Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank you MINELAB!

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thank you MINELAB!
August 24, 2013 04:10AM
My stock CTX coil went bad and MINELAB emailed me a shipping label and I sent it in last Monday, they called me 2 days later on Wednesday to tell me then were sending me a new coil, which arrived at my house today.

That's what I call excellent service!

Aaron
cdv
Re: Thank you MINELAB!
August 24, 2013 12:55PM
Always good to hear the good stories about Minelab service....seems most all we can read are the negative stories, thanks for that Aaron.... by the way, what were the symtoms of your coil failure?

Cliff
August 24, 2013 05:06PM
The detector was acting very erratic, almost like bad EMI, a message kept popping up on the screen "coil not connected". I think there was a short in the cord, where it connects into the coil.
Tom and I were both trying to figure it out on Cocoa Beach and we both agreed there's alot of stress on the cord in the area of the CTX where makes a sharp bend down then up, internally into the pole.
Might be something MINELAB may want to address, if not already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 05:07PM by Aaron.
August 25, 2013 02:23AM
Glad they got it fixed for you Aaron..

I already miss my CTX.....Humm might have to do somthing about that....LOL!!

In my opinion its the best do anything machine on the market right now with the right coil and right setting's...

Never thought minelab could build a machine like the CTX to perform in iron..Lot's of extra that's not needed to drive up the price...its a true multi machine replacer though..

Its a cadillac in all senses..Deep ,accurate, well behaved,forgiving,built solid,cutting edge technology...the adjsutable tone break does it for me with the small coil....

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 02:24AM by Keith Southern.
August 25, 2013 05:20PM
Hey Keith,

You may have told me this before, where did you set your tone break in heavy iron?

Thank you

Aaron
August 25, 2013 06:07PM
Hey Aaron

I set the ferrous line at 31Fe...

everything below 31 to 35 is low tone 130Hz..

And I like the combined mode...And leave the Conduct bins stock...

Now if its a million nails and its not producing nymore find's.. I like the conduct only wide open screen and multi tone...listen for all the little low blubs in the high ringing....the blubs are the targets you will go after...

these are the real small thin targets that end up over in the left bottom....they are real low condcutor's...

you wont get them in the ferrous screen because they read on the nail line....

I wish there was a way to run combined then divide the bottom bin in half left to right...but you cant so what ever you cant pull out of iron with fast on and high trasheselected in combined mode you will have to go back in with the conduct wide open and pick the low blubs out f the high sqeals...

what I do like about th CTX more than anything though is the way it runs in combined mode vs the exporer or etrac, this is good for 90% of your hunt's...

Dang I miss my CTX....LOL! What a piece of work it is....

Keith