Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here ya Go Keith.. GARRETT'S NEW MACHINE

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here ya Go Keith.. GARRETT'S NEW MACHINE
August 16, 2013 08:20PM
Out this fall........

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Here ya Go Keith.. GARRETT'S NEW MACHINE
August 16, 2013 08:53PM
I love it!!!!!!

teasing us again with blurred video's...

It seems it's the new infinium.....And about time too....

Looks like they have gotten away from those older P.I. coils they use...prone to failure...the weakest link in the infinium is the coil....

The Infinium is a serious P.I. machine...they have a unique I.d. system that works off ground bal like the TDI or Goldscan but theres is always stationary..i.e. the tone breaks around zinc no matter where the ground may have tracked..

I think they choose the tone to break there becasue that is where the depth drops off too and zinc is not the most wanted...unless you are after 3 ringers and they report there too or very close....yet the low conductors on the infinium for relics is awesome...

I do hope Garrett has took theyre pulse to the next level and offering single tone report instead of the echo report on targets...dropping down to 1 tone instead of 2 tone's on each target will be a plus.. theyre recon already does this ..2 tones but only one at at a time...

I also hope they have figured out some sort of more reliable Iron i.d.!!!!Could you imagine...

I am excited right now ....I knew they had a New Infinium in the field test mode...

Brent is very busy down there...

He seems to have Gave Garrett a shot in the arm so to speak and brought them to the forefront of affordable world class technology..

I have said it before if all I had was a AT-PRO and an infinium I would be happy...

might be an AT-PRO and an Infinium 2 now!!!

Good for Garrett.. they are spending money on R&D technology!!!

Thaks for the info Tom!!

Keith
August 17, 2013 03:37AM
So they are going to beat out Fisher and Tek or will that be reversed? Will it have target ID, tones?...well I will tell you it is about time we will be able to read about something new coming and being tested..It was the same old nothing for so long. We startedt to buy hard to find Euro machines with mixed feelings. Now we are back in the USA..Let this detector have us all saying wow never hunted like this before...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 04:29AM by Lawrenzo.
August 17, 2013 04:06AM
their add says "new pulse technology". its a pulse machine and it may be waterproof !!! that's about all I get from their add.

chuck.
August 17, 2013 04:47AM
Unless it can tell iron it is no use to me. But Garrett seems to have it rolling right now. Good for them.
August 17, 2013 10:35AM
I remember reading Carl Moreland of White's mentioning that White's was working on a new water PI. Now we hear that Garrett is going to release a new PI this fall.

From the current Youtube Garrett marketing teaser video the new Extreme PI is targeting Minelab territory? Tested in Australia, video shot in Australia, showing small gold nuggets.....

Right now forums are buzzing with speculation, everyone is excited. Just like when Garrett released the AT Pro and Gold...........Of all those who are excited, how many will actually
even try a PI after using a discriminating VLF machine?

Now I hear Fisher is working on some super duper machine...................

Maybe the advancement on VLF machines has stagnated and the manufacturers are looking at the PI which Minelab has pretty much cornered. So if Garrett can build a waterproof PI to compete with the Minelab GPX5000 at half the price..............................is Minelab powerful enough to squash Garrett? Have the PI Wars started?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
JR
August 17, 2013 11:25AM
I love the speculating that comes with the release of information on a new detector which is coming soon. It's like getting a gift package and having to guess what it could be. Maybe this one will have GPS that senses what country you are in and changes the display to that language LOL
August 17, 2013 01:23PM
I'm not gonna get too excited. When the AT Gold was shown in teasers, I was convinced that it was going to be their new PI unit too. I sure would like to see a new PI unit though, that's not $3,000+....even if it only got 3/4 of the depth of the Minelab, I would be happy if it had a similar iron discrimination to it.
August 17, 2013 02:27PM
In my opinion Garrett had a game changer with the AT Pro/ Gold detectors. After you factor in the price you have a very good detector that can hunt with the big dogs. Maybe not as deep as some but still a very competative unit. I think they are about to do the same thing with a PI unit. And they beat Whites with the waterproof TDI. One thing I always heard was that Minelab hated the Excalibur because of the the money involved with water detector repairs. Garrett doesn't seem to mind. The are sticking to the AT Theme.
August 17, 2013 05:36PM
Wonder how much Garrett wasted on that worthless video? Their marketing strategy is a counterproductive game of hide 'n seek in hopes their illusivness will generate hype. Nope. Rather, they generate confusion and unrealistic expectations that are dashed when the machine fails to live up to the hype - as they always do.

Then sales fall-off and you can buy one cheap on eBay six months later.

If you want to sell something - anything - show and tout its strengths upfront. Be honest about its limitation (oh, it's an "Extreme" PI detector now is it?) and overcome their hesistiancy by showing they actually need the thing.

All these videos succeed in doing is to piss-off people with smarmy corporatet marketing tricks. Wise up Garrett!
August 17, 2013 07:08PM
I'd say garret is at the top of the heap right now Johnny..are you saying the at pro and gold didn't live up to the hype, now sales are slumping??
August 17, 2013 07:33PM
Did you so soon forget how Minelab launched the CTX? This marketing strategy has become the current rage...
August 17, 2013 08:15PM
A bit like movie trailers,... just watch out you haven't seen the best bits up front,... and the rest is pretty dull and boring!

HH
Johnb
August 18, 2013 01:10AM
If they have a pulse delay of 8 micro seconds and iron reject or tone beak on iron they have my attention. Hope it's not just another reworked detector that's water proof with a flashy look to it.
August 18, 2013 02:06AM
Yes this seems to be the NEW way to introduce detector's...this is the world we live in now...Were all developing A.D.D. it so seems with all the info we now have available.Look over here,, hey look over here,,, yoohoo look this way,, on and on and on....So the Marketing department trys to hold our attention for more than a nano second.....

Yes Minelab had the Count down clock.....

First Texas If I remeber correctly used a cloth covered machine in a picture for the F75...Letting us Know it was coming soon....But we all could tell it was built like the T2 by the shape of the underneath form...

I have paused the New Garrett video and I see the large cam locks on the shaft that the Recon pro uses...and the box is under the arm and looks like the recon pro box...
too bad because that thing is heavy...

Makes me wonder if we will be able to swap coils or are they hard wired like the recon.. with that pole setup I would think hardwired since its a telescoping system with the coil wire inside in a coiled cord fashion with no way to get to the plug....

The recon uses 1 of 2 tones for a target report instead of the double tone for a target report like the infinium...

I am sure this is the infinium replacement...I was told a few moths back by a reliable source there was one in the field built off the recon...

We just better hope the new one retunes automatically..The recon does not and after every target you have to return the treshold via a button.. in a campsite it gets annoying quick....but I would almost bet they have included the auto tune function for the hobbyist...

Its probably not ground breaking P.I. design .But It may be more USEFUL...by this I mean 1 tone per target and mayeb they have added the iron check switch on a button instead of a knob you have to turn like the infinium has...

I know the Iron check on the infinium is not foolproof for iron but it some spots it works nicely if the target is not to deep...

I hear they have low problems with the recon setup compared to the infinium..so maybe it will also add to reliability...

and who knows maybe they have added a trick or 2 to the platfrom...But the biggest should be single tone report per targe I would think...

one thing about the recon setup though is I dont think its waterproof but to about 3 meters. unless they have done something different the battery box cant go too far underwater just like the At-PRO...Actually same type door rubber seal system is used on the recon...But maybe they have changed some of that around...

By the way I like the way the T2 came out...it was just there one day and everyone was a bit leary of it...I bought one quickly..Just for the Namesake Tekentics..and was blown away.. everyone was saying it was a bounty hunter...Now its one of the legend's in the detector hall of fame...

if something is good you dont have to tease us..We will figure it out...

Keith
August 18, 2013 01:58PM
Here's my take on detectors I have learned this the hardway. I went through a stage of getting the newest and best thing since sliced bread only to be pissed and aggravated that I got rid of a better machine to get a pile of junk that was useless to me and my hunting style. What works for me may not work for others or vice versa. The best way to figure out if a machine is right for you is to find who in your area sells these or if one of your hunting buddy's has one go take a look at it and see how it performs. Keith turned me on to the AT detectors and they work for me. Which I was using a Tejon before that and liked it to so now I have a AT-Gold and a Tejon and they perform quite well for me but maybe not for others. I hate to see people run out and buy these high dollar machines only to turn around and get rid of it cause it's not for them and lose a ton of money on doing so.
August 18, 2013 04:50PM
I do not think the coils on the Recon are hard wired.

I hope the unit is more EMI resistant than the Infinium. Garrett has my interest.
August 18, 2013 06:17PM
The Recon can be bought wth 2 coils. They are not hard wired.
August 18, 2013 06:58PM
88 -- I agree and at the same time, disagree with ya. I agree that there is not a magical detector out there...nor is there a perfect detector. If I may, I will use the cliche that detectors are just tools...each one has a specific thing it is excels at doing. Detectors that are noted for extreme depth, usually don't work well in trash because of the type filters they use, and or they normally run a slower recovery speed. A machine that is very good in iron trash, or trash in general, usually doesn't get as extreme in depth, because the recovery is faster and deep signals can come out as being clipped short and thus ignored as trash. The Pulse machines are a tool of their own....and a VLF just can't compare to the ground unmasking capabilities of a PI machine. It's not so much as the pulse machines can reach into untapped depths that VLFs can't achieve...it's that you would be simply amazed and in awe at the good targets that lurk well within the reach of VLF machines...that highly mineralized dirt will cause the VLF to interpret the signal as iron, or not see the target at all. I've seen this on hundreds of Civil War relics that I've put into my pouch from sites ranging from middle Georgia to northern Virginia.

If you live in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, or anywhere else with ground that has a high natural iron content to it...you owe it to yourself to try a pulse machine out. They certainly have their limitations, but if a company ever comes out with one that can achieve iron discrimination that doesn't cost $4+ grand, and is in the more affordable price range...I feel it would be a huge seller and people would be shocked at the amount of coins and relics they have missed with VLFs in this ground type. Heck, if the Whites TDI just had iron discrim on it, I would be perfectly happy with it. It goes plenty deep. I have been a part of this myself...and I stood in shock at what all I dug in an area about half the size of a football field. I had hunted it for 3 days straight with my F75 and dug a lot of good stuff out of it. By the 3rd day hunting it, there wasn't any signals left in it that I could obtain. After this hunt, I had gotten a Whites TDI and we made a return trip to this same site. The ground hadn't been plowed or tilled since our last visit there...so it was the same condition it was in the last time I had hunted it. My goal was to simply hit it there a few minutes, because the TDI was good at finding buttons and I felt I could possibly find a few leftover buttons that might have been out of reach for the F75. Long story short...I ended up spending another 3 days in that same spot, and never had reason to move. I dug over 100 MORE dropped and carved bullets from that same spot, about 20 buttons, j hooks, etc...and a breastplate. I still had the same F75 with me...a friend of mine was using it right beside me...and it just wouldn't give a diggable signal on 95% of the good targets we checked....the ground was so hot that it just couldn't see the stuff...even while running in motion all metal mode. Instead of giving a signal, it would give a BOING like sound...the F75 and T2 do this over a hot rock. That's the signal it would give...which the ground was so hot, that it would do this on the bedrock chunks laying there on top of the ground too...so you couldn't possibly dig all the BOING sounds....they were every few feet. The pulse machines didn't even make a peep on those things...and ran quiet as a church mouse until you were over a target, or until another pulse machine got near you, and then they would chatter. All of these signals were 10 inches or less deep....well within range of the F75 and all the other detectors there. People would see me digging and that I had been in one little area for so long, and come over with their VLF machines trying to bottom feed...and then leave after not hearing anything to dig. All the while, I was having to go to the truck to unload my pouch at around lunch every day, due to the weight of bullets and other relics that were dragging my pouch off my hip.

So that said...don't discount a pulse machine out. Hopefully this NEW one might have some better iron identifying thing to it...and not cost an arm and a leg. The Infinium wasn't as deep as the TDI, but works pretty good for a man not wanting to spend over a grand for a pulse machine.
August 18, 2013 07:26PM
I ain't saying a pulse machine is a bad thing I know their deep but in my sites their's to much iron to even attempt using one. Maybe like you said if they came out with a way to tell ferrous from non ferrous targets it would be a heck of a gold & relic machine, as long as it don't tote a GPX price. I live in North Georgia so yeah my soil isn't very good. What area of Tennesee are you from Daniel?
August 18, 2013 09:53PM
Good to Know on the coils...

On My recon I saw a flyer for a larger coil but was not sure how to get it hooked up...that pole system they use is very robust by the way....

I may also add the Recon is the most solid built machien I have ever swung...Little heavy but truly built like a piece of ARMY gear...Well I gues it was designed as such..

I know of a couple of people have modded the recon to accept the Infinium coil's....

I actually like the 9 inch recon coil pretty well...it seemed to be built a heck of alot better than the infinium coil...

I notice the video shows the AT type DD coil on the new machine.... I have preffered the mono on the pulse machines I have ran....But I have never ran a DD BluntTip coil on a pulse so it may be the cats meow?

Just have to wait and see...and least something new is coming out on P.I. scene...I really love the way a P.I. works in principal and in the field...Alway's look forward to and new release.!!

And Garrett usually treats us right on the price...One thing I can say for Charles He does consider His price points at more real world number's...even if He has to do some repair work along the way because the quality is not up with the best, He still treats us right on the cost of labor and such...Heck They rebuilt a infinium for me and put a new coil on it that was 4 years out of warranty and only charged me 50.00 Buck's...

Keith
August 18, 2013 10:09PM
Yeah Keith Garretts customer service is excellent they take good care of people using their machines and don't charge an arm and a leg to fix your machine if it ever requires service that means a lot in my decision on buying machines
August 18, 2013 10:30PM
I can agree with Garrett's repair service, in the past bought two Gti1500's at different times, sent them in for a once going over. They came back postpaid with new coils, no charge.
And they are always happy to ship any needed parts that might be in stock for any machines...........

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 18, 2013 10:59PM
charlie's kinda slow to change! he made detectors in that
"puke" color green for years,and years.don't expect garrett to change their ways over nite!
even when a lot of people told him his detectors don't get any meaningful depth,he still didn't listen. continued to "puke"
on the machines,until finally saved the company with government security contracts joke was/is charlie makes (1)
good detector,and it's the "pro-pointer!"..ehe! he! he!.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 18, 2013 11:30PM
Sure j.t. and what about the A.T.'s?
August 18, 2013 11:43PM
Yeah the propointers are great but the AT's are in my book the best bang for your buck and smokes most machines that cost twice as much. And the ones who bad mouths them usually change detectors as often as they change their underwear and don't take time to learn them.
August 19, 2013 02:23AM
yes! i hear charlie did get it right with this one,and as a bonus,
a decent color too!..for the first time in a long ,long,time i may actually try one!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 02:27AM by jmaryt.
August 19, 2013 02:33AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah the propointers are great but the AT's are in
> my book the best bang for your buck and smokes
> most machines that cost twice as much. And the
> ones who bad mouths them usually change detectors
> as often as they change their underwear and don't
> take time to learn them.

well that ain't me! i forgot to mention the (at!)..it seems charlie's got a winner there!
i dislike the older stuff no depth,and they always looked like somebody "barfed"
on 'em,plus that 'god awful" "boing,boing" tone was super annoying...i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 19, 2013 03:30AM
Yep, I bet that exorcist green maid them lose more sales than they know. Funny, I have never purposely used my AT Pro in anything but pro zero mode....but I accidently changed it once and was trying to figure out what that godawful bell tone meant, lol.
August 19, 2013 06:40AM
From the video got a glimpse of a unit very similar to the Recon with same type handle, shaft etc, Looks to be the same type setup but with a different coil design than the Recon like the AT Pro coil design or very similar to it. Even seen the same type backpack used for the Recon, Check out the video again and pause it for a second here and there.

Hope they fixed the retune issues the Recon has, Not that much a big deal but with the Recon find it has to be retuned quite often with a press of the retune button on the handle to bring back the steady threshold. If it incorporates the same Threshold tracking as the Infinium then that would be great, The Recon does have some cool features that are great hope they kept these.

A small elliptical mono coil would be great, Not DD then it will sensitivity to the smaller finds.

I would image it to be an improvement over the Recon, Yet priced allot lower hopefully under two grand. Compare the pics from the few sneak peeks on the video.