Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out what the XP Deus found on the last day of the year!!!!

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Check out what the XP Deus found on the last day of the year!!!!
January 01, 2014 04:36AM

A Vintage Carpenters hatchet with nail puller (on claw is broken..........blame Murphy's Law for that one). About a half hour later (yeah, signals are sparse) my XP Deus VDI showed a 37 to 39. I figured that it was some can slaw or maybe some old foil. But look waht came out of the hole!!!! This complete arrowhead!!!!! So.......start digging all of them low signals. LOL Full story......there really was a piece of old wadded up foil in the hole along with the arrowhead. But I thought that was pretty unusal to dig a arrowhead up while detecting. By the way.......the most important thing is ........Happy New Year to all of my Dankowski Forum members!!!!!!!! (the quarter is only for size referencing. Night all!!!!!
Re: Check out what the XP Deus found on the last day of the year!!!!
January 01, 2014 05:09AM
Cool find.
January 01, 2014 05:11AM
Nice!
January 01, 2014 05:36AM
Sweet finds. HAPPY NEW YEAR
January 01, 2014 05:48AM
Awesome arrow head. The hatchet looks menacing !!! HA ! The Deus is doing it again for you..

Happy New Year Kevin and to all the forum members. Have a healthy, safe 2014
January 01, 2014 05:57AM
killer finds Kevin!!!
January 01, 2014 09:13AM
Nice finds.

Perfect example where it pays to dig all targets.

Joe
January 01, 2014 06:48PM
NICE job, Kevin, on the hatchet head, and that arrowhead is beautiful! Super "bonus" there, on that dig!

Steve
January 01, 2014 07:00PM
Kevin,

That happened to be one time before as well! My uncle and I were hunting one of his sites and he had told me prior to hunting to check my holes good, because he had found an arrow head in one of his holes while digging a bullet. I laughed it off. Until I was digging what turned out to be a minie ball...and out of the hole came an arrow head...and then another one, with several more flint chips/chards in the hole. I noticed when I dug down, that the ground had black charcoal in it...must have been a dual camp site over the years. What was a good camp site would have still remained a good camp site. Here's the two that came out of the same hole for me:

January 01, 2014 07:29PM
great finds I love findig tools never found an arrow head

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 01, 2014 08:20PM
Nice claw hatchet Kevin...probably has a name on it above the blade....those were popular styles for hatchets in the 1920's 1930's and such....doubled as a hammer and a hatchet with the ability to pull a nail with the claw...unlike the other hatchets that had the nail slot in the blade for roofing....that type you have is a like a boy scout design....

Keith
January 01, 2014 08:27PM
Sweet Kevin!
January 02, 2014 02:03AM
Interesting ax head, I haven't ever seen one with the hook on the nose like that. AWESOME arrowhead!!! Nice of it to sound off in the foil range. smiling smiley

Thanks for sharing.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 02:04AM by schultzie.
January 02, 2014 07:47PM
Thank guys!!!! Where I found this.......beside the TN river.......there was six ceremonial blades dound once. The soil in this area is very bloack and fertile.....and in some holes, I recovered very old mussel shells that had been (likely) eaten by the Native Americans that once thrived here. If they were to plow this area up with a double moldboard plow.....and then after a few rains......there is just NO TELLING what flint (really...chirt) relics would turn up. I did find two Prussian .69 cal two ringers here. And a Confederate Local staff officer's button......a while back. I keep going back here thinking that I might find another one of those Confederate buttons. Or bullets.
In other news: I was reading a diary of a Union soldier who fought at Pittsburg Landing (Shiloh). The stories in there are night marish. But after the battle was over, the Union officers went around to all of the fallen Southern officers and took out their knives and cut the buttons off the Confederate officers uniforms for souvenirs!!! (Didn't they know that they were breaking National Military Park rules!!!!????....lol.....sigh....). So the FIRST relic hunters at Shiloh......where the Union servicemen. Ironic isn't it??? If that's the word. In the diary (remember....a Union man)........he said that you could tell the Union m,ass graves by the Confederate mass graves. The Union mass graves where well done.....well adorned. But the Confederate mass graves had arms and legs (rigor mortis) sticking up out of them!!!!!!
I don't prize Confederate relics more than Union relics because they are far more valuable. But because of the mistreatment of the Confederate dead. And I learned this from a Union man's observations and his recording them in his diary. I relaize the war is over.....and we are now ONE again. And I respect that. I have many friends from the Northern states. I just found this interesting,.......about the buttons being clipped off the Confederate dead's jackets (probably because the were FAR more attractive than the spread Eagle buttons of the Union......and their mass production. But mainly, our job as dectorists....in my small opinion.....is to rescue these relics from the disintegrating effects of dirt, fertilizers......pavement......new houses......etc etc. And yet the general public SEEMS to think that we are slightly better than dumpster divers. (Some think this....not all). I wish that a television documentary could be done on TRUE metal detecting. Unstaged. Interviews with true detectorists (experienced ones). These are words from a guy who has been hearing "No, I don't think so." alot, lately......when asking permission. Y'all please forgive my wishy washy thoughts today. I am not really adding anything to the forum right now by expressing my thoughts. Just feeling BLAH lately. Nevertheless: Happy Detecting and Happy New Year to everyone here!!!!!! SINCERELY!!!!
January 02, 2014 08:52PM
Real nice find, once in a while we'll find one like that..........
January 03, 2014 11:26AM
Heck Kevin! I don't know whether I want to go arrowhead hunting or detecting!! Great finds! I like digging the big iron myself. I have quite a collection of hatchets, broad axe heads, and horseshoes. LOL. I even found a large wedge that I assume was for splitting wood. Keep them coming!! smiling smiley