Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ years of manufacture ?

Posted by Gonebeepin' 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ years of manufacture ?
January 29, 2010 06:24AM
Anybody have handy the years (ie CZ-6 1993-xx) that each of the CZ land models were manufactured?
Re: CZ years of manufacture ?
January 29, 2010 04:44PM
Gonebeepin'

I purchased one of the very early models and as I recall it was in 1991. It had a lot of problems but FRL was real good about it and converted it to 6A that eliminated the problems. I have used CZ's almost exclusively since then. I have bought other models and liked them but always reverted to CZ. Can't beat the depth and the precise chirp. I'm not fond of the wailing of variable pitch for target ID.

Didn't think I was going to be able to get another CZ until Panman put his on the market!

Good hunting
Wally
CZ land models, from introduction to discontinued?
January 29, 2010 05:29PM
What years were they introduced? When were they discontinued?

CZ-6 - 1991? to ?

CZ-6A - from xxxx to xxxx

CZ-5 - from xxxx to xxxx

CZ-7A - from xxxx to xxxx

CZ-70 - from xxxx to xxxx

CZ-3D - 200? - CURRENT

I had a CZ-6 that I bought back in '93, at least that is the earliest date I show the detector mentioned in my find log sheets. I'm not sure when the CZ-6 was discontinued and the CZ-6a and CZ-5 introduced.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
January 29, 2010 09:49PM
Here is quote from a previous post entitiled "CZ Evolution" If you take the time to browse around using the search function on this forum you will most likely find the answer to most of your questions concerning the CZ's

Original CZ was a CZ-6; released in the Fall of 1991. Proto's had been running around since Fall of 1990.... and had been on the Dave Johnson drawing board and test bench since 1986. ((( Dave never felt he truly 'completed' the project.... as his time & funds were FRL restricted ))). Then; CZ-5 was released in 1992 (slightly lower cost unit for more folks to afford).

CZ-7 = Fall, 1996
CZ-7a = Spring, 1998
CZ-7a Pro = Summer, 1998
CZ-70 Pro = Sept. 2001
CZ-3D = Feb. 2004

The CZ-6 was; analog, rainproof/splashproof/dustproof... no external speaker.
The CZ-5 was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... had external speaker.
The 7, 7a, 7a Pro & 70 were digital and rainproof/splashproof/dustproof.
The 7, 7a had "AA" batteries under arm-cup. (7a corrected a battery drain problem).
7a Pro & 70 used a pair of 9V in control box.
CZ-3D was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... has external speaker.

Depth capabilities have been nearly identical since inception; with a couple of minor exceptions = CZ-70's were set-up so as to authorize a little bit of 'overdrive' in the Sensitivity dept. When Sens was set at '6' or above, the detector might become slightly chattery/unstable. Some areas could handle this; hence, this performance availability. The CZ-3D was also set up in this fashion; but, in addition, it will ID deeper coins (and other targets) with greater ID accuracy. I chose the NON-rainproof/dustproof/splashproof box config for the CZ-3D so as to allow more folks to afford the unit...... and analog platform as most prefer this config. --The CZ-20 is a analog CZ-5 in a 250' deep capable underwater unit.

Interesting that no unit has been able to trump the depth capabilities of the CZ platform in most applications.

IN A NUTSHELL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 09:53PM by Leo234.
January 29, 2010 10:00PM
Thanks alot Leo, great information. Ive been wondering about the CZ's release dates too.
The CZ rEvolution
January 30, 2010 01:51AM
Thanks Leo,

Ditto the thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
Some more info..
January 30, 2010 03:49PM
CZ6 indeed had a plastic connector at the box and coil connector was a new type that failed in many as connector kept loosing contact. Thus the CZ6A was introduced and many CZ6's were converted to CZ6A..however many original CZ'6's are still original and work fine. CZ7A being a rod mount only never took off and also used batteries in storage and had a slow pinpoint and thus the CZ7A pro corrected these problems when introduced.As one of the other fellows mentioned CZ70 had different sens. parameters and 4-6 sens. was tops while keeping stable unit...also some when in sun gave a rainbow effect(meter face) which was cosmetic at best and didn't effect its operation..All in all most CZ's correctly tuned give the same approximate depth but the analog is a hair faster than the digital..