Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Signum, AKA Technology , from Russia has arrived!

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Signum, AKA Technology , from Russia has arrived!
December 27, 2013 02:49AM
xx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:28PM by possum mo.
Re: New Signum, AKA Technology , from Russia has arrived!
December 27, 2013 03:22AM
Interesting to see more/greater 'world interest'........ starting with the Mfr's.................. into this 'detecting' community.
December 27, 2013 02:20PM
Nice write up Possum! And no need to apalogize. Looking forward to future reports.
December 27, 2013 07:16PM
Thanks Possum! Looking forward to hearing more. Really would love a light and fast E-Trac like machine. (So to speak).

Let us know what you find,
Albert
December 27, 2013 09:04PM
My only concern would be ( who fixes it)....seems like it has a lot of usable facets and one would think U.S.A. companies would buy one as doubt if patents etc. stretch across the waters. Good luck with your new weapon....
December 27, 2013 10:23PM
What part of MO. are you from ? I live in the SW part of MO. Knowing the general area where you will be hunting with this detector, will help me see how good this detector performs in the ground. Since I have a general knowledge of how bad the mineralization is in different parts of MO. Hope to hear some in ground test in the future. Thanks, Mark
December 28, 2013 12:05AM
I e-mailed AKA on U.S. dealers and they said Kellyco would probably be their dealer here in the spring (April). Gary's UK site is also testing the Signum 7272, he praises the Sorex Pro!
December 28, 2013 12:26AM
Looks like a nice machine possum - hope to see some feedback from field use soon!
December 28, 2013 03:04AM
Good run Down..Keep us posted....

Interesting machine for sure...Dual mode...

The trick is gioing to be the unmasking,..Im sure its deep ..Hope it will find thing's other miss...

Keith
December 28, 2013 04:13AM
Sounds very interesting. Will be looking forward to your post on this machine.
HH
Corey
more tests
December 29, 2013 01:56AM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:31PM by possum mo.
December 29, 2013 02:01AM
great write up possum! Very thorough and legit testing. thanks!!
December 29, 2013 04:50PM
Great write up! I wonder if we should wait for the cheap Chinese knock offs?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 30, 2013 01:27PM
We are certainly in technological need of a greater depth detector for open fields (with minimal nails/iron). Sounds like there is hope.
December 31, 2013 03:31AM
Great write up Possum. I tested the same model machine with 3 different frequency coils in an older test garden,(7 years old). About a year ago. Love the hodographic screen. Had great depth. But the iron unmasking ability was terrible. The machine I tried had a Russian menu at that time. The real deal breaker for me was the fact that the one I tried would not hit on a small ladies 10k ring at even as shallow as 3 inches. Awesome build on a nice designed detector. Just a new design with some improvements still needed at the time. Sounds like maybe they have improved their coil designs so they are headed in the right direction. I drove 200 miles just to try it out and it was worth the field test. Kind of broke my heart that it was not everything I had hoped at the time, but not as much as it did for the guy who was selling it. He was a very good relic hunter with a lot of good machines, but he knew that the iron unmasking weakness was why he had it up for sale. I still love my Los Banos Cz6a and this machine compares to it on depth but they both struggle with iron unmasking. Please keep us up on all of your testing. I like seeing improvements made and maybe this company is paying attention and making the improvements needed to become a top of the line detector company in the very near future. I agree with Tom on this, it is a good prospect on an open field detector where there is not too much iron. All of this is just my opinion of the test I did of course. Yours may be different with the newer model...Stuart
January 02, 2014 04:02PM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:34PM by possum mo.
January 02, 2014 06:29PM
Where did you buy the Signum at? Straight from manufacturor or a dealer overseas?
January 02, 2014 06:59PM
Hello to everybody here!
I have just registered in this forum.
Nor sure if some advertising is available due to rules,but should say and confirm,that this deal was made directly with AKA main manufacturing in Moscow,Russia and with my participation.
Sorry again for advertising and admins will correct me if something is wrong.
In any case,AKA and me are open for discussions and for answering questions if occur.
Thanks.
Igor.
January 02, 2014 09:19PM
Welcome to the forum Igor.
January 02, 2014 10:11PM
Welcome Igor. Please feel free to tell the forum members about your machine designs and improvements as well as what your company strives for in the near future in machine and coil design. The members of this forum are very tech savy and always friendly and looking for improvements in the world of metal detecting. Thanks...Stuart
January 02, 2014 10:28PM
O.K.
Thanks again for the invitation.
As a general information could be mentioned in this case,that AKA is a brand name and is being working at metal detectors since 1993.
60 patents were received by AKA for achievments in this field.
Main manufacturing is located in Moscow,Russia.
Dozens of thousands of detectors were issued and sold all over the world.
Models,which can be considered as interesting for users are Sorex 7281 Pro and the top line Signum MFT 7272M.Both have English menu.
Both are multi frequency ones.
The hodograph identification is the main original feature of almost all AKA models.
VDI,sound and rating identifications are also applied in each of detectors.
Different coils of 3 kHz,7kHz,14 kHz are produced in different sizes.
Also,3 frequencies coils of 13" and 9.5" by 12.5" sizes could be suggested for dealing.
There is another,cheaper model,but I would say more complex for using,somebody can say even more interesting for using,Berkut with English menu will be available for dealing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 12:43AM by Igor.
January 02, 2014 10:57PM
Welcome Igor, Yes I purchased from Igor. Flawless transaction. Fast delivery. No, Im not on commission, LOL.
January 03, 2014 02:34AM
Hey Possum, how does an aluminum pulltab show up on the hodgraph? Straight line or other?
January 03, 2014 09:18AM
Los Alamos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Possum, how does an aluminum pulltab show up
> on the hodgraph? Straight line or other?
I will answer if you do not mind.All targets from non-ferrous metals are usually shown from the right part of a monitor.Only rarely because of a target is too small ot is caught from lamost a limit depth,it could be directed to the left.
Concerning a form of a hodograph.If a target is a coin or a pulltab of a flat form,the hodograph will be straight or very narrow oval.Sometimes old things are surrounded by their oxids staying for a long time in ground,in this case a hodograph will be changed somehow,but mostly straight and at the right.
January 03, 2014 01:08PM
Hi Igor,

Could you please tell me if any of the range of detectors can handle salt water beaches. Can any be used to go from wet sand to dry sand without any interference.

Regards O2findit.
January 03, 2014 02:59PM
Yes,to detect on beaches or on wet sands is always an issue for all VLF detectors.
There are several options in setting of Signum and Sorex Pro,which could improve detecting there,but all physical laws are applied in any case.
January 03, 2014 06:02PM
Igor,

Does the Signum MFT 7272M come with a stock coil? I know you offer a number of different coils but does the Signum come standard with one particular coil?

Thank you.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
January 03, 2014 06:16PM
I am able to supply Signum or Sorex with any of coils if there are in stock,including 3 frequencies coil if needed.Probably a difference in costs of coils will be taken into account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 06:19PM by Igor.
January 03, 2014 06:44PM
Welcome Igor and thanks for the information! I have been watching a good number of videos on-line of the Sorex Pro and I am about convinced it is the detector I have been looking for. Is the Sorex Pro operators manual available on-line to download? In English? Thanks! Bill
January 03, 2014 06:51PM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome Igor and thanks for the information! I
> have been watching a good number of videos on-line
> of the Sorex Pro and I am about convinced it is
> the detector I have been looking for. Is the Sorex
> Pro operators manual available on-line to
> download? In English? Thanks! Bill
-------------------------------------------------
Hi,Bill,generally the manual in English of Sorex Pro comes with the detector in printed form.Before dealing,yes,you can download from here and to convince in buying this detector.On this page,down from the left due to the link,
[aka.2000.ru]