Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Okay, I'm getting fired up!!!

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Okay, I'm getting fired up!!!
August 29, 2013 09:27PM
My hunting pal has lined us up with...not one...but TWO hunting places located on private property in Mississippi in the town that was occupied by Confederate Forces before, during, and for a short while after the Battle of Pittsburg Landing. (Shiloh). Next Wednesday we will both be off ALL DAY and the temperature outside is going to be AWESOME!!!!!! High in the lower 80's, nights in the upper fifties. SaWeeeet. I'll carry my AT Pro with large coil attached and when/if I hit a beloved bed of nails I will immediately switch to the small coil. Both of these places are in a field that stays mowed close. Stuff HAS been found there in the past by the few who have had permission. Frankly...me?....if I just find a nice bullet...or better yet...a nice button....I will be tickled. But that first find just sets a man a jonesin' for that next good tone. It's going to take exactly 6 days to get here but it will seem like a month, I have always wanted to hunt this place. Finally!!!! Man, I am digging iron, .......everything!!!
I have found that after I use my sidegrinder on my Predator shovel and put a keen edge on it, that if I spray that entire blade with silicon (Jig-a-loo from Wal Mart) spray, that it will significantly help the digging. This afternoon, although it is 93 degrees outside, I am going to a new place in my hometown (that I have only used the F5 with large coil on) and use the AT Pro with small coil to see if I can coax a silver dime out of the ground. Or maybe more. Happy Hunting!!!!! kevin
Re: Okay, I'm getting fired up!!!
August 29, 2013 10:08PM
Oh boy, I wouldn't be able to sleep I'd be so excited! Those sound like prime spots there, my friend!! I wish you nothing but silver & gold smiling smiley

Joe
August 29, 2013 11:16PM
Sounds like a great time ahead of you Kevin. I know that if I ever found a confederate bullet I would be happy for days. Being in Ohio I haven't found one yet...lol.
August 29, 2013 11:56PM
Corinth or Iuka?
August 30, 2013 02:37AM
Ahhh how nice of you to invite all of us along Kevin smiling smiley That is why you are letting us in on this, right? A little bit of a teaser with the history of the sites, knowing that stuff has been found there before, and then when the hunt is gonna take place, and a sense of the general area that it is in....it's a forum invitation smiling smiley

Hahaha.

Happy huntin' my friend.

I may break out the AT Pro in the water at a couple of my camp sites and see what I come up with.
August 30, 2013 02:45AM
Alright Kev! Forum hunt, lol. Good luck!
August 30, 2013 03:46AM
Sounds like you have a good spot. Good luck.
September 06, 2013 06:36PM
Oh, I didn't see this post! LOL Yeah...a teaser. ngrelic....correct....one of those.
But guys. This campsite is COVERED wityh Poison Ivy and has been hunted to death by persons who flat refuse to put their scrap metal into a one dollar nail apron. They though it back in the holes they dug. I doubt that I go back. This would have been a killer spot if it hadn't been hunted to death. There were several firepits that had been dug up (with green glass shards strewn around the edge). Yeah, I guess I was so happy to have a good spot (I thought) to go hunt, I wanted to share it. But little did I know that it was old news. There was CSA buckles and Parrot shells and all sorts of stuff come out of it. I was hoping for a find of a lifetime but in this area/town.....everytime a dozer scratches some land, there are 10 detectorists pouncing on it. It's ridiculous and it is the main reason that I will never again spend over 1000 dollars on a machine. Just my personal conviction. I'm not saying that my conviction is based on any common sense (I would have to borrow that) or wisdom(that too). But man....I have hunted just a few sites where I was the first one there and know the feeling of wonder....that awesome feeling of...."I cannot wait until my next day off". Sadly, I must make do and be grateful that I can even find a bullet even now and then. Not feeling sorry for myself (maybe a little), but just facing the cold hard truth. Then again, I could go back to that campsite in the dead of winter, and accidentally stumble over a breastplate or buckle (never found either).
But if any of you guys where down here ( I mean, what are the chances of all of y'all meeting here at one time), there is nothing I would love more than to hit a few spots. Have lunch. Get refreshed. Hit a few more spots. Ya know, I am to the point where I am as happy when my hunting partner is successful and I'm not. Just to get to hold the relic is just about enough. Or old coin. I mean, I have several plaques full of buttons and bullets (not near as many as you fellas probably) but they just don't mean as much as when they first come out of the ground.
Before I close my little novella, let me say this: I graduated with a girl, who is married happily now, and lives in Chattanooga on the border of a big battlefield. A BIG one. She has given me permission to come over and dig all her land. We were friends in school. But there's no way guys. There is no one I can trust to stay overnite with momma (I've said it before but will mention it again, momma has endstage Alzheimer;s, bedridden, stomach feeding tube, catheter) and after 3 years of day in and day out caring for her, I am just frightened to let anyone else be entrusted to it. It's kind of like being imprisoned. (and yes....I know that feeling)
But someday guys, and no, I don't yearn for it, because it would mean the passing of my mother. I promised her and I WILL KEEP MY PROMISE that she will never see the inside of a nursing home.....nothing at all against those places but it was her wish. And I aim on a keepin it. God knows she worried herself sick about me until I sobered up 9 years ago. There is no possible way that I would shirk on my promise. Only my death would free me of it. Or hers. And I want neither. I love living. I love myself (in the proper way), and I love her, and I love y'all, and I love Jesus. Not necessarily in that order. I'm typing fast. Sorry about the novella. Ya know, I get peeved at long posts.....until I make one. LOL See? That's how small of a human I can be. But I got my iron sites aimed upward. There they'll stay fixed. For those who read this thanks. For those who skipped to the ending......I FULLY.....FULLY....understand. I'm here by myself in this large house and need someone to talk to sometimes. And today...y'all got picked. And Daniel, you (or any other forum member) are welcome to come down and hunt with me at ANYTIME. We may not find crap.....but we'll laugh and have fun. And most importantly......feller-ship (as a guy in my church calls it). Love y'all. Happy Huntin.........intelligently. (keep packing out those unwanted finds and I will too)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2013 06:40PM by Kevin B.
September 06, 2013 06:53PM
:thumbs up:
September 06, 2013 08:29PM
WTG Kevin, your mothers very fortunate to have a son like you. My grandmother passed away 6 weeks ago (97yrs), and had advanced dimentia. My parents also refused to put her in a nursing home, but it took a tremendous toll on them as their lives were put on hold and they are up in years themselves. I can appreciate what your dealing with.

Aaron
September 07, 2013 03:38AM
Never think too far ahead just be happy to hunt and hope for the best and expect anything that can and will happen but may not. Or should I say good luck we will be wating for your report

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2013 01:25AM by Lawrenzo.
September 08, 2013 12:49AM
Thank you fellows. I appreciate your kind words. I mean.....I REALLY do. Really. Have a great weekend.