Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hi All Beach Hunters

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hi All Beach Hunters
January 23, 2014 05:13PM
Hi Tom, I know you live close to the beach, but don,t know if anyone else dose. What i need to know if anyone ever used a Whites Beach Hunter ID 300. If so how dose it work on the beach? Is it a good detector to get started beach hunting with. I have done dry sand, with my MXT and other land detectors, but never in the water. I don,t like out to deep, just about to my knees or a little better, Don,t like the big fish that live there. If the Beach Hunter is ok, let me know and if not so good let me know that to. I know there are a lot better, but this is all i could come up with at this time. Thanks Flintstone
Re: Hi All Beach Hunters
January 23, 2014 05:38PM
I had a beach hunter a few years ago, for a brief period. If you love trying to hold a buoyant coil down (even though Whites claims it's zero buoyant, it's not, trust me) while your swinging and you don't like finding gold chains, thin rings and earrings.....go for it.

For a lot less, you'll find the Tiger Shark a lot better machine, w a lifetime warranty, which is huge for a water machine. It will also find a lot of the micro jewelry, forget it w the Hunter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 05:44PM by Aaron.
January 23, 2014 06:01PM
Opps...sorry the Tiger not a good choice for salt, sorry. Glad I reread your post.

Aaron
January 23, 2014 06:10PM
Yep Tesoro's really excel in fresh water but not recommended for salt water enviroments...CZ21 or Excalibur would be my choice...Don't try any land versions even in knee deep water as a slip or rogue wave will cost you a metal detector..As good as many Whites units are they are not micro jewelry gold chain units...
January 23, 2014 06:46PM
I've fallen in love with my White's Dual Field. It has done Amazingly well for me in the California wet sand and shallow (very) water. Latest find was a 0.9 gram 14K ring.

Perhaps you might consider a PI?

Regards, Joe (California)
January 23, 2014 11:11PM
flintstone, there have been many bad reviews of the bhid! some of the complaints were things like the coil is to buoyant, the gasket fails and leaks. im pretty sure I remember tom saying he tried one and did not like it at all!
you can pick up a good used excal or cz20 for around $600-$700 . or maybe a tesoro sandshark or whites dual field pi. is the bhid even multi freq ?? if not it will not be anywhere close to the cz or excal.

chuck.
January 24, 2014 12:36AM
Guys I read the bad stuff on the old Beach Hunter, But the Beach Hunter 300 has been redone, with a new 12" coil and all. Are you talking abput the old one or the new one?
January 24, 2014 12:44AM
Flintstone, yes. That is the machine, it was actually re-done a few years ago and that's the one I bought....new. The biggest complaint people had with the old one was the buoyant coil, and the problem is still there w the new one.

Aaron
January 24, 2014 12:49AM
You might get a used CZ for that .... but Xcals are going for crazy prices right now even used $800 and up. The Bhid runs dual freq ... same as the DFX 3 and 5 kHz. In my area in Fl.... i bet ive not seen but a couple of them ever. NOT water proof.... but the Sov for shallow hunting is a kick butt machine on the beach anywhere but deep. Advantage.... headphones and several coil choices not to mention they are just darn good machines. They can be hip or chest mounted.

Dew
January 26, 2014 06:43AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a beach hunter a few years ago, for a brief
> period. If you love trying to hold a buoyant coil
> down (even though Whites claims it's zero buoyant,
> it's not, trust me) while your swinging and you
> don't like finding gold chains, thin rings and
> earrings.....go for it.
>
> For a lot less, you'll find the Tiger Shark a lot
> better machine, w a lifetime warranty, which is
> huge for a water machine. It will also find a lot
> of the micro jewelry, forget it w the Hunter.
I second that.. I had one to use in the Philippines.. When I got back to the states, I could not sell it fast enough. CGot a Tiger Shark. Tiger is not to good in wet salt water beach.. In fresh water. Get ready,, You will find the good items fast and deep... KEN
January 26, 2014 10:11PM
Perhaps all you beach hunters could start chanting Au-21X all together now Au-21X ONE more time with FEELING Au-21X!! & HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 10:15PM by rapidroy7.
January 27, 2014 12:56AM
The 21x would be perfect in the water if you could water-proof it or even splash proof it. I have taken the risk and with spectacular results...