Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ70 Pro detecting settings and tips wanted.

Posted by davkeene 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ70 Pro detecting settings and tips wanted.
January 25, 2010 07:30PM
I'll be using a Fisher CZ70 Pro this Spring and need "tons" of advice. Where can I find good info on Ground Balancing, deep coin settings, etc. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you. Dave in N.E. Penna.
Re: CZ70 Pro detecting settings and tips wanted.
January 26, 2010 12:16AM
Dave I replied to your findmall PM. Hope it helps.
January 26, 2010 05:15PM
I would appreciate the help too. I am sending my 70 to Keith Willis this week to be fixed. He will have it back in about 2 months, just in time for spring.
Thanks!
January 27, 2010 12:55PM
Dave,

Check "Fisher Intelligence" on the home-page/front-page of this forum.
From your neck of the woods..
January 30, 2010 05:22PM
Dave living 20 miles or so from you know the ground is medium high on mineralization..Tip for ground balancing keep the volume and sens. at 10 so you can clearly hear the audio for accurate balancing, once balanced move the settings where you may...Most CZ70's can't get the sens much over 4 perhaps 6 and still keep a stable unit..But will still go as deep as other CZ's set higher, has something to do with sens, parameters. Set the disc. and notch where you may and high or low disc. doesn't affect depth to any great degree one of the few units where high disc. doesn't cause depth loss. Got some of my deepest silver discing all out except high coins. Might want to set ground balance a hair positive(slight audio when pumping toward ground)..Your call on volume at 10 hear the deepies a tad better and of course at 4 its modulated audio(shallow loud-deep soft)..A slow swing is recommended for superior depth. All in all a user friendly unit but the above should help to get extreme depth.
Re: From your neck of the woods..
January 31, 2010 03:48PM
Here is a tip . Get Toms video