Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm so impressed with the NEL coil

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: I'm so impressed with the NEL coil
January 25, 2014 04:02AM
Hi Keith,, I should of been more specific about the coil...Are all the 5" coils DD? .......JJ
January 25, 2014 04:22AM
Hey Jimmy digging through the NEL site all the ones in the 5" are DD ..

actually I dont see a concentric coil listed...in any size..

Dig around and see what you come up with

[coils-nel.com]

Keith

Better prices can be had in hte states though on the coils listed..

the 5 inch here is 101.00

Keith
January 25, 2014 04:28AM
Hey Ray Sounds Great on the upcoming adventure for sure!!!

Thats awesome that your 18 year old is getting the fever...no better way to spend time with your Son!!

Wish my daughters would hunt...But my teenager is more obsessed with girl thing's,,,My youngest one is 11 and she's into softball and ballet but no go on the Metal detecting...

Oh well maybe they will give me a grandson one day to hunt with...

Yes do let us know the outcome of the 5 inch on the AT...Im looking forward to some insight,I hope its a eye opener...or better yet a site unlocker for you...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 04:32AM by Keith Southern.
January 25, 2014 04:31AM
Hi again Keith,,,,Yeah it's looking like they all maybe DD's....I have not confirmed that 100% yet........That puts a whole new paint job on things.....Thanks....JJ
January 25, 2014 01:22PM
While at the opposite end of size I've hunted with a friend who bought the NEL Big coil for the AT-Pro. Yeah, it's a monster to swing but it was also a depth monster as well. We were on a fresh water beach and comparing undug targets with my Etrac with Ultimate 13 coil.

It ran at full sensitivity and was very quiet. This was an old, old beach and the good stuff was very deep. We pulled a small broken silver ring at a measured 16" for instance. Neither of us got much of an ID but both got tones we'd dig. All the coins were over a foot. There was another AT-Pro there with a 5x8, which is a good coil, but it wouldn't hit the deep stuff.

We also tried it on an old lot where I thought it would be crazy to run as the trash debsity was very high. I'm sure it missed some but it also pulled some coins out of the soup. The next weekend on another lot he had his biggest silver day ever with that monster. I'm very impressed with what NEL is doing.

I'm thinking of saving for one for the Etrac as a beach coil. I already swing with a harness anyways!
January 25, 2014 01:29PM
How many US dealers are there? I found two but neither have the coil I want in stock. I sent emails to both of them and both replied to me. One says they have seen a huge increase in stability on the F75 and T2 and can run the machines wide open with the Hunter 12.5 x 8.5 coils. To me, that is pretty much the same coil as what comes stock on an F75 and I would hate to buy one and it be basically the same. The other dealer said he wasn't exactly sold on them for the F75/T2 yet. He said with some of the other detectors they had tested them on, they seem to work really well. Both of them said the 15x17 inch coil didn't really do anything for the F75/T2. One of them said it basically gave the regular mode F75s the same general depth as the F75 with BP mode...but at the cost of being much heavier.

I'm interested in the Tornado 12x13 and the Sharp 5" for the F75. I don't have a small coil for mine. I do have the Ultimate 13 by DeTech and it seems to be a decent coil but I wonder if the NEL could be better.
January 25, 2014 02:14PM
I've found that my LTD SE has always ran very stable anyways w the 5", now the 11" that's a different story.