Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally! Some finds!

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally! Some finds!
September 17, 2013 12:02AM
Well the change to the F75 was a good one. I'm back to finding stuff again. Got out today for about an hour and couldn't handle it anymore. It seems I have what we call in the south "the crud" which is basically chest congestion and sinuses and everything that feels like the Flu but it's not the Flu. Anyway, my stamina ain't the greatest from it...but I couldn't stand being cooped up in the house reading about people finding stuff. I was under orders from the wife to stay at home...so I snuck off to a site close to home smiling smiley This site is one I got to late...the boys I hunt with had already picked it clean during my year break from hunting. They found quite a bit in it, but it's so small of an area that it doesn't take long to cover the entire thing. There's one section of it that is thick with iron...in which this was the first site I took my AT Pro to, hoping to ease something out of the iron. I left there empty pouched with the AT Pro. Now one thing about it...it has been extremely rainy this year on this end of the state. But since September hit...it hasn't rained a drop, and the ground is extremely hard right now. So it's no fun when you try to stick your digging tool in the ground and it doesn't move.

Here are my finds from about an hour today at this site with the F75. It was the first go there with an F75...well in experienced hands. One of the guys has an F75 as well, but insists on hunting it in disc mode...you just can't do that here and expect to find much. Motion all metal is where it's at in this soil...gives you a much better understanding of what is beneath the ground, as all these signals by their ID numbers, were for the most part, bouncy iron signals...which in disc mode, makes it sound choppy and not a good hit. The Case pocket knife is not Civil War period but the rest of the stuff is...the knife was an added bonus. Case pocket knives are my favorite knives. I can't wait to head back to some of the sites these boys have dubbed as cleaned out...as well as hitting some newer sites this fall/winter.

Re: Finally! Some finds!
September 17, 2013 12:42AM
Nice productive 1 hour hunt Daniel! Congrats
September 17, 2013 12:49AM
Nice hunt Daniel. My F 75 LTD is pretty special to me on the western end of the state, too. Good on the knife. HH jim tn
September 17, 2013 12:51AM
Glad to see ya back in the saddle
September 17, 2013 02:28AM
Nice digs for an hrs worth of fun :-)

HH
September 17, 2013 02:57PM
I would call that hunt a SUCCESS!!! MAN!!!! Here I have went and bought my AT Pro and now I want another (it would be my third) F-75. Anyway this thread ain't about me....it's about the awesome time you must have had, and the great sense of satisfaction that comes from finding stuff in a site that has been labeled 'hunted out'. Great job!!! Yes, All metal Motion is what I used when I had mine. I dug everything that made a quaver in the tone (when at sites with not much trash).
September 17, 2013 04:19PM
Kevin-- There are little tricks to running all metal mode on the F75 that can limit the amount of iron you dig, instead of digging every little signal. It took me a few dig holes to get back in the swing of things...but I caught on very quick; remembering from when I had used the F75 exclusively several yrs ago now. I am the sole reason my buddies went to them in the first place...I was wearing them out on every hunt we'd go on with my 75. Then I make a trip to Virginia and after seeing what the pulse machines were doing in bad dirt, I had to have a pulse machine...so somewhere along the way, I sold my F75 and got onto the pulse machine wagon, and never made it back to an F75 until now. I just love cutting a plug the length of my digging tool...and the target still be down in the hole, vs being in the tip of the plug itself. Well that is, unless the ground is hard as a brick and the target ends up being a soda can at a foot deep in ground that has been dozed/graded.
September 17, 2013 08:14PM
And that is why the F75 has a high-powered all-metal mode (with intelligence)..... and a couple of 'boost modes' to boot.
September 18, 2013 09:47AM
Nice Finds!!!!
September 19, 2013 03:25AM
Nice digs. gotta love the F75.
September 20, 2013 02:47AM
Yes, I am ready to admit that I made a dreadful mistake when I sold my second one. Had the 5 inch coil too. I look back on many of my decsions and really wonder how I have made it to 50. lol.......sigh
I wish that I had kept it long enough to learn it like that. I have always succumbed to the temptation of "the fishing always looks better on the other side of the creek".....until I get to the other side of the creek....and then I wonder why I left the side I was on first. I's catching more fish. Maybe someday, I'll become good friends with WISDOM.