Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Signum, AKA Technology , from Russia has arrived!

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Signum, AKA Technology , from Russia has arrived!
January 04, 2014 03:01AM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:37PM by possum mo.
January 04, 2014 03:35AM
Similar to f-75 numbers.....maybe a tad higher.
January 04, 2014 03:36AM
Thanks for the info Possum, looking forward to the actual "in ground" results.
January 04, 2014 11:58AM
To inform members further,I should say,that AKA detectors are very sensitive indeed,more,than mostly of others and even more expensive,than AKAs.
There is an opportunity in making GB manually to the (-) direction to receive significantly more depth,but falsing could also appears,but sometimes it is worthy to do.From the other side,making GB to (+) direction manually with 2-3 points,could receive more comfortable detecting without any falsing,just checking rather big non-ferrous targets to be in the visual part of the monitor.
There are algorithms in setting,changing those,it could be possible to detect on trash areas more effectively.
Many things are in these russian machines,which you probably never saw in others and supposed you will like all that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2014 12:00PM by Igor.
January 04, 2014 03:55PM
Yes, Igor, very sensitive machine, with nice features. Most sensitive, deepest, VLF machine I have ever used in my test garden. though, I have not tried all detectors. I wish it would warm up, so I could go hunting! How cold is temperature in Moscow?
January 04, 2014 06:03PM
Hi,Daryl,
a good work could be performed to study Signum properly,it is very professional detector with a lot of features and details in setting.For those people,who probably prefer more easy detecting,Sorex will suit,though the Sorex is also very clever item.
The temperature now is very soft due to usual data on these days and it is -1 below zero and almost no snowing.
January 08, 2014 10:37PM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:48PM by possum mo.
January 09, 2014 12:10AM
Hey Daryl if you can adjust your tone break's... Not sure if you can...you might see better response from the dime on edge......

I think thats what needs to be understood theres now in place a threshold to meet or cross in unmasking abilities and iron unlocking perfromance and if the manufacturers dont want to come up to speed in the unmasking Im not sure what's their aim...

I hope FT's next machine has the added attributes Now required plus retains the BP mode ...LOOK OUT!! if they do...But if they cant cross the threshold or even meet it again somebodys is not doing their homework..

Or who knows maybe someone else will offer a BP mode machine with the feautre set that is now required and must have...

Yes Im enamored with Proper Boost process and also with the ultimate iron hunter...I just want them in the same machine...At this point I dont see a need to go in reverse..My hunt time is precious...

thanks for testing out the Sorex Daryl and reporting on it!

Keith
January 09, 2014 04:29PM
Hi,Keith,
this report was devoted to Signum MFT 7272M.
There are several models producing by AKA.Sorex Pro is very nice detector,but not top of the line by AKA.Signum is the top.
In both of them there are 2 like different detectors,working simultaneously-one of them like seeking in all metal mode and it is called the Real Time channel and the second one is the Short Tone channel.So,detecting with Sorex or Signum,you have 2 detector working at once.The Real Time channel is deeper and shows any kind of metals by the same sounding.The Short Time channel has up to 5 sounds for defining metals more exactly.Also,there is an option of changing a frequency of sounds to make more comfortable for ears.
January 10, 2014 03:48AM
bump
January 10, 2014 09:26PM
I would like evrybody who probably is interested in buying AKAs now or in a future,to have a look at this video and at some others made by Scott in the USA.If there are questions,I will reply with pleasure.
[www.youtube.com]
January 11, 2014 03:58PM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:39PM by possum mo.
January 17, 2014 05:45PM
I am curious what the hodograph signals look like at the beach in the sand. How well can it tell the difference in tabs and gold rings. The hodograph might show a distinct difference. If so that would be great.
January 18, 2014 02:48AM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:40PM by possum mo.
January 21, 2014 02:53AM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:43PM by possum mo.
January 21, 2014 09:38AM
Really,it is a very nice review especcially taking into account,that tested on a sand.This soil is always considered as complicated for VLF items.But,glad to hear,that you managed to set your Signum properly on the first day of your digging on a beach.
And,I agree fully,that Signum has a lot of settings and if to dig on rather clean and not trash sites,you will receive significantly more depth,that you mentioned the other detectors,you compared here.
Your new reports if made are welcome!
January 22, 2014 05:58PM
These are some airtest videos.........just crazy depths!

AKA Signum 7272 MFT with 6" coil: [www.youtube.com]
AKA Signum 7272 MFT with 10.5" coil: [www.youtube.com]
AKA Signum 7272 MFT with 15" coil: [www.youtube.com]
January 22, 2014 10:08PM
I should remind here,that these detectors are produced in Moscow,Russia by AKA manufacturing,which exists from 1993.So,for making deals,please,send a message directly to AKA in Moscow or simply through mails to me.Here is the oficial AKA site in Moscow,Russia.
[aka.2000.ru]
These are the videos made by our good friend in the USA,Scott
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 08:33AM by Igor.
January 23, 2014 01:35AM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:46PM by possum mo.
January 24, 2014 02:13PM
Daryl.....

Since I wrote the Signum manual in English I will address your comments.

Re writing it as suggested is not practical. First off we are not the only country that speaks English. The UK currently buys the bulk of English AKA detectors. I was asked by the UK users TO NOT write an American manual. Reason is if I write one with the purpose of simplifying it or use common American speak then I would then have issues with other English speaking countries saying the same thing. Again...the Brits were quite correct in asking me to not write it in American.

Second. Many times manuals are written from the engineering point of view. This is common and tends to put maybe a bit more information from a purely technical aspect into the manual. Sometimes this is good...sometimes bad....depends on the person using it and their understanding of the technical information they are reading. So you try to strike a balance between the giving enough technical information but so much it makes it painful to read. You have to try and please the majority of users....very tough actually.

The original manual was written by an Engineer, I would assume, simply based upon the level of technical description. It made it a challenge to translate it into English and not read as a thesis. Plus there are times it was impossible to change the translated meaning into something simpler without losing the meaning. The manual took me over 60 hours in the end to translate into a readable document. While there are some sections that still have that Russian to English translation accent to it...most are just fine.

The detector is a very well engineered unit and needs a similarly well engineered manual. One cannot simply make it simpler without taking away the potential for the user to understand the function AND design.

As for a troubleshooting section that was considered by me however at the time I wrote it I did not have enough information on what areas would be worth putting in nor did I have the time. Typical snags people run into are ground balancing and coil calibrations. However if you read the manual front to back several times even these procedures have a quick explanation on troubleshooting any problems. Specifically incorrect VDI due to improper ground balance or how to GB for inside air testing.

So in the end a troubleshooting section becomes a redundancy of information already included. In this case I think forums help more than the manual.

Remember that AKA does not have any American trained technical writers so...who would make a purely American manual...again remember we are not the only English users around.... a compromise has to be struck to make a somewhat universal English manual.

What serves any detector best, for troubleshooting, is a forum for that detector. You just cant cover enough in a manual no matter how well written or how much information is included to cover it all. Plus..in the end the more you include the less people read. I know...I wrote technical manuals before...seems the more we put into them the more questions we had...seems there is a sort of Delta peak to information I suppose.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2014 02:40PM by shughey00.
January 24, 2014 02:48PM
Well stated.
January 24, 2014 10:38PM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:50PM by possum mo.
January 25, 2014 12:24AM
I do not encourage dealers (pushers) with wrongful biased motives.
I applaud......... and strongly encourage.......... manufacturers (especially the design engineers) to share, bounce concepts, learn, grow, struggle together, dream, share difficulties, bolst success........... and a host of other attributes of technologically growing together. Most would be shocked to learn (measure the order-of-magnitude) of just how beneficial "learning together" can advance humankind.

And.......... air-tests do mean a lot to me........... as a base-reference for 'initial' performance. . . . especially here in (inert dirt) Florida ... whereby, many detectors will perform equal in dirt ..as they perform in an air-test.

And if a design engineer (and/or manufacturer) wishes for me to field-test a specific unit; I can perform such. Just be aware that all testing will be posted in the public's eye........ all 'above board'.......... in complete/total honesty........... benefits/attributes, short-comings/down-falls etc....
I would be remiss if I did not say that I always try to find the extreme 'specific niche' for any/all detectors. Manufacturers just be aware that......... this may result in tremendous sales........... or kill (deem unmarketable) a conceptual platform. And if there is a 'forum member general consensus request' for me to test/analyze/report performance of a new unit(s)........ I will set aside time...... to the best of my abilities....... if the unit is provided.
January 25, 2014 12:45AM
Tom, I hope Igor takes you up on your offer, and sends you a unit.
January 25, 2014 01:28PM
Such a fun thread to read. Thanks for all the great input guys.

How is the depth and separation of the 7272 (top of the line?) compared to say an E-Trac/CTX in moderately mineralized soil (mine!). ;-)

Also, is there just one manual (7281?) but does it apply to this unit?

My E-Trac mod came out well, better balanced, but still not great and a bit on the delicate side (not a perfect mod). I will be looking at one of these units for spring, if Fisher doesn't have their Multi Freq unit then...

Thanks,
Albertt
January 25, 2014 04:25PM
x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 12:52PM by possum mo.
January 25, 2014 07:17PM
I second Tom's statement about air test depth and it appears with the 6" coil it hit that small silver coin (smaller than a dime at about 35cm) Or....about 13.75".

If legitimate this unit is definitely worthy of review. Who can verify? I'm in. Send it to Tom!
January 25, 2014 07:38PM
Sorry HH, Possum. Went back and caught that you did receive a 6" coil and at max settings in BP mode hit a silver dime at 14". Quite impressive. What threw me out initially on this unit was it was in Russian. Possibly one to add to the arsenal.
January 25, 2014 11:01PM
[www.reviewdetector.ru]

I hope the link works.
AKA is working on a prototype detector for better imaging
I would like to see Mr Lvovich team up with Dave J!
Who knows what they could come up with!
Dirt Dawg, Tom does not need to verify my air tests , those are easy to do.
The real tests will be in actual field use, which I am itching to do!
February 01, 2014 11:16AM
Hi Possum,what is your opinion about Signum so far?

Liaso