Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Walked up on a House site Today Gold ring ( Video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Walked up on a House site Today Gold ring ( Video)
January 20, 2014 03:02AM
Found this house Today walking along an old road...

House does not show up on No old map's....

Feels like maybe an 1890 house...the old road keeps going..might go back down tomorrow or Tuesday and see if theres not another house deeper on down the road..

Was using the GMP

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Walked up on a House site Today Gold ring ( Video)
January 20, 2014 03:34AM
Keith, did you get any marks on the gold ring? Post a pic when you get it cleaned up....

Tom in SC
January 20, 2014 11:26AM
Never seen someone so calm after finding a big gold ring.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Keith you live in a great area for detecting!
Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2014 11:39AM by Aaron.
January 20, 2014 01:51PM
Nice!
January 20, 2014 02:07PM
cool ring. Wish we didnt have to buy from overseas to get the gmp.
January 20, 2014 03:18PM
Yep. You are a diehard relic hunter.
You are more excited about relics than gold!
January 20, 2014 04:36PM
As long as you had fun that is all that counts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2014 06:04PM
Nice finds Keith!

It is kind of funny how us diehard relic hunters react to gold and silver.... (or maybe most of us)

My relics go in the display cases and the gold and silver goes in a ziplock bag.
January 20, 2014 09:00PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep. You are a diehard relic hunter.
> You are more excited about relics than gold!

I would be too Tom

IF

you have the chance at finding a Reb button or the like that could sell for like 10xs the amount of that gold ring like Keith and those boys down there do!
January 21, 2014 01:37AM
I bet Keith first thought was its the edge of a gold coin...then hes like'crap,only a ring' , lol.
January 21, 2014 01:41AM
Thanks Fella's

I dont see any marking's on it...Must be pretty old..theres some Clear stones around the top..in some sort of Pewter? Setting.

Yes Ray When I saw that edge of Gold I was thinking Finally!!!!!! NOPE!!!

Yes Tom...I Love the relics...But I would like a Gold Relic Too!!!!!I gotta find me a Gold Coin....This is getting OLD!!!!

Keith
January 21, 2014 02:01AM
Keith wrote: "gotta find me a Gold Coin....This is getting OLD!!!! "

I know the feeling....
January 21, 2014 02:35AM
Nice finds Keith!

Thanks for sharing, Appreciate you taking the time to share your adventures with us.

Well done smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
January 21, 2014 02:57AM
man I miss that type of hunting!!!!!!

chuck.
January 21, 2014 11:57AM
Keith.......... with your type of hunting.......... you are 'overdue' for a gold coin. It's in the ratio(s).
January 21, 2014 02:20PM
I just hope he has his camera running when he does...
January 21, 2014 04:35PM
great stuff Keith I went to one of the oldest sites of a particular settlement about 1802 but it was crazy I kept finding novelty rings from the 50's I think over the years it was a party spot but I did manage find a 1813 large cent underneath a placed rock or part of remains of a stonewall which was crazy had dowsed a path to it before finding it with the detector
January 21, 2014 11:36PM
I would definitely be surprised at finding a gold ring at such a place, away from the typical gold jewelry locations.

But I guess if your initial impression is a gold coin, then discovering it’s a gold ring might be kind of a downer.

But on the up side, it might be an “old” gold ring.

Congrats on the golden find.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
Ring pics
January 22, 2014 03:48AM

No marks on the gold ring..

Keith
January 22, 2014 03:38PM
Congrats on the gold ring. But like you, I would of been more tickled to find some CW relics. Looks like a good area next to the old road bed.
Corey
January 22, 2014 04:36PM
Hi,,Okay I can't look at videos because I'm on a dial-up connection so I have to kinda piece information together....I see you put up some photos of two different older costume jewelry rings..I can only assume you found them somewhere while detecting?....So to help me unravel my confusion I was wondering if are you going to put up a picture of the gold ring you found at the house site? It's tough trying to decipher things when you can't do youtube videos....Thanks....JJ
January 22, 2014 04:51PM
What's in that setting Keith a garnet?
Nice ring congrats!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
January 22, 2014 07:09PM
Hey JJ the rings are there in the pics...one is some sort of silver plated with red glass.....

The other is Gold band with a pewter it seems setting in the top holding some sort of glas/stone's...

People saw the hint of gold in thevideo as i retrieved it and it is gold but it'ss not marked....and not sure why they married gold with Pewter if that's what it is...

But the rings are I would say from the late 1800's ..not sure when they started marking gold...

I find a pretty fair amount of jewelry in old houses but they are alwasy either wedding band's or costume jewelry (brooches alot)as you see....and usually plated gold...every once in awhile I find a real gold older ring like this odd ball..

Aaron I think maybe the stone is red glass since the ring is just silver plate? Doubt they would put a nice stone in a cheap setting...

Again nothing to talk about Jimmy people just wanted to see the rings cleaned...

First thing I noitce about this house is its been hunted before...all the targets are coming up low conductor..thats the curse of living in a Civil War area. the houses have been cherry picked...not hunted out but cherry picked...Ive never put a coil on this house but I can tell it's hunted pretty tight..there is high condcuotrs in there but you'll have to work for them...the few things I am finding is what they did not want to dig from I.D. or they could not hit with typical older tech machines ..

Its very rare to find a non hunted house in my neck of the wood's...you'll know when you do though... they will be coins and big larger brass item's easy to get...I would say about 20% you find new to yuo have not been hunted.. the other 80% are pre hunted...

Sorry your on dial up Jimmy...But I promise you did not miss nothing LOL!!

Keith
January 22, 2014 08:49PM
Hi Keith,,,Thanks a ton for the clarification........I say just about any finds from these older sites are very interesting to look at....However the silver coins coming out of these places are sparse to say the least....The Indian heads & Large cents that come out of farm fields are pretty toasted too,it's kinda sad but true....So I tend to focus on a few worked out or sites that people have basically given up on that produce some beautiful Indian head pennies etc......These are of course located in parks etc. not fields or the woods....I have a basically fail-proof technique I'm going to initiate and put into action this coming spring.....It's just great to get out and basically get paid to exercise.....There's no need to become a paid member at a gym etc...LoL.... Best of luck....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 08:51PM by jimmyjiver.