's up to us to weed out the Non sense form the real deal..but sometimes there's a gem or two lurking out there...

GMP best Euro machine to date ...Just hard to get here in the States...Weird is it not you can get turkish machines and Bulgarian machines here but a GMP which is the top of the class can't be bought legally because of a Freq in the wirless headphones..
I really think XP is missing out on some good sells by not changing the freq or deactivating the wirless..for the purest its better than the DEUS at half the price...

Keith
Post removed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 10:52PM by BeeMan458.