Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I really really hate the USPS

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: I really really hate the USPS
September 20, 2013 10:35AM
I MUCH prefer UPS over USPS. Better tracking. Just better all around. A week ago, on a Friday, I had 4 packages that were slated to arrive on that very day. This is according to the tracking. All four of them reached the Memphis Hub early the day before. Three packages where coming via USPS. One with UPS. Guess which one I got. Yes, UPS. Normally, with USPS, when I see (via confirmation/tracking number) that a parcel is at the Memphis hub the day before......I usually ALWAYS get it the next day. But, I understand that it is a personal choice based on personal experiences. So, with that in consideration....it's UPS Ground for me. So far, so good.
Fed Ex cannot seem to find my house once they are in town.
September 20, 2013 04:45PM
It's them stinkin shafts. I have mailed quite a few detectors in the last few years. I always have problems finding a box that the shafts will fit into. If you go with a big oversize box the irregular size will cost you more.

I will add that I buy used detectors for the most part and they come to me without the origional box. My wife is one not to let empty boxes clutter up closets.
September 20, 2013 05:20PM
You gotta save those irregular size boxes, you never know if your gonna have sell the item. And when don't have them it's a royal pain trying to find one!
September 20, 2013 07:30PM
Here's a example:

Just today shipped out a package following dims:

36" x 14" x 6" @ 12lbs

USPS Priority Mail $78.50 (not insured)

UPS 3 Day Ground $26.00 (insured)

Please....do not shoot the messenger : )
September 21, 2013 12:20AM
Hungarian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yardhunter, I have a right to bash the usps. I
> paid $45 bucks and they finally figured out where
> my package was, which ended up being the clerks
> fault since they have had this problem with their
> equipment for 3 weeks and it was never reported to
> be fixed, until I raised a stink with the
> postmaster. I mean really? After over 25 people
> (what i was told) have lost tracking on their
> packages due to a glitch you think the clerks
> would be smart enough to figure something is
> wrong. Oh, by the way I worked for the USPS as a
> mail carrier for over a year back in 1996. I know
> what goes on. Sorry you work for them.

I know you have a right to bash the USPS. Have no problem with that. Regarding clerks in larger offices...with 1000's of items passing thru the system in any given city,
it probably took lots of packages to realize a problem was at hand. Sorry you had the problem with the USPS.
After 20+ years at the USPS...I still look forward to going to work when scheduled & do the best job I can.
I'm not a bit sorry I'm employed there.
I'm done...
Have a great day............see ya yard hunter
September 23, 2013 05:33PM
wildwally1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you don't like the USPS? Just wait until
> obamacare kicks in...

ehe! he! he! he!..needs to be funded first!
we are "broke!"..let the chinese pay for it!
ehe! he! he!.

(h.h.!)
j.t..
September 23, 2013 06:39PM
From Tom's header at the top of the forum.

This is an Open Forum to discuss any metal detecting questions or subjects. Please feel free to discuss any subject, in good taste and with due respect to all users???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2013 06:45PM by lytle78.
September 24, 2013 01:28AM
Well, I can only say that I have always used USPS without incident. UPS is a whole different story. Worst experiences ever. I guess everyone is different.
September 24, 2013 01:42AM
Well today fed ex is on my poop list. Came close to getting arrested there this morning, lol. Hey lytle78, lighten up bud. Be glad you are on the freeist forum around. Tom believes his in letting us exercise free speech. Believe it or not, that's what America is about...or was.